Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-20-2016, 05:34 PM

Default hunting wmu 334 anyone have much luck in this area

my boss talked to an old friend who owns land near coyote lake in wmu 334 and i was just wondering how the hunting is in that area mainly looking for a nice whitetail but im always down to chase down an elk if the oportunity is given just curious how the hunters do in this area so please feel free and pump me full of your stories id really like ot get my blood a flowing before heading out this weekend thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 07:29 PM

Its hard to get permission in the area I have found. Ive stop asking and go to to lodgepole area. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:43 PM

The Coyote lake area would be a great hunt. There are elk around there and I've seen some good whitetails around there. Definitely worth scouting the land you can access. The Coyote lake area has some of the last pieces of bigger bush in the area. Old mature mixed woods. Good grouse grounds too.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM

The coyote Lake natural area is bow only and you have to apply in the spring I believe to get on the list to be able to access it you have to apply in the spring. Lots of the areas on the map are listed as crown land but are closed to hunting because of h2s wells. I live 15 mins from there and don't even bother. Lots of the crown in 334 is hard to get to because you need permission to cross farmers fields to get to it. The easy stuff is heavily used by ATVs, so have fun bow hunting this has been my challenge this year. I've had three ATVs drive up to me on private land next to crown land well I was bow hunting. They did not have permission or care who's land it was. Even had one couple drive there quad between me and a bull, cow, and calf moose. I did a 500 yard stock to have them drive up between us at 60 yards. Lots of bow hunters on the crown lands. Good luck.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 12:14 AM

Codeman, you are right in saying there are lots of users and hard to access crown land but if Notastraightshot has access to private land in the area it might be worth checking out that land.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets