Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2020, 09:09 PM

Default When will everyone start wearing slightly thicker socks?

As the question states. Colder weather coming in.

If you dont get this you didn't read the Christmas lights thread
Old 10-18-2020, 09:13 PM

plugging my in soon to keep the feet warm in the snow belt, rechargeable batteries love them in the cold.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:15 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I just switch over to the winter croc's......

Nice thread.....what's next?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-18-2020, 09:33 PM

I switched to Merino wool socks a few years ago, my feet stay warm and dry, and can wear shoes instead of boots until it gets below -20.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 PM

Wigwam heavy merino wool socks. It's all I wear year round.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:27 PM

I wear wool socks pretty much year round.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:30 PM

Waiting for pikeman06 to chime in .... is this another contest, do we win a prize ?

D.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I just switch over to the winter croc's......

Nice thread.....what's next?

Long underwear?
Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM

I generally switch over around this time of year to a slightly higher thread count however this year I'm considering holding out maybe a week or two longer. My neighbour says he already changed his socks to a thicker type....albeit a slightly thicker type not the real thick ones but I don't believe him he has lied to me before. With any luck my old lady will find the match to one of my favorite socks. That other sock went missing almost a year ago now and I really liked that sock so I'm praying that maybe someday that it will show up again and make an appearance. I was at Marks the other day and they had a good variety of socks in stock but I just couldn't make up mind so I had to leave and go home for a couple days to think about if I really needed the slightly thicker sock then I had a nap and when I got up I made a nice sandwich. After that I washed my hands and sat down on the couch and just kinda stared at the wall and started to think about when to put up.m6 Christmas lights. I'm not sure why I suddenly thought about Xmas lights in the middle of October but I did and I went over to my neighbour's and asked him but he wasn't home so I asked his wife and she figured maybe in November or December but she didn't seem to care really, so I started phoning people and asking them but it really felt like they didn't really care about when I should put up.my xmas lights most of them figured the best time to put the lights up was some time between now and Christmas but I don't think they cared.... They just asked why I was asking them about when to put up Xmas lights in the middle of October, I can't understand some people and why they seemed to just shrug it off it was almost like they thought it wasn't worthy of discussing on the phone or even on an outdoors forum for that matter....especially in the middke of october. Go figure! I guess some people just don't get it.....I'm thinking of posting a picture of my missing sock on this forum and maybe start a thread on it, but I think ill just keep staring at the wall till I decide when to.put up.my xmas lights.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
I generally switch over around this time of year to a slightly higher thread count however this year I'm considering holding out maybe a week or two longer. My neighbour says he already changed his socks to a thicker type....albeit a slightly thicker type not the real thick ones but I don't believe him he has lied to me before. With any luck my old lady will find the match to one of my favorite socks. That other sock went missing almost a year ago now and I really liked that sock so I'm praying that maybe someday that it will show up again and make an appearance. I was at Marks the other day and they had a good variety of socks in stock but I just couldn't make up mind so I had to leave and go home for a couple days to think about if I really needed the slightly thicker sock then I had a nap and when I got up I made a nice sandwich. After that I washed my hands and sat down on the couch and just kinda stared at the wall and started to think about when to put up.m6 Christmas lights. I'm not sure why I suddenly thought about Xmas lights in the middle of October but I did and I went over to my neighbour's and asked him but he wasn't home so I asked his wife and she figured maybe in November or December but she didn't seem to care really, so I started phoning people and asking them but it really felt like they didn't really care about when I should put up.my xmas lights most of them figured the best time to put the lights up was some time between now and Christmas but I don't think they cared.... They just asked why I was asking them about when to put up Xmas lights in the middle of October, I can't understand some people and why they seemed to just shrug it off it was almost like they thought it wasn't worthy of discussing on the phone or even on an outdoors forum for that matter....especially in the middke of october. Go figure! I guess some people just don't get it.....I'm thinking of posting a picture of my missing sock on this forum and maybe start a thread on it, but I think ill just keep staring at the wall till I decide when to.put up.my xmas lights.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-19-2020, 08:36 AM

When the temp is in the minus the long johns and heavy socks are on, should come off about April the older I get the less I can stand the cold.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:41 AM

Long Johns after yesterday.

Grizz
Old 10-19-2020, 08:47 AM

I started wearing socks again this week...
Old 10-19-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post

pikeman06 .... should win the prize, well done.

Old 10-19-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
pikeman06 .... should win the prize, well done.

Agreed! Threadwinner, for sure.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:08 PM

You guys are lucky you can choose whatever thickness of sock you want.
My sister is so afraid of heights - if she’s wearing thick socks when she steps on a shag rug she gets dizzy and falls to the floor!
Old 10-19-2020, 12:22 PM

I've got LL Bean Merino wool Boot Socks, Man are they comfortable they are Heavy Cushioned, I wear em year round