Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 PM

Default looking for a new bow on a small budget need advice.

so after my bow was stollen a while go i now have $600 for a new one. i am looking for a ready to hunt set up, so what iam asking is would you spend 600 on a new bow? if so what would it be? or would you shop around and buy a used bow? any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 PM

What kind of bow did you have before? There are a lot of ready to hunt bow packages out there. Everybody has there own opinions about them. Best bet is to go to your local pro shop and shoot them all. See what feels good to you. I ended up with a diamond infinite edge and put down a bull moose with it last month.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 AM

If you know your draw length, and have some experience shooting so you know what works for you, you can easily pick up a ready to hunt setup off the archery buy and sell. It might be a few years old but as long as it's not damaged (check the limbs carefully), it will kill just as well. Some makes/models are more adjustable than others, APA bows have a large range of DL adjustment. Others require a module or a whole new cam/strings. Do your research beforehand.

I'm not sure I would attempt this at this point in the season though. It takes a while to get used to a new setup. Make sure you only take shots that you are 100% confident in.

Not a criticizm at all, but a good reason to always have a backup ready to go, stored in a safe location. There's only so many hunting days in a year and once they're gone, they're gone.

Edit: just checked the buy and sell. Many, many good bows available at your price range. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 AM

wws flyer says all diamond and bowtech bows are 30% off with a dozen gold tip arrows(hunter 12 pack or volcity 12pack)
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 11-10-2016, 04:51 PM

I won't be hunting with it this year, that's not an issue I know that it takes time to get set up and comfortable with a new rig. I am looking now because there are end of season deals out there and on average I shoot my bow 3-4 times a week just to get out of the house. I will have to look at that was flyer. I have also had a member offer me a good deal on a bow. Thanks for the input and keep it coming. Thanks for the awesome offers I have revived.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 PM

I went to wss today to look at the bows they had on sale. I had no intention of buying a bow but I did. 30% off with a dozen gold tip arrows for free was a deal I could not pas up. I grabbed a diamond deploy RAK package. Thanks to those who had advise and a big thank you to sliktricker and andrew_arsenault who offered me grate deals.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 PM

Where and what is wss?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2016, 09:25 PM

WSS stands for Wholesale Sports. North and South stores in Edmonton.