Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-30-2016, 06:32 AM

Default Bear Mag TD with B limbs and B riser

Bear Mag TD with B limbs and B riser. Kicking around the idea of picking up one of these to have a little fun with. Have a line on one that is about a 5 to 6 out of 10. Has a slight twist in the limbs also. Any idea what something like that is worth, and if its worth spending the time on. Thank you and have a good day.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:26 AM

Twisted limbs are not good..... new limbs are probably 300...so I would say not a lot

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 12-01-2016, 03:06 PM

Thanks Backyard. Any one else have any input or what they think it might be worth. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:11 PM

If you can get it for $300 better grab it. Especially with limbs. Limbs can be untwisted.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Thanks Gun. I know Bear bows are your specialty. The grip on the bow looks like its coming off and the bow does not have a Flemish string. Can the grip be fixed or reused? Any info on getting twists out of limbs would also be helpful. Thanks again for your time.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:54 PM

The grips just push on. I have a piece of leather on the front side of mine to help push the handle apart a bit giving it a bit more mass feel for me. I glued the leather with contact cement. The plastic grip I soak in halt water for a while to make it a bit more flexible. I put a strip of double sided tape down the middle and use a couple of thin metal putty knives to help slide it back in place.

There are clips on youtube I think about straightening out limbs. I've only need to fix one slightly twisted. Just ran it under warm water for a while and twisted in the opposite direction. It may take a few times. Also everyone that shoots trad should make sure their "string follow" is centered every time you string up.
Good Luck and enjoy!
Old 12-04-2016, 07:49 AM

Thanks Gun for the helpful advise. Will get it back to go, and for sure have some fun with it! I guess its getting close so Merry Xmas to all.