Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Default gull and pigeon

how are the lakes for traveling? gonna be on a quad just wondering if i'll need a sled instead. I haven't been out since December

if anyone can get me onto the fish at gull it would be great. never been at gull ever so if anyone can point me to a few areas it would be help full, especially after both of us have been skunked all ice season. lol
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflyin View Post
how are the lakes for traveling? gonna be on a quad just wondering if i'll need a sled instead. I haven't been out since December

if anyone can get me onto the fish at gull it would be great. never been at gull ever so if anyone can point me to a few areas it would be help full, especially after both of us have been skunked all ice season. lol
I was out at Pigeon on Saturday with a 4x4 truck and no problems. Definately need the 4x4 without a broken trail. Not too bad though.

I haven't been to Gull either but hear it is the same or poorer in some locations. Sounds like either Browlows towards the point has been picking up. Wilsons is hit and miss yet but should be good by now.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 AM

i was at gull brownslow on wed and it was very tough as i didn't get even a kanibble, plus i caught a big rock off of a speeding semi on the highway and made a mess of my windshield, then tryied to go to my favorite spot in about a few feet off of the main path i was sunk and stuck. even with my lifted truck with huge tires i sunk it till you could only see the top of the tires.lol so instead of digging the truck out right away i punched holes to fish and was only sitting in 6 feet of water seeing whites but that was it. so after 3 hours of nothing dug out the truck and moved for deeper water. went farther down the packed down path and off the beaten path again and got stuck again. dug out the truck again and punched holes. surprized only 4 feet of water got fustraited as a older fellow stopped by and gave me a whitefish, and i proceeded to head to the point, but noticed alot of people were packing up and heading back and leaving so i turned around and left too knowing i had an engine issue and limped the truck back home barely, this trip might have damaged the engine internally. oh well at least i got out.