Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM

Default Bow sight

Anyone have the garmin sight on there bow if so how do you like it.
Tell me good and bad
Old 11-23-2019, 07:58 PM

From what I read on Archery Talk the guys that have them, love the sight. No issues in cold weather and the tech support is excellent and updates are readily available online.

Downside would be the price tag, but amazon.ca has both models on sale for $200 off the original price.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:10 AM

I've been in love with Garmin products for more than 20 years, since I bought the first handheld GPS for work. Since then, for my own personal GPS needs (and now personal fitness tracker needs) I've only used Garmin.

When I saw that they were venturing into the archery sight market, I got excited about that too! But at the cost nearing (or above) of a new bow, I can't justify it.

I'm still very interested, but I'll wait a year or two until they either come down in price, or people start selling off used ones. Until then, I'd rather put my cash into a new carbon bow.

J.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:46 PM

A friend of mine has one, definitely cool technology
However, he did have it lock up on him a couple times in our hunt this year. That left him with only 1 set yardage pin, so not unusable but definitely a handicap.He was able to reset it at camp, but his settings were all off after that and it took a while to get it recalibrated. I think it's a great idea, maybe needs a little fine tuning yet.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:55 AM

I have one and in general I like it. I spend lot of time in my yard shooting and enjoy shooting long range. I don’t enjoy shooting the garmin sight in the yard as much as my 3 pin slider. I like trying to shoot groups from long range and I can’t go past 100 with the sight and it just not as accurate as my .01 pins. I think it a very big advantage being able to range and shoot at full draw and reducing all that movement. Only other thing of note is that the bubble level is below the sight housing. So when you have your peep eclipse the sight housing it is hard to see the bubble. I am sure future models they will move the bubble up into the housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk