Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 10:48 AM

Default face masks

I thought the masks the government handed out in the spring were pretty good
They had a wire in them to form around your nose to stop your glasses from fogging up.
So yesterday I bought a box of 3 ply made in China masks and they have a piece of plastic instead of the wire and they do not form around your nose very well.
So what I am saying is beware of what type of masks you buy
Old 11-24-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I thought the masks the government handed out in the spring were pretty good
They had a wire in them to form around your nose to stop your glasses from fogging up.
So yesterday I bought a box of 3 ply made in China masks and they have a piece of plastic instead of the wire and they do not form around your nose very well.
So what I am saying is beware of what type of masks you buy
Good point , dont buy stuff "made in china"!
Old 11-26-2020, 09:59 AM

Default mask

Best/safe mask is sold by Rexall on line. It was developed in Canada and had a 99% effective rate that killed virus. It protects both the person wearing mask and others. Even better than N95 mask that does not kill virus.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Best/safe mask is sold by Rexall on line. It was developed in Canada and had a 99% effective rate that killed virus. It protects both the person wearing mask and others. Even better than N95 mask that does not kill virus.
How does it kill virus's?
Old 11-26-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Exactly what I would like to know?
Old 11-26-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Soak it in bleach?
Old 11-26-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Especially seeing as a virus is non-living.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
We're being fed a lot of BS, same with sanitizer. Everybody sees an opportunity and it doesn't always work in our favor.

Grizz
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Do you have a link? I can’t find them. Looking to buy some masks.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:44 AM

Check here first if you are using imported KN95

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recal...73137a-eng.php

I found this mask at Hazmasters and its German made https://www.hazmasters.com/products/...v?page=3&q=N95
Old 11-26-2020, 11:10 AM

Exclamation People never gonna learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNoFish View Post
Check here first if you are using imported KN95

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recal...73137a-eng.php

I found this mask at Hazmasters and its German made https://www.hazmasters.com/products/...v?page=3&q=N95
Good link. Not surprised to see a common theme in the list of manufacturers.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-26-2020, 11:06 AM

I use a buff. Pretty much the same as a bandana. Just pull it up when I need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2020, 12:56 PM

The mask idea is good. The masks themselves are garbage. I took one of the disposable blue ones to work with me one day. After sweeping out the shop i blew my nose and the kleenex was full of dirt. If people think these masks or homemade ones are going to stop a .1 micron particle you're fooling yourself. Look at the outbreaks in Calgary and Edmonton and nursing homes across the country.

I do wear a mask wherever i go that requires a mask. It's not hard to put a mask on. Sure they fog up glasses but they do not restrict any airflow.

When the crap actually hits the fan i have 2 half-mask respirators that actually seal around your mouth and nose. I can get cartridges that will actually filter down to .1 micron.

Fyi. Some N95 masks are 95% effective on microns .3 and larger. They will not filter out covid-19. But if someone infected sneezes in your face it's better than nothing.

There are too many people that think a mask will protect me 100%. They become complacent.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:31 PM

Masks are useless. Unless you have a actual seal it’s a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. Haven’t had one on my face ever nor will I. The plandemic is a hoax, haven’t changed a thing about my life over this. Looking forward to this weekend and having some great friends over for a relaxing evening with drinks.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail503 View Post
Masks are useless. Unless you have a actual seal it’s a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. Haven’t had one on my face ever nor will I. The plandemic is a hoax, haven’t changed a thing about my life over this. Looking forward to this weekend and having some great friends over for a relaxing evening with drinks.
Atta go CHAMP !!! Thanks for doing you part
Old 11-26-2020, 08:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Atta go CHAMP !!! Thanks for doing you part
My pleasure Smokey.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:33 PM

So whitetail how are you going to deal with mandate that you will have to wear a mask when going into a business such as a grocery or shopping store.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs down

Quote:
And here is why the rest are having tighter restrictions applied....thx

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-27-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Some people just don't get it and they never will.

Masks are not there to provide 100% protection to the wearer from inhaling the virus.

Masks are there to stop the wearers from spraying their infected mucus and sputum on the rest of us.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Some people just don't get it and they never will.

Masks are not there to provide 100% protection to the wearer from inhaling the virus.

Masks are there to stop the wearers from spraying their infected mucus and sputum on the rest of us.
The problem is that some people's behavior tends to change when they put on a mask. Many of the same people that were very careful about maintaining social distance put on a mask, and then tend to forget all about social distancing, because they have a mask on.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
The problem is that some people's behavior tends to change when they put on a mask. Many of the same people that were very careful about maintaining social distance put on a mask, and then tend to forget all about social distancing, because they have a mask on.
Or they won't wear them properly. I have seen people in the grocery store with the mask only covering their chin, or only on their mouth and not their nose, or pulled up on their nose and not over their mouth. Good grief.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:08 AM
Banned

Those that know me know I pretty much wear a bandana all the time; long before this nonsense came along. The difference is now I put a medical grade mask inside the fold so I have 4-5 layers between my lips and your vicinity. I do this to protect you and I appreciate those that do their part to protect me. Thanks.

The other thing I do is keep my distance. I'm a stand-offish kind of guy so I do this this to protect me. Rather selfish I know but I do my best.

No one is asking for anyone to give up their freedoms- at least with the face coverings- but we are being asked to be good citizens. As a wise fellow once said: "No man is an island entire of himself."

Free
Old 11-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
But yet there are those coming from the hot zones and hunting all over Alberta and not wearing masking while in contact with others while out and about and spreading it. Kinda senseless isn't it?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
But yet there are those coming from the hot zones and hunting all over Alberta and not wearing masking while in contact with others while out and about and spreading it. Kinda senseless isn't it?
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Piles of guys around here from Calgary and Edmonton crawling around here lately.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:41 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
the senseless part is just that people not giving a ratz arse but they will get a eye opener when ticketed...then its the LEO's fault or the provinces or...you get the jest...everyone else's fault but theirs...they leave the hot zones cause they can and no harm done if you go from your house to the area to hunt but who are we kidding they are going to jump in a truck with a buddy they have not seen all week and stop for jerky etc along the way...so a lock down may be in place just to get the covid numbers down.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-30-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
the senseless part is just that people not giving a ratz arse but they will get a eye opener when ticketed...then its the LEO's fault or the provinces or...you get the jest...everyone else's fault but theirs...they leave the hot zones cause they can and no harm done if you go from your house to the area to hunt but who are we kidding they are going to jump in a truck with a buddy they have not seen all week and stop for jerky etc along the way...so a lock down may be in place just to get the covid numbers down.....
They could have done one better and put big fences around the hot spots and kept them contained, then your numbers would have came down big time!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Same thing here. There were more folks from Calgary here last month, then locals.

Every time I'd stop at the convenience store there'd be one or two around.
I talked to quiet a few. Nice guys.

Funny thing too, I never saw one of them with a mask on. Not one.
And they don't seem to be spreading anything around other then money.

With one exception. If one of them attends a party, some folks here have relatives and friends in Calgary and other cities down south, including myself.

But I digress. anyway, it seems that only the infected ones attend parties up here. All of the positive tests here have been the result of a southerner attending a party up here. It's been happening since July.

They also seem to carry a less virulent strain of the virus because no one here has got sick from it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-27-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Atta boy, you da man!
Old 11-27-2020, 10:05 AM
Banned

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...ks/A-p8953655f

These ones are very comfortable , have a filter layer . And fit well
Old 11-27-2020, 12:03 PM

I wear a mask because I do not want to be responseable for your untimely death, I do not believe in them and for all the reasons listed here, but I wear one anyway. If I follow the pack, then I am guilty, but your alive.