Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Question Good Bow Sight?

I am looking for a nice 5 pin bow sight that can be easily tuned. i will be using it for Hunting as well as 3D shooting. What is a good sight for me that won't be to much money. Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM

I'm happy with the true glow extreme - the tru glow line has a sight for all price ranges. I got the 5 pin with light, level, ring. I did not get the toolless adjustment model.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM

Default Good Bow Sights

Most of the cobra sites are user friendly for sight adjustments. Reasonably affordable. Starting at 80 bucks going upto 200 or so.

I have one of their fiber optic ones with the level in the bottom I think I paid around 125 or so. I like it and its very easy to adjust while sighting.

Cheers.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Sword sights all the way......I have a Twilight Hunter.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM

I have seen Rack's twilight hunter and it looks excellent.

the pins seem finer than they actually are and there is a light standard with them.

That is what I will be buying soon!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM

How much you wanna spend

Take a look at g5 sights... they are expensive but there smart pin system is slick!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munyee4321 View Post
How much you wanna spend

Take a look at g5 sights... they are expensive but there smart pin system is slick!
You reccomend a bow sight that you broke at the range? Like you said in your other post....they are brittle and broke at a weak point during a shot.

LUCKY you werent on a 5 day elk trip back in the mountains.....
Old 04-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
You reccomend a bow sight that you broke at the range? Like you said in your other post....they are brittle and broke at a weak point during a shot.

LUCKY you werent on a 5 day elk trip back in the mountains.....

Yes i was lucky, it wasn;t on a 5 day elk trip even if it did. OH WELL chit happens.... chances are i will not be alone on the trip and i will have my close friends with me i'll either help them get thier elk or use thier set up since most of my buddies have justabout the same set up if not... Hell ill spend the one day doing instinctive shooting wouldn't be the first time iv done it with a compound...

so it broke? whoopeee the piece was easily replaced no questions asked... Do i really know why it broke no... could it been manufacture problem possibly... could it have been my fault for sure.

I'v had flat tires, broken down vehicles misfired factory ammunition during hunts and othere trips. because of that am i suppose to say... no those tires are crap don't use them cause nails puncture them to easy or they can't handle pointed rocks. Or tell people that i wouldnt use that factory ammo because i had one misfire out of the hundreds i used over the past few years.

So what never had car problems? or any other equipment problems? Just cause one thing goes wrong that is easily replaced on a well working equipment after years of excessive use dosn't mean its not worth recommending.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Sounds fun man....I was merely pointing out the fact to the poster who was asking that the sight you're recommending had broke on you and you called it brittle. For me, the words 'brittle' and 'hunting gear' dont go hand in hand.

Other than that, not really worth getting into a discussion as I have what works for me and you have what works for you....and really I could care less what someone else uses....
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM

I shoot a trophy ridge with vertical micro pins and I have had good luck with it.I find them to be very tough.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM

I like my viper. seems very solid too.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Cobra and Toxonics make some good sights. I'm not too familiar with prices these days. Montana Black Gold I have found to be pretty good sights too, but I think they may be a bit more $.

http://www.cobraarchery.com/html/index.html

http://www.toxonics.com/

http://www.blackgoldsights.com/default.aspx
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Viper

I have a Viper and really like it. Good solid sight with micro tune.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 PM

Coyotechallenger if you suffer from astigmatism there is only one sight for you unless you like all of your pins one colour...

Spot Hogg.

They have several models, highly thought of by a good many 3D'ers down south. The thing is, the better ones (Hogg-It, Real Deal etc)not only do they have gang adjustments both ways they also have individual windage adjustment which is important with astigmatism since vision correction usually involves prisms.

Just a thought I'd throw that idea your way. I currently have a Cobra Sidewinder but I want to upgrade to a Spot Hogg. I warn you now, these sights aren't cheap - it's that you get what you pay for...

http://www.spot-hogg.com/product_sig...7;20hold.shtml
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Coyotechallenger if you suffer from astigmatism there is only one sight for you unless you like all of your pins one colour...

Spot Hogg.

They have several models, highly thought of by a good many 3D'ers down south. The thing is, the better ones (Hogg-It, Real Deal etc)not only do they have gang adjustments both ways they also have individual windage adjustment which is important with astigmatism since vision correction usually involves prisms.

Just a thought I'd throw that idea your way. I currently have a Cobra Sidewinder but I want to upgrade to a Spot Hogg. I warn you now, these sights aren't cheap - it's that you get what you pay for...

http://www.spot-hogg.com/product_sig...t%20hold.shtml
I agree. The spot hoggs are expensive but you get what you pay for. I set my wife up for 3-D with the "7 deadly pins" and looks like I'll be getting another one for my hunting rig. I've gone through a lot of sights in the past 20+ years and so far as of late I think the spot hoggs are at the top of the heap.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 AM

X2 gube, I have switched over to the spot hogg 7 deadly pin in January and love it, easy to sight in and adjust the whole gang easy. Little more money but definatly worth every penny.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 PM

I shoot a Copper john Dead Nuts...I like it...comes with the light...Uhhhh...Any mid range to high range sight will do the job...

Look online for reviews and pics and decide yourself...Personally I like the dead nuts..very well constructed

CP
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.