Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
But why is it that people are fined for violating the covid protocols while taking their children to a park, while thousands, including the PM violate the covid protocol as they protest, and are not held accountable?
I will bite. People are not treated equally because the majority of people do not want equality. People may think or say they believe in equality, but their own actions usually show that not to be true.

Does that answer the gist of your question?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I will bite. People are not treated equally because the majority of people do not want equality. People may think or say they believe in equality, but their own actions usually show that not to be true.

Does that answer the gist of your question?
More like it all comes down to politics, fining one family can be twisted to make it appear that they are protecting the citizens, and that can buy them votes. On the other hand fining thousands of protestors including the PM would offend more people, and cost them votes.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
More like it all comes down to politics, fining one family can be twisted to make it appear that they are protecting the citizens, and that can buy them votes. On the other hand fining thousands of protestors including the PM would offend more people, and cost them votes.
I would agree with that in your example. However, if people did truly believe in equality, would the people be so easily deceived and manipulated?

Politics more often than not gets in the way of positive decision making and good governance. Be it Government, business, social interaction, etc.. Back to the old saying "There are no solutions, only consequences".

Now I have think about politics, equality, and how they relate. That should make for an interesting afternoon ... (my brain ... ).

Disagreement often comes down to poor definition of subject.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I would agree with that in your example. However, if people did truly believe in equality, would the people be so easily deceived and manipulated?

Politics more often than not gets in the way of positive decision making and good governance. Be it Government, business, social interaction, etc.. Back to the old saying "There are no solutions, only consequences".

Now I have think about politics, equality, and how they relate. That should make for an interesting afternoon ... (my brain ... ).

Disagreement often comes down to poor definition of subject.
Equality is also an excuse that is used far too often, be it equity by race , religion, sexual preference, or even by occupation. Some people will claim that they are being discriminated against because of their race, then when they are arrested and convicted of a crime, they ask for a reduced sentence because of their race. Some people protest the police, and throw rocks and bottles that injure the police, then they claim excessive force when they are arrested. And then when they get themselves in trouble, they call the same police that they were protesting to come and protect them.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Equality is also an excuse that is used far too often, be it equity by race , religion, sexual preference, or even by occupation. Some people will claim that they are being discriminated against because of their race, then when they are arrested and convicted of a crime, they ask for a reduced sentence because of their race. Some people protest the police, and throw rocks and bottles that injure the police, then they claim excessive force when they are arrested. And then when they get themselves in trouble, they call the same police that they were protesting to come and protect them.
What does it mean when the word "excuse" is associated to a "term" (in this case 'equality"? By nature of the word "excuse", I think it shows a weaponizing/predjudizing of the "term" for ones personal gain when their desired outcome is not achieved.

Having someone claim their desired result was denied due to "lack of equality" when it was really the result of other factor(s) does a disservice to the word "equality". It weakens the word for everyone who does experience true equality issues.

Language is extremely important. We have a big problem right now with groups redefining language to suit their agenda. One only look at our own community as anti hunting groups try to associate the term "hunter" with "bambi killer or animal murderer". It is vital that people be called out when using language as an excuse for their own actions.

Internment camps... good? bad? both? I think it comes down to perspective. The difficulty is perspective changes... as it should.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
What does it mean when the word "excuse" is associated to a "term" (in this case 'equality"? By nature of the word "excuse", I think it shows a weaponizing/predjudizing of the "term" for ones personal gain when their desired outcome is not achieved.

Having someone claim their desired result was denied due to "lack of equality" when it was really the result of other factor(s) does a disservice to the word "equality". It weakens the word for everyone who does experience true equality issues.

Language is extremely important. We have a big problem right now with groups redefining language to suit their agenda. One only look at our own community as anti hunting groups try to associate the term "hunter" with "bambi killer or animal murderer". It is vital that people be called out when using language as an excuse for their own actions.

Internment camps... good? bad? both? I think it comes down to perspective. The difficulty is perspective changes... as it should.
You are correct, the word equality is so overused these days, it means far less than it used to. People claim that they weren't treated as equals because they didn't get special treatment. The simple fact that they want special treatment shows that they really don't want equality.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I take it with grain of salt. Better not be happening. However I don’t trust Liberals, or Trudeau. That trust is gone. When Trust is gone, you have nothing.
This Bill was passed in April:

Alberta government to repeal Bill 10 in spring | Edmonton Journal

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...oval-in-spring
Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 PM

They wont put dangerous criminals in jail, I cant see this happening unless shiny pony figures it will guarantee much more time in the big chair.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 AM

https://factcheck.afp.com/misleading...-19-conspiracy
Old 10-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Don't Trust fact checking sites.....
Debunk...Debunk...Debunk...

https://youtu.be/Y9sgL89i664
Old 10-19-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Love it! Good video. Social media is out of control...The corruption runs deep in our world today..It is sad to see so many fooled.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I don't usually fact check, but this one had it laid out in pretty logical and simple terms. I'm not too coerced/swayed by social media "Youtube" included (especially Youtube). If the boogeyman was going to come for me, it likely would have happened already. In the 50+ years that I have been alive there have been too many conspiracy theories to count, and I've yet to see any come to fruition with any grain of proof. I won't start hiding in the closet, under my bed, in my bunker or remote cabin anytime soon. Way too many things to do in life than dwell on the "what if's and what could be", let alone listen to people whose entire life is dedicated to their Youtube channel. Youtuber's are Youtuber's for one reason and one reason only, to make money, not to save anyone or the world from impending doom. It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum they sway towards, they're all modern day charlatans trying to stuff their respective pockets with as much advertising money as they can.