Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-06-2016, 10:29 PM

Default Bowtech String and Cabels

Where to buy/order string and cables for 2006 Bowtech Allegiance?
Thanks
K
Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Jimbows uses Vapour Trail strings and would be familiar with tuning an Allegiance. I personally order 60X Custom Strings and install them myself, $75 USD for premade and $75-110 USD for full custom, shipping $12 and they come in about 12-14 days.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 11:44 AM

there are a lot of string makers out there now days more so in the states from what I see on facebook do some research to see what combination of materials seem to be working the best and then find a maker that stretches the string lots but as well they serve the string under tension....
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 06-07-2016, 03:53 PM

LC,
How many shots would you recommend going through before getting a really solid tuning done? Would you say just get it done right away and then tweak things after stretch/settling? Or shoot away for a set number and then get something like the super tune?
OP,
Once you get some new strings, please report back what you got and how it turns out. Pics are always appreciated.
Good luck
Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
LC,
How many shots would you recommend going through before getting a really solid tuning done? Would you say just get it done right away and then tweak things after stretch/settling? Or shoot away for a set number and then get something like the super tune?
OP,
Once you get some new strings, please report back what you got and how it turns out. Pics are always appreciated.
Good luck
I install the strings, set timing, set cam lean, install d-loop, install peep....start shooting, sight bow into 20 yards....keep shooting, adjust peep to be square to eye if needed, check timing, keep shooting.

The strings I use hardly ever budge once set. I have never super tuned one of my bows, not that there isn't value I just haven't done it.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 04:27 PM

Ok, thanks! I guess that's why you shoot bowtech haha.
Do you find you are continually monitoring and then making a tweak here and there as needed? For example, set timing again after 4 months, then 1 month later cam lean needs a tweak, then just before you replace strings you notice a few more timing resets? Bare in mind I don't ever do this, I'm just kinda curious what to expect as I was in the same place as the op about a year where I replaced strings and got a solid tuning set up. I've barely shot since and I wonder if things will be a little out of whack and need to check timing and center shot... I think I'll just go send a pm too as the rest of my questions will be too much derail
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM

No I hardly have to retune or tweak my bow after initial setup, I check things on a draw board from time to time but honestly....they are set and stay there. I have a set of strings on my Fanatic that are a year old and the peep never twists...draw and it comes straight back to my eye all the time.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Ok, thanks! I guess that's why you shoot bowtech haha.
Do you find you are continually monitoring and then making a tweak here and there as needed? For example, set timing again after 4 months, then 1 month later cam lean needs a tweak, then just before you replace strings you notice a few more timing resets? Bare in mind I don't ever do this, I'm just kinda curious what to expect as I was in the same place as the op about a year where I replaced strings and got a solid tuning set up. I've barely shot since and I wonder if things will be a little out of whack and need to check timing and center shot... I think I'll just go send a pm too as the rest of my questions will be too much derail
This exactly where you should ask questions. If you have questions most likely someone else will have the same questions and lots of guys on here will have great answers for you. More questions like this and less crap will make this a better place to get information Fire away on your questions
Old 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Haha thanks.
And for the record, I had nothing "bare" in mind. I meant bear in mind And that usually means the animal, but not in this case
Old 06-07-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
No I hardly have to retune or tweak my bow after initial setup, I check things on a draw board from time to time but honestly....they are set and stay there. I have a set of strings on my Fanatic that are a year old and the peep never twists...draw and it comes straight back to my eye all the time.

LC
and this is why you do your research and find exactly what you want before you get it... I haven't had any problems with my new string set yet and I'm always watching to be able to say that next time I can put them on and not look back after I tune it,,,,
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 AM

Stock strings on top brand bows have come a long way and most have improved even in the last several years...

Strings settling/stretch and serving separation for some reason seems to be an issue with many stock strings

Custom strings rock, go with a well known brand...as that is all most do is build strings they are quality...

As mentioned there are some quality brands such as Vapour Trail strings and 60X Custom Strings ...

I personally use Worlds Best Strings on all my bows ...most right out of the box...they are also Canadian made

http://www.worldsbeststrings.com/

Good quality strings settled very little but all will settle somewhat with the first several shots ...with a quick "tweak" they shouldn't move...pending on conditions

Neil