Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-19-2022, 06:05 PM

Default Hornady CX

Noticed a bunch of these in stock. Usually shoot Barnes Vortx but was wondering how these perform? The specs say 130 Grain CX 1” flatter shooting to 500 vs Barnes 130 Grain. I love Barnes performance but they are hard to find
Old 06-19-2022, 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=ganderblaster;4533043]Noticed a bunch of these in stock. Usually shoot Barnes Vortx but was wondering how these perform? The specs say 130 Grain CX 1” flatter shooting to 500 vs Barnes 130 Grain. I love Barnes performance but they are hard to find[/QUOTE

Buy em buddy. You are hunting not target shooting! They will work great is my guess.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Noticed a bunch of these in stock. Usually shoot Barnes Vortx but was wondering how these perform? The specs say 130 Grain CX 1” flatter shooting to 500 vs Barnes 130 Grain. I love Barnes performance but they are hard to find

You're looking for just bullets or factory ammo gb? Cabelas west Edm had pretty decent inventory of Barnes bullets when I was there last Thursday. 130gr in .277 is what you need?

I don't live very far away from that Cabelas and could probably grab somd fof you if still on the shelf. P&D usually has pretty good Barnes bullet inventory too.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You're looking for just bullets or factory ammo gb? Cabelas west Edm had pretty decent inventory of Barnes bullets when I was there last Thursday. 130gr in .277 is what you need?

I don't live very far away from that Cabelas and could probably grab somd fof you if still on the shelf. P&D usually has pretty good Barnes bullet inventory too.
I don’t reload and have had great luck with factory ammo as I keep most of my shots within 200 yards so
Factory loaded, I have a decent stash of Barnes but the way things are going I’m
Looking for options too I’d we have another run like the last bit.

Thanks a lot for the offer though it’s much appreciated!
Old 06-19-2022, 08:04 PM
Banned

Don’t trust the boxes for the trajectories or velocities
Old 06-19-2022, 08:45 PM

I bought a couple boxes of 150gr 7mm rem mag. Got out to shoot them today to see how they’d group. They were aweful, and this is in a rifle that’s generally not that picky. Going to give the barrel a good clean and give them another go one evening here again. As far as bullet performance, there isn’t a lot of reviews out there yet.