Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM

Anyone see the last mantracker ????
Old 06-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
It would help your credibility if you actually read and responded to their whole comment, instead of picking out the insignificant parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO View Post
Maybe you should read before you spout. Grey lynx had asked a question in which I quoted him and I was directing the answer to him. I was not telling you where to go or what to spend but stating facts.
Sorry guys, this was the part that i was refering to....

Quote:
. So instead of some people whinning so much about the antelope situation just do some research and book a hunt in the US. If you can not afford that you can not afford to hunt them here either..
Sorry again about the apparent lost credibility and the spouting on the insignificant parts. Cheers
Old 06-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Has any one tried to go with a Alberta outfitter good luck they seem not to wa.t resident s an they seem to think cause their in a area they give resident hunters flak time for changes
Old 06-21-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
You should really become more familiar with the AFGA....you are missing a lot of the battles they are fighting and opportunities they are trying to create.
I agree.

Without picking on anybody here, I think most people, unfortunately, think that "they" are in charge and when things go wrong - and this Bighorn permits story is most certainly wrong - then it is "they" who must have dropped the ball.

Almost none of that crowd will have read the Wildlife Act or Regs or taken time to write a single letter to their MLA or to any Minister, nor will they ever donate .05 to a politician, no matter what he or she stands for. Why? Because it is up to "them".

It is a mindset that requires someone to blame and, since they themselves did nothing, the blame cannot be theirs. It belongs to "them".

If you really care - DO something. But if you only pretend to care - carry on.

Sorry if anybody was offended, but that's the bald truth the way I see it.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
A good example is the antelope situation. Even if there were no outfitter allocations we would still be a 8 year looking like it will be growing to a 10-15 year wait before being drawn. When you have 27000 applicants a extra 20-25 tags is not going to make a difference.
It could make a huge difference to those 20-25 people per year, if those people were residents that drew tags instead of having to wait for another year. More importantly, it is a matter of principle, that being that if resident tags are cut back by over 90%, for the good of the game population, why don't the non residents do their part, by having their tags cut back by 90%? Why should the Alberta residents take the hit, while the non residents continue on, business as usual?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Wow. have been watching this thread for a while and I see there sure are allot of soap boxes still kicking around out there. That being said there are a few good ideas being brought up as well.

Thought I would throw this out there for discussion purposes.

Many on here are sure dumping on the outfitters once again but has anyone stopped to think about how many of those allocations don't even get used every year? Just because there may be a certain number of allocations in a zone for a given year I can assure you there are many that are never used. In all your arguing about who is right or wrong have you all ever taken the time to factor those numbers into the equation.

Just because a zone has 10 Antelope Allocations (example) it does not mean 10 hunts are sold every year.

Just food for thought. Let the bashing commence!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I agree.

Without picking on anybody here, I think most people, unfortunately, think that "they" are in charge and when things go wrong - and this Bighorn permits story is most certainly wrong - then it is "they" who must have dropped the ball.

Almost none of that crowd will have read the Wildlife Act or Regs or taken time to write a single letter to their MLA or to any Minister, nor will they ever donate .05 to a politician, no matter what he or she stands for. Why? Because it is up to "them".

It is a mindset that requires someone to blame and, since they themselves did nothing, the blame cannot be theirs. It belongs to "them".

If you really care - DO something. But if you only pretend to care - carry on.

Sorry if anybody was offended, but that's the bald truth the way I see it.
Rocky, you and I get into more than a few p!ssing matches, but I am in complete agreement with this post.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Where is bear at 30%? Do not mean to offend you but that is a joke. The last time I looked at the regs there was no limit on the number of resident bear hunters in any particular unit. The only way I could see that you came up with that number is if you were comparing the number of non-resident bear licenses sold compared to resident. If no residents bought a bear license it would be 100%. If every resident that buys a whitetail license bought a bear license it would be 2%.
The 30% is a long standing number based on the fact that resident hunters just do not buy tags in sufficient quantity to be impacted. I believe it goes back to the first allocation negotiations.

