Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 AM

Default The Hen House....

So, Ive been a firearms enthusiast for about 30 years, about the time a could stand up and hold a rubber band gun, didn't have nerf guns back in the 80's lol. Anyway, I decided to get married a few months back, after living with her for 5 years, it was now or never. Don't regret it whatsoever, probably the best thought that was implanted in my head..............ever.
She knew I was an avid shooter/reloader and I tried to get her out shooting as often as I could. She liked the 22lr 10/22 but would never shoot a living target, damn near killed us one fine day swerving to miss a gopher on the Hiway, but could hit a pop can at 50yrds every shot, 25 shots in a row. A natural, I thought, and was correct as she does it with a 223 or shot gun shooting skeet.
Anyway, Had her out shooting/hunting grouse last year and I shot almost my quota for the day, for 3 days. Every day I shot 2 or 3 ruff grouse. I told her," she had too clean'm, cause I shot'm, fair is fair after all". Of course, she said, " you shoot it, you F'N clean it". And i bowed my head and cleaned and cooked them all.
Took the entire winter and summer, nudging her to come/ get her hunting licence and got the cold shoulder or the blank stare....... you know the one
As it happens, one of the new girls she hired in March is an avid hunter from Manitoba, and was asking about hunting in AB. And low and behold every girl in the office, including my wife is grilling me on the regs.
Now, All 6 ladies are getting their hunting licence's and RPAL's... ..........just about crapped my pants, all it took was a another female Hunter in the Hen House to show interest and BLAM.
Damn near gave up the man card on this one, I think I'll buy her her first, second and third firearm just cause..........
A 20 gauge A-400 explore(already in the safe) will do for birds, Carl Gustaf 270(already in the safe)with a new stock that fits her for everything else, and a new 10/22 in pink for plinking lol
Season just opened, and yes I will clean the damn birds, even when she shoots them.
What actually goes on in a Hen House? No sane Man wants to know............. In this case I approve 100% lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 AM

Right on, perhaps I need to get my better half spending time with female hunters.

She has similar luck with pop cans and a cooey 64.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Gone Hunting

I did a recon of the ' Hen House and captured it on video. It is truly disgusting and hideous .

BTW AEHIA has a great program for ladies outdoors.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand