Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Default Arrows

Is anyone running the victory vap arrows ? I've heard they are the best hands down penetrating arrow on the market and strong also, has anyone had the chance to test them out in the real world ?
Old 06-17-2016, 12:42 PM

Just got em cant wait to test em out.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:49 PM

I use the Victory Force V1's and love them They have a coating on them that is much slicker than eastons. Mine are much cheaper than the VAP's but same .001 straightness. I know Salavee was using VAP's for a few yrs PM him
Old 06-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Kodiak338 has some of them. He has only had them for a month or two. We shot the camp hehoha shoot for cause, and he was consistently getting 6-8 inches more penetration on the deer size targets than I was. I'm shooting Easton bloodlines. His bow is much faster than mine though!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Kodiak338 has some of them. He has only had them for a month or two. We shot the camp hehoha shoot for cause, and he was consistently getting 6-8 inches more penetration on the deer size targets than I was. I'm shooting Easton bloodlines. His bow is much faster than mine though!
I'm shooting the blood lines also and I do like them but I'm going to switch to the vaps I think .
Jimbows was saying if you shoot any arrow you want into the back stop and then shoot the vap next to your arrow and you come with in three inches of the depth of the vap he will give you a free dozen . Lol that was confidence in my books that they are a hard hitting arrow ! Now I'm wondering about strength of the arrow and "excirt" I was told they are much stronger then they were a few years back . The "excirt" used to bend easily I've been told
Old 06-17-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger99 View Post
I'm shooting the blood lines also and I do like them but I'm going to switch to the vaps I think .
Jimbows was saying if you shoot any arrow you want into the back stop and then shoot the vap next to your arrow and you come with in three inches of the depth of the vap he will give you a free dozen . Lol that was confidence in my books that they are a hard hitting arrow ! Now I'm wondering about strength of the arrow and "excirt" I was told they are much stronger then they were a few years back . The "excirt" used to bend easily I've been told
I just bought a dozen new bloodlines yesterday, won't be switching anytime soon myself. I don't really like the tapered insert. I prefer the insert being the same diameter as my arrow! Just my preference. I'm a little too cheap to buy the victorys' as well! Iirc they're well over $200/12? I hope that they work out good for you! My buddy loves them! He has already bought 2 dozen.