Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Buying a fishing license entitles you to keep fish if you so wish. If you don't want to keep them then you can let them go. I don't see anything in the regs about giving someone a hard time for keeping any sized fish to eat. I am sorry that I missed reading your own personal regulations, but in my opinion if people are going out and eating fish, let them as long as they are not going out and stockpiling their freezers with more than their posession limit. Stocked trout are also put there for consumption, and don't reproduce. I hate to break it to you but I bet troutpirate likes to eat trout in the summer too...and I have no problems with that!

Chris K

ps. this guys picture posts are AWESOME!!! I could care less if he uses a fly rod or a spinning rod (it would not suprise me if he could probably catch them on a spool of thread!) he is a big trout god!
X2
I used to belong to a fishing board in Alberta and they just chewed on you for not ALWAYS doing catch and release. Seems there are two sets of rules, the govt's and their's,and you are always in the wrong for keeping something to eat or even mount.
Nice fish troutpirate.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:26 AM

Great pics ... keep them coming, always nice to see these.

A Good Friend told me,
Wind from the East fish bite the least, Wind from the West fish bite the best...
Old 12-26-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambski View Post
went to hasse and got skunked, are you pulling my leg, ha ha. the brookie is easy but the bows have me wondering s478s5837??
Doh. Nibble, bite and hooked.

TP didn't say that fish came from Hasse... He said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutpirate View Post
merry x-mas and i hope to see some of you guys at hasse lake on dec 28

I had to read that a couple times too. Those fish are from mountain lakes... Someone has got a honey hole.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 AM

Default I kept silent long enough!

You guys are calling this guy a trout god! What you really dont know is that that rainbow is the same fish taken with a change of clothing and a change of venue how do I know, I took the second pic! The pic of the brookie well that is my fish he wanted to take credit for so he could beat his brother in a Fish and game association award. Want proof I have the pic of me holding it plus its sitting in my freezer still waiting to be mounted. Why did I let him do it Im not sure a moment of very poor judgment I guess, but the pics of those rainbows is the last straw for me his arrogance has fueled a fire in me and I cant stand that guy. Those fish are poached! They are out of a closed stocked pond not a honey hole or mountain lake! Closed to everyone! These are illegally caught and posting them here is a serious insult to this forum and everyone on it. And entering them into a legitimate contest is highly unethical. I also want to confirm I had no part in fishing with him when he caught this fish. All so he can beat his brother for a silly award. Did I call RAP on him no but it crossed my mind I am not a rat but taking credit for the same fish twice and posting a pic of someone elses fish for credit my GOD what a ****ing douche bag. What do you got to say troutpirate are you gonna call me a liar? I have the pics from your camera with the pond in the background for proof. Your a ****in goof dont ever cross my path! No I am not jealous my fish are all caught legally.

Here's the pic of me holding MY brook trout and for the record tht is my rod and reel in the pic he posted.

His original pic of that rainbow that he was afraid to post because someone might recognise the background. Does it look like swan lake to you because this is where he told the Hinton Fish and Game association he caught it.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 AM

WOW trout what do you have to say for yourself Kevin that brookie is a hawg!!!!!!! nice catch its a shame someone else tried to take credit fo it
Old 12-26-2009, 09:36 AM

Wow........

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Fishing a closed lake then reporting it (trophy trout)from another lake so you can enter it........................ what an AS5 Hole
Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 AM

muhahahaha

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

BTW, Why go through the hassle of "exposing" this guy as it seems, when u dont have the interest in calling RAP. As far as I'm concerned, by doing nothing, u are as bad as he. Come on, u no doubt had some idea of what was going on at the time u took the pic...what did u think was going to happen?

The whole "being a rat" theory doesnt hold water as u made it very clear who u are and the details of what happened. R u somehow concerned that he wont find out....no, so therefore, there is no justifiable reason NOT to report him.

Start flame war.......
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 AM

like sands through the hour glass....so are the days of our lives!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
muhahahaha

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

BTW, Why go through the hassle of "exposing" this guy as it seems, when u dont have the interest in calling RAP. As far as I'm concerned, by doing nothing, u are as bad as he. Come on, u no doubt had some idea of what was going on at the time u took the pic...what did u think was going to happen?

The whole "being a rat" theory doesnt hold water as u made it very clear who u are and the details of what happened. R u somehow concerned that he wont find out....no, so therefore, there is no justifiable reason NOT to report him.

Start flame war.......
Your absolutely right why dont I?
Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 AM

You know it seems picture threads always go off the deep end on this Forum. It's like people have nothing better to do than cut down fellow fishermen. I'm not saying I don't think TF couldn't possibly be in the wrong, but come on. If you're going to attempt to be the better fisher, don't try to expose the poacher on the net. Call RAP.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutpirate View Post
heres a few pix of some recent catches.

the weather was cold and walking through a foot of snow carrying all your ice fishing gear sucks............... but its all worth it when your fishing in 4 feet of crystal clear water and you see a big trout come into your hole and smash your hook.

am i crazy or are my fellow flyfishers(that look down on ice fishing) missing out on some of the best sight fishing of the year?

merry x-mas and i hope to see some of you guys at hasse lake on dec 28

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM

Default poacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
You know it seems picture threads always go off the deep end on this Forum. It's like people have nothing better to do than cut down fellow fishermen. I'm not saying I don't think TF couldn't possibly be in the wrong, but come on. If you're going to attempt to be the better fisher, don't try to expose the poacher on the net. Call RAP.
for one thing, he is not a fellow fisherman, next..... DO expose him on the net, i agree with the call rap part.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Default let the law

handle and figger out what is truth and or not.