Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 PM

Default hunter success rates & sheep

somwhere along my interweb travels i came across some stats on hunter success rates of each wmu & species, but i can't seem to find it again...does anyone know where the stats are available? i thought it was on mywildalberta, but can't seem to locate it. any help would be great thanks!

also, i want to start building priority for trophy sheep, but to my understanding you can't transfer over your priority between WMU's on trophy sheep. can anyone point me towards a good wmu to start building in? i'm not looking for anyones honey hole, just don't want to get 15 yrs down the road and have a ton of priority in a poor quality wmu
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 PM

I honestly think in every zone you put your sheep draw in you will be waiting upwards of 10 -12 years . your best chance is probably 410 (archery only) and your priorities are not transferable .. I am currently priority 5 in 408 , best case scenerio is i will get drawn in 35 years ...lol...

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting...rsHarvest.aspx
Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
I honestly think in every zone you put your sheep draw in you will be waiting upwards of 10 -12 years . your best chance is probably 410 (archery only) and your priorities are not transferable .. I am currently priority 5 in 408 , best case scenerio is i will get drawn in 35 years ...lol...

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting...rsHarvest.aspx
could be less buddy, if some the older guys get alzheimers during the draws or they kick the bucket...if not i think the worse case senerio for you is like 47 years.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM

ANY *LEGAL* RAM IS A TROPHY AND MOST WMU,S ARE STILL ON A GENERAL TAG ..some real big ones are shot that way too....while you are waiting....