Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 04:24 PM

Default Your semiauto are now on the block

Another blow to legal owners

BREAKING - New Massive Long Gun Bans Brought by the Liberal\NDP\Bloc Coalition

Today the Liberal/NDP/Bloc coalition government broke the glass on a typical Liberal distraction tool – gun bans. With Canadians reeling from a failed economy, tripling of taxes looming, 1.5M Canadians using foodbanks, hospitals overwhelmed with sick children who can’t even get Tylenol, Chinese interference in elections and of course a terrible showing at the Public Order Emergency Commission, the Liberals needed the media and Canadians in general talking about something other than their failures.

On behalf of this coalition, the Liberals added a disastrous amendment to Bill C-21 effectively prohibiting several million additional, individual rifles and shotguns. These new prohibitions will include:

SKS
IWI Tavor & X-95
all AR180 and variants
Canuck bullpup shotguns
Crusader Arms
Kel-Tec Sub2000 (and others)
JR Carbine
Kriss Vector
Ruger PC Carbine
GSG 16
GSG 15
Norinco T97 NSR
Benelli MR1
Benelli M4
all B&T models
countless others
This amendment has been put forward by the Liberals and they have the votes to add it to Bill C-21. If Bill C-21 passes, and again they do have the votes, these firearms as well as all formerly prohibited firearms will be enshrined in legislation.

Bill C-21 also now prohibits ALL CENTERFIRE SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearms with removable magazines.

Back in 2020, the Liberals banned over 2000 models and variants of hunting and sporting guns commonly owned and used safely by gun owners across the country. They said gun owners would be compensated for this loss and were welcome to purchase other guns as replacements…now, they’ve come for the rest of them. This is why nobody can trust a word these people say. But hey conspiracy theorists – they’re not “coming for your guns”.

So take notice Canada, yes they are, and it doesn’t matter what they told you yesterday or what they tell you tomorrow.

The CCFR will come forward with a plan and provide more information in the coming days. Please continue to support your organization as we will fight these corrupt political parties (Liberal\NDP\Bloc and of course the Green Party), in every possible way.

Please also watch our website and social media account for more information.

LC
Old 11-22-2022, 04:38 PM

So, does this mean I will be *MORE* of a criminal, in possession of *MORE* prohibited devices?

Huh. And yet I still feel the same.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-22-2022, 04:42 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

No Creep...

Liberals Ban Semi-Automatic Firearms

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

November 22, 2022

OSHAWA, ON–Today, rumours that Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government will ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns are confirmed.

An amendment to Bill C-21, currently before a House of Commons committee, was tabled today that will ban all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns capable of accepting an external magazine.

That Bill C-21, in Clause 1, be amended by adding after line 15 on page 1 the following:

(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

This amendment also contains a huge list of firearms specifically identified by name, including the Simonov SKS and all variants, of which 22 are listed by name.

But the amendments are far worse than that.

Formerly unregulated spare parts, such as barrels and slides, will require a Possession and Acquisition Licence to purchase and possess.

The definition of “Prohibited Firearm” will be legislatively expanded to include any firearm “capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy exceeding 10 000 Joules”, “a firearm with a bore diameter of 20 mm or greater” as well as all semi-automatic long guns with detachable magazines.

Liberals also propose to ban 3D-printed firearms by outlawing possession of “computer data that pertain to a firearm” … “that are capable of being used with a 3D printer, metal milling machine or similar computer system…”

Liberals propose to criminalize the distribution of this “computer data” used by 3D printers and CAD machines.

This is a glimpse into the newly created offences for which the majority of Canada’s 2.2 million licensed firearms owners will now be criminalized, should these amendments to Bill C-21 become law.

More details to come as we dig deeper into this latest Liberal assault on RCMP-vetted, federally-licensed firearms owners.

The criminal possession and use of smuggled handguns, rifles and shotguns will, of course, remain unaffected by any of these measures.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:46 PM

We aren’t living in a proper democracy, we haven’t been for many years.

If the Covid conspiracy to depopulate the planet wasn’t enough… if blatant disregard of our god given rights and freedoms wasn’t enough… and if Canadians can’t see that this is a tyrannical government trying to disarm the people so they can keep forcing communist agendas here in Canada…

When’s it going to be enough? NEVER.

When will everyone come together and simply stop complying to this insanity? Our governments and our courts are all compromised. Our economy has been compromised. The entire system that we all have lived our entire lives in, is now compromised.

Time for everyone to wake up. Because the rest of us who have been awake for far too long are really exhausted with this disgusting and pathetic time in our history.

Hard to believe that this is all real life and that many people support the sitting government.

I think another freedom convoy should get organized and lets let them all know once again that we the people are who the government should fear, not the other way around.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
So, does this mean I will be *MORE* of a criminal, in possession of *MORE* prohibited devices?

Exactly. Trudeau and the rest of the commies can pound sand . If they think anyone is going to comply with their ridiculous thieving of private property they are sadly mistaken.

Last edited by jungleboy; 11-22-2022 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:16 PM

More meaningless laws that no one is going to follow, and will do nothing.
Good work morons.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:22 PM

The sad part is that the general non-gun-owning public just doesn't care.

They don't see the correlation between the seizing of our legally-acquired property and what it bodes for what the government can do with their property in the future.

