Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
X2
3x
Old 11-13-2016, 08:29 AM

Good job kw12 , glad you got some results from your efforts . More people need to do the same and not just come on here to complain or bash someone like you for doing it .
Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Just a question not looking to start a bashing thread here but could a treaty hunter use a rifle or shotgun in the bowzone to hunt big game?
Yes. As long as they have permission the can use whatever weapon they choose.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Ask the game warden
Been there, done that.
Reported 2 separate incidents of this nature to 2 different offices a few years apart and was told the same thing.
"You must use your pointy stick while they can use a modern day centre-fire if they choose". Housing density and safety be damned.
I'm still bitter because of the efforts I went to to collect information to report. F&W didn't even pursue the fact that they shot from a maintained road onto property they had no permission for....,but that's another matter.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
Got a call this morning from an officer telling me that these two in the photo have been talked to already once this year for illegally hunting with rifles in he bow zone. Said there story was fishy the first time they spoke to them. Looks like these fellas will not be hunting for awhile. He thanked me for the report and said I had every right to call in and report.
Fascinating.

So F&W knew they were "illegally hunting with rifles in (t)he bow zone", but just gave them a warning?
Now with the only evidence to go on being a picture, they were suspended from hunting?
Something's fishy alright....
Old 11-14-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
3x
X4
Old 11-14-2016, 05:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Well if they were hunting coyotes they didn't need the deer grunt moose call and rattling antlers hanging off there pack. There is a few pictures of them standing In front of my camera where you can see all there gear and they are clearly moose/deer hunting. Yes I know some people use those calls for coyote but walking around the thick bush coyote hunting? I'd say they were poaching and the officer I spoke with agrees after seeing the pictures.
Pure speculation until the law does thier part.
I have packs with various stuff on it, in the fishing boat depending where I am I also have a rifle, deer hunting...nope...fishing yes!
See where I am going with this, you got pictures etc and that is all.
More to follow when F&W do thier thing.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Got a call this morning from an officer telling me that these two in the photo have been talked to already once this year for illegally hunting with rifles in he bow zone. Said there story was fishy the first time they spoke to them. Looks like these fellas will not be hunting for awhile. He thanked me for the report and said I had every right to call in and report.
There ya go

Case slowed...next!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-14-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Just a question not looking to start a bashing thread here but could a treaty hunter use a rifle or shotgun in the bowzone to hunt big game?
It would be unconstitutional to force natives to use a bow and arrow... HILARIOUS, but unconstitutional.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It would be unconstitutional to force natives to use a bow and arrow... HILARIOUS, but unconstitutional.
They follow the constitution?

LC
Old 11-14-2016, 02:24 PM

OP. Great job to take the time and effort to report these guys. Only with our eyes and help are the COs likely to be effective, there just aren't enough of them to do it on their own.

Try to ignore the people on here with their heads up their butts. Why anyone would try to make excuses for poachers, trespassers and law breakers is beyond me. We seem to think the rationalisation can make anything right.

Do your part, let the law do theirs and more times than not it will come out the right way. Good job, keep it up.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:21 PM

Not sure why you guys are continuing to go on about my story. If you don't believe me then that's fine but clearly you have nothing better to do with your time than to bash my story. Gives me a good laugh at work while I'm bored so continue on. I'm just going by what I was told from the phone call. Maybe you ever think there was more to the story than just my complaint about said individuals? It was none of my business so I never inquired about it. Some of you should take that advice as well. I observed some fishy activity so I reported it, the rest is out of my control so I never worried about it. You guys come on here and bash people story's or pictures. We are all grown men and we are all hunters so let me ask you this. What's with all the bashing? If it gives you guys cheap thrills or something I'm not sure. I never told my story on here to get gratification or anything like that I simply brought it up because these days it's getting harder and harder to get permission on lands we want to hunt and also to be accepted in some people's eyes And when you have idiots breaking the law that doesn't help out or situation. So why instead of bashing each other all the time why don't we stick together we are all hunters and we have a difficult battle to fight together. End of rant.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:45 AM

Hopefully it's same guy that trespass where I hunt, even open the gate and drive their pickup in the land.