Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 07:55 AM

Default Point Blank Buck

Area 212,presents many challenges,for the bow hunter.1st off you have to get permission from farmers,who have many requests.Deer are well hunted and very allert.The last snow I saw some good tracks,in a small area of brush and trees.Yesterday with a good breeze in the face,I was slowly walking the edge,with an arrow notched.Then not more than 25 or 30 ft a good size buck.At full draw,there was a small bunch of twigs in the way of the kill zone.He slowly turned and we were eye to eye,He snorted, and bolted---Darn-such is the life of the bow hunter.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM

I guess just like Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 would say..."missed it by that much"
Maybe next time the firing lane will be open for you...good luck on your season!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 10-16-2019, 03:18 PM

Default Missed it by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I guess just like Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 would say..."missed it by that much"
Maybe next time the firing lane will be open for you...good luck on your season!
Zip
Yes ,thats the truth--I never walked up an abuck that close before--Didnt want to risk a wounding, with a deflected arrow--Saw some does in the area,good scrapes.The answer of course,Tree stand time--Let those does walk by--Lover boy--he will be back.