As long as they have their Netflix and smartphones to keep themselves entertained, they're fine.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:29 PM

I remember talking to my Liberal neighbour when Trudeau was first elected, he told me the Liberals would not be taking anyone’s guns.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:39 PM

So do the gun owners that said they didn't care if they banned ARs because they don't own one have any slight concern yet?
Semi auto shot guns then 22s then repeaters then everything right down to flintlocks.
The strategy that works on the general public is to boil the frog.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:46 PM

I don’t have any semi auto guns or any guns at all, I lost them all yesterday in a boating accident……

Last edited by jungleboy; 11-22-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I don’t have any semi auto guns or any guns at all, I lost them all yesterday in a boating accident……
What a coincidence...me too!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 11-22-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
So do the gun owners that said they didn't care if they banned ARs because they don't own one have any slight concern yet?
Semi auto shot guns then 22s then repeaters then everything right down to flintlocks.
The strategy that works on the general public is to boil the frog.
The end goal is everything, it always has been. Only useful idiots think otherwise
Old 11-22-2022, 06:04 PM

Damn there is too many boating accidents. . And I even have my boaters licence
Old 11-22-2022, 06:10 PM

So here is a question for those who knows: when is this bs becomes active?
And based on what Alberta firearms chief officer said earlier about enforcing this bill 21 law- are they -RCMP- will be enforcing this one too? Or not?
Old 11-22-2022, 06:11 PM
Banned

And then they came for me...

Make it make sense before it's too late.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
And based on what Alberta firearms chief officer said earlier about enforcing this bill 21 law- are they -RCMP- will be enforcing this one too? Or not?
It has to pass. they can write a pretend law known as an OIC to prohibit sales tomorrow. Free country right?

Selective enforcement, as usual. Only enforced on white, male, rural owners (especially on the prairies) who don’t vote liberal and especially anyone who has been outspoken in the media/social media. I’m not being sarcastic either, they know they cannot possibly enforce this Canada wide within their current term so it will be used as an intimidation tool.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:32 PM

Now the mass buy of semi autos tomorrow....
Old 11-22-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Exactly. Trudeau and the rest of the commies can pound sand . If they think anyone is going to comply with their ridiculous thieving of private property they are sadly mistaken.
So I see the Benelli M4 is on the list. It doesn’t have a detachable mag. Does this mean all our semi auto shotguns are on the chopping block?.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
my guess is dec 6. with lots of cameras.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
Now the mass buy of semi autos tomorrow....
Tomorrow?! It has already started!
Old 11-22-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post
Damn there is too many boating accidents. . And I even have my boaters licence
Careful guys boats will be next on the chopping block!
Old 11-22-2022, 07:09 PM

No time like the present to join the CCFR

https://membership.firearmrights.ca/...ual_membership
Old 11-22-2022, 07:14 PM

Is there a place I can see the entire list? Or is the one mentioned above pretty much it?
Old 11-22-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
No Creep...

Liberals Ban Semi-Automatic Firearms

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

November 22, 2022

OSHAWA, ON–Today, rumours that Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government will ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns are confirmed.

An amendment to Bill C-21, currently before a House of Commons committee, was tabled today that will ban all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns capable of accepting an external magazine.

That Bill C-21, in Clause 1, be amended by adding after line 15 on page 1 the following:

(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

This amendment also contains a huge list of firearms specifically identified by name, including the Simonov SKS and all variants, of which 22 are listed by name.

But the amendments are far worse than that.

Formerly unregulated spare parts, such as barrels and slides, will require a Possession and Acquisition Licence to purchase and possess.

The definition of “Prohibited Firearm” will be legislatively expanded to include any firearm “capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy exceeding 10 000 Joules”, “a firearm with a bore diameter of 20 mm or greater” as well as all semi-automatic long guns with detachable magazines.

Liberals also propose to ban 3D-printed firearms by outlawing possession of “computer data that pertain to a firearm” … “that are capable of being used with a 3D printer, metal milling machine or similar computer system…”

Liberals propose to criminalize the distribution of this “computer data” used by 3D printers and CAD machines.

This is a glimpse into the newly created offences for which the majority of Canada’s 2.2 million licensed firearms owners will now be criminalized, should these amendments to Bill C-21 become law.

More details to come as we dig deeper into this latest Liberal assault on RCMP-vetted, federally-licensed firearms owners.

The criminal possession and use of smuggled handguns, rifles and shotguns will, of course, remain unaffected by any of these measures.
Does that make a difference ?
Old 11-22-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
More meaningless laws that no one is going to follow, and will do nothing.
Good work morons.
Exactly
Old 11-22-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

Well don't worry, when your arrested you'll get five star treatment in a government run facility. Access to medical, school, recreation, free food and clothes. If they don't provide you with the exact same as every other criminal than you can claim discrimination and unfair/illegal treatment at the hands of the government and you can sue them for millions!
Old 11-22-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
So I see the Benelli M4 is on the list. It doesn’t have a detachable mag. Does this mean all our semi auto shotguns are on the chopping block?.
SKS doesn’t have a removable magazine either. I bet when we see a full list the Ruger 10/22 will finally be on it too.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
SKS doesn’t have a removable magazine either. I bet when we see a full list the Ruger 10/22 will finally be on it too.
Make no mistake. It will.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:44 PM

It says semiautomatic centerfire with removable magazine with capacity above 5 and the list. That is why I asked for the list
Old 11-22-2022, 08:45 PM

Default Your bolt actions are next……

Cause they are a variant of a long distance precision sniper rifle.
Oh, some of you laugh at me???
We’ll see……