Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 09:17 AM

Default Blue Book of Gun Values by Steven P. Fjestad

A few questions.

Does the pricing in the Blue Book of Gun Values have any relevance in the Canadian market after the exchange rate is adjusted to Canadian dollars?

I believe the market in Canada is more limited due to a larger number of guns being available in the USA. Does that also affect gun value price in Canada?

Is the online subscription a better value than the printed versions?
Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Comparing what used firearms go for in the US and in Canada, it's not just a matter of converting currency. It's about supply and demand, and some firearms that are easier to find in the USA, are quite a bit cheaper. Other firearms that are in very high demand in the US, don't bring as much in Canada. I have imported a few higher end firearms from the USA, paid exchange, duty, shipping, and brokerage fees, and I still saved money over purchasing them in Canada. For US values, I compare prices on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, and Guns International. For Canadian values, I check out Gunnutz.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:55 AM

Default Blue Book

I signed up for the on line version. It gives a quick idea of what your gun may be worth. I agree with elk to also check a number of Internet sources. I also check the big US auction sites that have excellent pics and descriptions.
High end big dollar guns in Canada rarely get what they would in the US. Conversely, if you are looking for a high end gun you may have to go to the US to get it and import it as Elk has done