Quote:
As far as moose are concerned along with elk I did state that there are other species as well. I know that our allocations are based on SMU's but most would be asking what that was. I know that skews the 5% if you base it on SMU's but I am glad you brought it up as it helps to clarify why some WMU's have more than 10%. If you take a SMU and it has a 13%, 4%, 3%, 7%, 5%, 4%, 8%, 5%, 2% add them together and divide by number of WMU's it will average 5.78%. This would explain why as I stated earlier that in a couple of SMU's that this number has grown to be above 10% and that we are in negotiations involving SRD involving a large number of mule deer tags. The funny thing about it is that I have never heard anyone complain about the particular WMU's involved in that SMU.
So you would be supportive of allocations being based on WMUs rather than SMUs? I agree, most hunters have never heard of SMUs, but the reality is that allocations being based on the SMU can have a significant impact on individual WMUs.

Maybe resident hunters who read this can take this as a learning moment.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Many on here are sure dumping on the outfitters once again but has anyone stopped to think about how many of those allocations don't even get used every year? Just because there may be a certain number of allocations in a zone for a given year I can assure you there are many that are never used. In all your arguing about who is right or wrong have you all ever taken the time to factor those numbers into the equation.

Just because a zone has 10 Antelope Allocations (example) it does not mean 10 hunts are sold every year.
Regardless of how many hunts are sold, those 10 allocations in a particular wmu were still available to be used by non residents, even though the resident tags were cut by 90%. In 2011, in some zones, there were less resident tags drawn, than non resident allocations for that zone , and since Alberta residents can't legally use non resident allocations, the net result, is that in some zones, more non residents had the opportunity to hunt pronghorn than Alberta residents. There is a huge problem when there is more opportunity for non residents to hunt a species in a given zone, than there is opportunity for tax paying Alberta residents.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
Anyone see the last mantracker ????
Yes why do you ask
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin View Post
I'm sure your a real great guy yourself and I'm sure if you give me your real name I could dig up your past.
You are probably the guide that was in charge of Lenz's hunter I kicked off our place two years ago. He had some class unlike you and your leader. He was very appologitec and WAS TOLD BY LENZ HE HAD PERMISSION TO HUNT HERE. NOT!! Maybe you are the guide of his F&W charged last year.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes why do you ask
I heard the poor fellow fell of his horrsie!! LOL
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsmen101 View Post
I heard the poor fellow fell of his horrsie!! LOL
First off that wasn't the last episode
Secondly he was bucked off he didn't fall
Thirdly I have to say you seem to be using this thread to run down an individual you have issues with.

Grow up!! Everyone doesn't get along or have the same opinions of issues but your rants are really immature. We all don't need to hear about your issues with Lenz keep that between yourselves!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are probably the guide that was in charge of Lenz's hunter I kicked off our place two years ago. He had some class unlike you and your leader. He was very appologitec and WAS TOLD BY LENZ HE HAD PERMISSION TO HUNT HERE. NOT!! Maybe you are the guide of his F&W charged last year.
Nope my name is Byron wolf I lived and grew up in Caroline. I haven't guided in a few years if you want to accuse me of something you better have some facts. Now man up tell me who you are.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 AM

i'm sensing some hostility here
Old 06-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Banned

No hostility. It will be interesting to see how the appeal goes.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Nope my name is Byron wolf I lived and grew up in Caroline. I haven't guided in a few years if you want to accuse me of something you better have some facts. Now man up tell me who you are.
It's funny how some seem like throwing other people's names around rather freely, but when it comes to their own it's a secret
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
No hostility. It will be interesting to see how the appeal goes.
No balls hey your to much of a coward to give out your real name. And just for the record none of Chad's guides got charged with anything last year. And I don't believe your story about you kick the hunter off your so called land.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Shouldnt this be closed already ? just turning into a big ol slander against Chad and his Business,and the people that work for him.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Shouldnt this be closed already ? just turning into a big ol slander against Chad and his Business,and the people that work for him.
Yes. I believe you are correct.