Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-29-2016, 08:25 PM

Default portable bow press

Help,
I shoot a Mathews solo cam "Switchback" and would like to know it a Bowmaster portable bow press is compatible. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailrotor View Post
Help,
I shoot a Mathews solo cam "Switchback" and would like to know it a Bowmaster portable bow press is compatible. Thanks in advance for any info.
Kind of a weird place for that question, but yes it is

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak12 View Post
That's not a bad idea. I guess if he knew what he was doing I wouldn't have to but I should have taken it to someone else.
Lol!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:38 PM

Default Agreed

Lawrence should close his doors right now. If he can't figure how to properly install a QAD rest then he has no business being a full time bow tech for the last 20 years. Prime, Hoyt, Elite, and Mathews should all pull his dealer privileges for fear that he will tarnish their reputations.

I for one suggest you never go back to Accurate Archery ever again, why put up with such terrible service. I can only imagine the horror you must have experience when your bow was returned without your beloved football; and to be replaced with a "BS Knot" of all things.... Oh the horror.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Headed out to see Lawrence and as usual well taken care of beyond the realm of customer service.

I purchased a used bow on here where the "seller" (would like to use another title) concealed a broken string by applying gobs of wax in 2 areas. There was enough on the left yoke in a 1 inch area to make a peas size ball and about the same amount below the peep at the tie in. In both areas there was at least 6 broken strands. Also the fall away did fall on the shot and was useless. Lawrence installed the new strings for free and worked on the rest for over an hour at no cost; never did get it working. Tried to pay but he wouldn't take it.

By the way, if anyone wants the ao'ers name that sold me the bow, send me a PM. A scratch or a blemish is one thing, but concealing a broken string is putting me at risk for the sake of a dollar, he's a real d-bag!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Headed out to see Lawrence and as usual well taken care of beyond the realm of customer service.

I purchased a used bow on here where the "seller" (would like to use another title) concealed a broken string by applying gobs of wax in 2 areas. There was enough on the left yoke in a 1 inch area to make a peas size ball and about the same amount below the peep at the tie in. In both areas there was at least 6 broken strands. Also the fall away did fall on the shot and was useless. Lawrence installed the new strings for free and worked on the rest for over an hour at no cost; never did get it working. Tried to pay but he wouldn't take it.

By the way, if anyone wants the ao'ers name that sold me the bow, send me a PM. A scratch or a blemish is one thing, but concealing a broken string is putting me at risk for the sake of a dollar, he's a real d-bag!
Why don't you use the feedback tool. That is what it is for
Old 05-04-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Why don't you use the feedback tool. That is what it is for
I did give him negative feedback, 1st time ever and I hope I never have to do it again.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak12 View Post
That's not a bad idea. I guess if he knew what he was doing I wouldn't have to but I should have taken it to someone else.
From reading this thread and your posts Kodiak12 I think its better you learn to do it yourself that way you can blame your self instead of stead of a stand up place like Accurate Archery... and your lack of knowledge in archery doesn't give you the right to bash someone just because you have no clue....
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyard View Post
From reading this thread and your posts Kodiak12 I think its better you learn to do it yourself that way you can blame your self instead of stead of a stand up place like Accurate Archery... and your lack of knowledge in archery doesn't give you the right to bash someone just because you have no clue....
Kind of what I was thinking to myself as well, if you know your a hard person to please then I suggest you put in the time and learn to do it yourself, it's not rocket science and you can find an explanation for most all tuning issues online.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak338 View Post
I would like to give a shout out to Lawrence at Accurate Archery in Alberta Beach for the fantastic job he did mounting my new sight and setting all the axis points and tuning my bow up. After taking it to a couple other local archery shops and I'm not going to name names but I was very disappointed with the outcome and lack of effort put in to satisfy a customer and produce results. Lawrence took the time to set things up properly and show you how they should work and explained what he was doing as he went. He spent an hour working on my bow and it is shooting better now than ever before. I am in the market for another bow soon and because of his effort and passion for the sport I know where I will be purchasing my next bow from. Thanks for all the help.
Met Lawerence for the first time about a month ago. He tuned up my bow( which had already been done by another shop) and had it shooting better than ever before. In the market for a new bow either later this year or beginning of next year. He is a great guy and definitely getting my business from now on.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:36 PM

Lawrence is top notch! Great customer service. I was out there this morning for the first time ever. And he put a new string on my bow, tuned everything up to make sure the cams were timed properly, set up my rest for the proper centre shot, and drop initiation of my rest. The whole time he was working on my bow, he had me set up shooting all the new bows he carries. After he was done putting on my string, we checked out draw weight, and shot through the chrony. It was set at 68lbs, and with 400 gr arrows and a 28" draw, I was getting 276fps. I decided to max out the (70lbs) limbs. It turned out I was getting 73lbs. And it put my speed up to 289fps. I also picked up a dozen new Easton bloodlines. It's too bad his shop is so far from Leduc, I'd be in there a lot more if it was closer!
Old 06-16-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Lawrence is top notch! Great customer service. I was out there this morning for the first time ever. And he put a new string on my bow, tuned everything up to make sure the cams were timed properly, set up my rest for the proper centre shot, and drop initiation of my rest. The whole time he was working on my bow, he had me set up shooting all the new bows he carries. After he was done putting on my string, we checked out draw weight, and shot through the chrony. It was set at 68lbs, and with 400 gr arrows and a 28" draw, I was getting 276fps. I decided to max out the (70lbs) limbs. It turned out I was getting 73lbs. And it put my speed up to 289fps. I also picked up a dozen new Easton bloodlines. It's too bad his shop is so far from Leduc, I'd be in there a lot more if it was closer!
Yeah I wish that he was closer too. Maybe it is a good thing though or I'd be spending a lot more money. lol
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 06-16-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Yeah I wish that he was closer too. Maybe it is a good thing though or I'd be spending a lot more money. lol
For me, it's gonna get spent anyways, I'd rather spend it somewhere that I get treated well, and have the confidence that my bow is in good hands. Plus, he carries the arrows I shoot, and a lot of the accessories I'd like to buy!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
For me, it's gonna get spent anyways, I'd rather spend it somewhere that I get treated well, and have the confidence that my bow is in good hands. Plus, he carries the arrows I shoot, and a lot of the accessories I'd like to buy!
I'd spend more if he was closer but as it is he gets most of my business and he's the one that works on my bows.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard