Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 06:02 PM

Default Calgary backcountry partner

Hi,

I'm looking for a partner to join me on general backcountry archery elk hunts this september. I'm pretty new to hunting, but have a couple of seasons under my belt and have some places in mind. If you're in Calgary and interested, shoot me a message.

Adam
Old 08-19-2020, 10:18 PM

Default Still looking for a hunting partner

I am still looking for a hunting partner. I have found a area in 506 about a hour and half from edmonton.We also have permission from a farmer to hunt all of his land,which is also surrounded by crown land as well.I have set up 4 trail cams and a blind in a area traveled by deer i have also have permission from the farmer to shoot coyote's which there is lots If interested drop me a line . the only problem is you will need a quad because the hunting are is really a large area.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:09 PM

Looking for a partner for 402 elk next weekend, sept 4-7. I have 0 experience bow hunting, but have been to the area a few times and have a few spots in mind. I badically just dont want to be out there alone just in case something bad happens. If you are in the same boat, or you dont mind someone tagging along with your group, id appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2020, 11:16 PM

Thumbs up Hunting partner

i

Last edited by Dami; 08-31-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:45 AM

Hi,

I am a 28 year old biologist in the Edmonton area. Looking to make some friends who enjoy hunting big game. It is my second year living in Alberta though I have experience hunting a variety of big game animals. Shoot me a message if your interested in getting out

Luc
Old 09-03-2020, 11:05 AM

Hey all,

I just moved to Calgary near the end of last season and was only able to get out once to Frank Lake, but scored a lone duck.

Only a few very short seasons under my belt back home in Ontario so still fairly new to hunting and would be happy to get out after just about anything, although really keen to get into some waterfowl!

Happy to bring the coffee/other beverages and consider myself quite fit so happy to carry the heavier loads depending on what we get out after.

If anyone is wanting to get out just hit me up, free just about every weekend!
Old 09-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Afternoon, looking for someone that wants to come out and try to find some elk next week and on. Plan on heading west of Edmonton, first time hunting elk and with a bow. Hunted white tail with rifle for a few years. Very experienced or no experience welcome. Shoot me a pm.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Still looking for a hunting partner?
Old 09-09-2020, 05:52 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner

yes i am still looking for a hunting partner tell us a little bit about your self
Old 09-10-2020, 11:14 PM

Who’s hunting moose in WMU # 524 this fall?
Looking to find another moose hunter interested in trekking up there with us
Old 09-17-2020, 04:43 PM

Default Need a Hunting Partner

Hey guys,
First time bow hunter here looking for someone to go out with in the general south Alberta region but happy to come up north as well.

I don't really drink and aim to do everything as ethical as possibly.
Experienced butcher and sausage maker.

Very open schedule as I set my own work schedule
Old 09-18-2020, 05:57 PM

Hello

I’m looking to get out with someone and learn some basic hunting skills. I’m personally only interested in shooting upland birds at this time but I would love to go with anyone doing any type of hunting to learn as much as possible. Willing to pay for gas and anything else I can do to help. Hell even if another newbie wants to get out together, let’s do it!

Give me a shout either by private message or email.

Kody_clarke83@hotmail.com

Thanks
Kody

Last edited by GoAvalancheGo; 09-18-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:43 PM

Looking for a hunting partner to learn waterfowling. Lakeland area.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:08 PM

Default Hunting buddy

Hey guys
I’m a pretty novice 31 year old hunter looking for a partner for the season. This will be my 4th season, second in Alberta, going for deer. Hoping to get at some white tail mostly, potentially a bear or an elk but not too sure where to start on the elk front. Im eager to get out as much as possible but will be mostly limited to weekend or extended weekend trips with a baby son at home. Live in Edmonton and happy to head wherever, have some experience south of Edson and north of Hinton. I’ve got a rifle and other gear needed as well as a truck and a Jeep to get around and of course some boots to get in there. I’d love to get out with somebody with some experience as I have no friends or family with any hunting experience but am more than happy to head out and learn with another newer hunter.
Cheers
Kyle
Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 PM

Default Who's looking for a Hunting Partner ???

Who’s looking for an adventure this weekend.
I was planning a hunt in WMU 410 for this weekend. My hunting partner had problems with his business partner and can no longer come he has to stay and work. I would push the hunt to a different weekend but I also made arrangements to pick up Farm equipment in Rocky Mountain house on Friday . Coming from lac la Biche I could kill two birds with one stone it would save me from doing two trips . My main goal is to look for mule deer but I have other tags. I am equipped to sleep on the hill in the truck or in a hotel I don’t care I’ll do what it takes. If anybody’s interested PM me and I’ll give you my phone number will get in touch as soon as possible
Old 10-06-2020, 07:32 AM

Default late to the party but looking for a hunting buddy

Originally from the US, some light hunting experience in rural PA, but most of my real hunting experience was shooting 'roos in Australia off the back of a modified Toyota Hilux.

Late to the season but keen to go for waterfowl. Also willing to give deer or bear a go.

Currently in Edmonton, but have in-laws around Whitecourt and Drayton Valley, would love to explore around the western (300s) WMUs.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Looking for some people around lacombe /ponoka to team up with and get some more experience,

Have all my own gear , like to get in away from the roads and hike.

Relatively new to hunting (3 seasons) but always willing to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2020, 03:42 PM

Thumbs up Looking for a hunting partner!

Hi folks, planning to go for elk hunting during October(second year) and whitetail in November! Looking for a partner and we can help each other to fill our tags !
I’m willing to travel any where in Alberta for elk hunting .
Any body like to join and build a good team ! Please email me

Jawad.chalan@yahoo.ca
Old 10-14-2020, 12:07 PM

Looking for someone to hunt with me I own my own land and cabins up in the Valley View area, I will be more or less hunting Whitetail but there's elk in the area , looking for someone that can hunt during the week as I will be up there from October 29th to November 7th nonsmoker more or less need a quad this could lead to other hunts as most of my friends only can come up on weekends and I prefer not to hunt on weekends ,as I have two weeks on 2 weeks off been hunting this area for 12 years we usually kill an elk every year haven't hunt it at all this year looking for someone younger than me that could help me get my elk out LOL. Anyway as for this year I'm only looking for someone for those dates if you can't make it then don't call ,Randy 780-777-5581

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
looking for someone to hunt with me i own my own land and cabins up in the valley view area, i will be more or less hunting whitetail but there's elk in the area , looking for someone that can hunt during the week as i will be up there from october 29th to november 7th nonsmoker more or less need a quad this could lead to other hunts as most of my friends only can come up on weekends and i prefer not to hunt on weekends ,as i have two weeks on 2 weeks off been hunting this area for 12 years we usually kill an elk every year haven't hunt it at all this year looking for someone younger than me that could help me get my elk out lol. Anyway as for this year i'm only looking for someone for those dates if you can't make it then don't call ,randy 780-777-5581

sent from my sm-g930w8 using tapatalk
found some guys thanks
Old 10-29-2020, 03:31 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljpall View Post
I am still looking for a hunting partner. I have found a area in 506 about a hour and half from edmonton.We also have permission from a farmer to hunt all of his land,which is also surrounded by crown land as well.I have set up 4 trail cams and a blind in a area traveled by deer i have also have permission from the farmer to shoot coyote's which there is lots If interested drop me a line . the only problem is you will need a quad because the hunting are is really a large area.
Hi,
My name is Rob.
Been hunting for quite awhile now. My hunting buddies are not hunting anymore. (wives wont let them bring game home or cook deer/moose).
Been hunting solo for the past 4 years and I'm looking to find a hunting partner or two to enjoy the outing.
I don't have a quad but would welcome the opportunity to get out sometime.
Let me know if your interested. Thanks
Old 10-29-2020, 03:59 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHole View Post
Hey guys
I’m a pretty novice 31 year old hunter looking for a partner for the season. This will be my 4th season, second in Alberta, going for deer. Hoping to get at some white tail mostly, potentially a bear or an elk but not too sure where to start on the elk front. Im eager to get out as much as possible but will be mostly limited to weekend or extended weekend trips with a baby son at home. Live in Edmonton and happy to head wherever, have some experience south of Edson and north of Hinton. I’ve got a rifle and other gear needed as well as a truck and a Jeep to get around and of course some boots to get in there. I’d love to get out with somebody with some experience as I have no friends or family with any hunting experience but am more than happy to head out and learn with another newer hunter.
Cheers
Kyle
Kyle
Are you still looking for a hunting partner, if so give me a shout, I'm in the same spot as you as my buds don't hunt anymore and I've been going solo for the last 4 years. Want to make some new hunting friendships.
Reach out if your interested.

Rob K.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:19 AM

I am relocating to Alberta and looking if there is anyone still interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljpall View Post
My name is Jorge, I'm looking for a hunting partner. If you're still looking let me know.

I grew up hunting in Africa from the age of 8yrs. I'm now 49. Live in Edmonton.
Been in Edmonton 7yrs now, and this is my 1st season hunting.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:17 PM

New hunter to AB, Edmonton area, looking for some hunting buddies that can show me around. Particularly interested in starting off with hunting rabbits.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Looking for someone to hunt with me I own my own land and cabins up in the Valley View area, I will be more or less hunting Whitetail but there's elk in the area , looking for someone that can hunt during the week as I will be up there from October 29th to November 7th nonsmoker more or less need a quad this could lead to other hunts as most of my friends only can come up on weekends and I prefer not to hunt on weekends ,as I have two weeks on 2 weeks off been hunting this area for 12 years we usually kill an elk every year haven't hunt it at all this year looking for someone younger than me that could help me get my elk out LOL. Anyway as for this year I'm only looking for someone for those dates if you can't make it then don't call ,Randy 780-777-5581

This was an awesome offer. How did the hunt go?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2020, 12:04 PM

Default YYC Huntress

New to Calgary/Alberta outdoors scene, looking for friends and hunting buddies. Figuring out the restrictions landscape, learning the good and bad spots. Always happy to pick up knowledge from those able to share.

Experienced shooter with military background and combat exposure. Private pilot, enterprise architect, next-door mom, riding a stick shift Mustang GT. Tall, mobile, fit, assertive, INTJ. Grew up between a farm and a city, comfortable in the wilderness since childhood.

Please note: I am a meritocratic libertarian with strong values, expressing myself quite candidly. Those of leftist/liberal/globalist inclinations would have trouble with that.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:29 AM

Default Sheep camp

Experienced hunter here looking for another experienced hunter to start a sheep camp with, next general rifle season. I'm 33, live in Cochrane, and spend most of my spare time in the bush doing various hunting or fishing activities.
I've knocked down my share of big game in this province and I'd like to add a trophy ram to that list.

If you're of the same interests and experience, shoot me a PM. I'm going to start planning for this hunt right after the holidays. Please don't respond if:

-You've never taken a big game animal
-You can't commit to weekend scouting trips
-You don't want to share equipment/costs
-You like to complain about being cold, or how far the hike is
-Drinking or smoking weed is more important than hunting(I'm fine with either, but in moderation, and not during legal shooting light)
Old 01-17-2021, 04:49 PM

Default Shout out from calgary

Hey 38 year old here . Been hunting for 6 years now looking to expand to having a bit of a group to go with . I usually hunt for a week camped out by Caroline tent a wood stove . Wife doesn't like me going alone ,humph I'm posting real early I know but would like to get to know a person before hunting with them , safety thing I guess , pm back if ya like
Old 01-31-2021, 09:35 AM

I've been on this form Lots since it started You should be able to get an idea who I am, Anyway I own a hundred and fifty acres in Prime elk bear deer Moose Country within an hour of Grand Prairie My son is having a child this year so his plan to have drastically changed I'm looking for one or two People, Are a couple In their 30s That have basic hunting skills I'm looking for someone within an hour of my cabin that can come out and help me do chores as far as getting firewood, setting stands, I have access to lots of Private land Have over a dozen stands up all over my area and know lots of other areas as I was a guide up there for five years with A great Outfitter I'm looking for someone that can get away and help me from the time snow leaves until bow season starts I don't bow hunt anymore but I'm a pretty good caller still and I'm into videoing, I'm not looking for anyone that smokes cigarettes but what you do after the hunting hours is up to you To a reason I have two guests cabins that are totally self-sufficient I do spend approximately 50 to 100 days a year up there Mostly by myself As my Hunting Buddies only come up mostly during the hunting season. I need people to help me get everything ready and in return I will Give you the best chance to kill an elk Or a bear or a moose The Whitetail I don't let anyone hunt if they're staying at my camp, You will definitely need a quad ARA side by side Anyway I'm going to spend the next few months looking for a couple people That are willing to trade some work for A great experience I'm very very picky who I bring up to my place as like anyone knows I have spent years cultivating the spots and I just don't hunt them much by myself anymore Anyway you can check my pictures out on Alberta outdoorsmen I am not on here too much anymore so you can p.m. me if interested thanks Randy.