Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Banned

This story if for real ? sure sucks ! Sounds like the guy had a list someone wanted him to shop for! You would do everyone a favor by naming this scum , the hunting fraternity is a small world !
Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
The fear of being publicly called out is the only card the OP has to play, once he outs the guy the damage is done and very little incentive exists for this guy to return anything or for the guys Dad to enable and bail out his son.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Exactly if I plaster him all over the web not only is it going to make me like an
A hole but it will give him no reason to return anything he will just say F-it and keep the stuff until I spend a bunch of money and sue him. Some of you seem to have the idea that I don’t really know this guy but I lived with him for nearly two years hunted and fished regularly. We have drifted apart and I guess I don’t know him well anymore. From the story I am getting from his dad is he had eveything a guy could ever want and now he has crashed and burned the bottom of the bottom. Yes the ****ed off redneck in me wants to roast him but if I ever was to fall off the band wagon and hit the bottom the last thing I would want is having to look over my shoulder because everyone wants to spit on me. If the guy would have asked for help I could have done something but he didn’t ask for help he just violated the last bit of friendship we had left. I see people every day at work at the bottom of the barrel worst day of there life and I am payed to be professional and try do what I can to help. So when it’s a friend it’s happening to it sucks even more.

His dad is trying to make this right he has the crono and rangefinder packed up along with a back draft for the nightforce for full replacement value it should be delivered Tuesday next week.

The guys on here that don’t believe this story well I ain’t got time for you. You obviously have never made a mistake in your life. Must be nice “wankers”
Or the guys that want you to believe this is fake recently got a great deal on a nightforce and don’t want to loose it.

Last edited by raw outdoors; 03-14-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
Some of you seem to have the idea that I don’t really know this guy but I lived with him for nearly two years hunted and fished regularly. We have drifted apart and I guess I don’t know him well anymore. From the story I am getting from his dad is he had eveything a guy could ever want and now he has crashed and burned the bottom of the bottom. Yes the ****ed off redneck in me wants to roast him but if I ever was to fall off the band wagon and hit the bottom the last thing I would want is having to look over my shoulder because everyone wants to spit on me. If the guy would have asked for help I could have done something but he didn’t ask for help he just violated the last bit of friendship we had left. I see people every day at work at the bottom of the barrel worst day of there life and I am payed to be professional and try do what I can to help. So when it’s a friend it’s happening to it sucks even more.
Showing empathy for this fella is pretty impressive and makes me think you guys must have had a pretty solid friendship back in the day.

Hope it goes well!

Old 03-14-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
Showing empathy for this fella is pretty impressive and makes me think you guys must have had a pretty solid friendship back in the day.

Hope it goes well!

That's the way I see it as well. I admire your reasoning and your loyalty.
Cut your losses and move on. You'll be a better man for it.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:50 PM
Banned

crappy deal. If you file a small claims law suit you can stop in at the registry. With first and last name and rough age theyll get you the address on his drivers license.

Any registry in alberta can do this. I cant recall if your small claims already needs to be filed... Ive used small claims before. Had to track down 2 randoms which ended up being very easy.

You can probably get this info by saying you plan to sue.

Last edited by R3illy; 03-14-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:02 AM

You sir, are taking a very high road and I applaud you for that. Your buddy's parents should not be dragged into this either as I can guarantee you that they are suffering as well. Outing him would cause them more grief than they probably already have and you know they are trying to make good. Hopefully your buddy gets back to where his parents can be proud of him again. Valuable lessons can be learned when life goes off the rails.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Bad deal for you and I'm sure a valuable lesson learned.
But I can assure this POS that did this to you, he is very lucky that it was you he done this too and not me or some other folks I know, it would have been a much different outcome. I hope he thanks you for being as understanding as you have been.
If this POS is reading this, let this be a huge wake up call for you because not many people would have acted the way your FRIEND did when you pulled this CRAP...
Here's that chance in your life to Wake the Hell Up and start making some better life choices because the next time you pull this Stunt, there is a good chance it doesn't end so well for you...