Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 AM

Default Wmu 360

Could anyone provide there feedback on this zone?
Searched through the forum and did gather some information.

Looking to hunt all big game.

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Default 360

Zone is heavily hunted. Was a great zone but had some tough winters and high predators with lots of hunters makes it much tougher now.
Still ok where I'm at in the farmland but need to do your homework for access/ permission.
Good luck!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Thanks is there areas that are more pressured than others?

This will be on private land.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Anywhere there are elk there is hunting pressure. Grabbing maps and burning some fuel may be more rewarding than online scouting.....
Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM

we have hunted this area for years, on the bad side, hard to get permission in a lot of areas if you do not know anyone, we have been refused permission to hunt on a lot of the lease land which is quite frustrating farmers who do this are promoting poaching this land belongs to all of us and should all be posted foot access only in my opinion then it would be fair for all. also many of the farmers have cultivated access (road allowances) to crown land and will not allow passage to the crown land which makes for difficult or impossible to get into some areas even had a couple farmers tell me that "those are my elk" wrong! those are everyone's elk! quite a few road hunters that do not ask for permission and try to sneak in on privately owned land when they see game from their trucks even bow hunters!
on the good side once you can gain permission or access crown there are descent numbers of moose, elk and deer and lots of good bears. We walk into a lot of areas and pack out what we shoot trying not to invite more activity into the honey holes we have found. seems if you make one trail into an area it gets flooded with others so be careful not to give away your spots. Last year we harvested a bull moose, bull elk and a cow elk. the year before a bull elk and 2 cow elk. (we are 5 in our group) could have shot many deer or bears but we are a bit picky.

good luck and shoot straight
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
Anywhere there are elk there is hunting pressure. Grabbing maps and burning some fuel may be more rewarding than online scouting.....
NBFK,

Don't be a smart ass because you know my brother.

I am thinking of buying some property in this zone. Its one quarter section backing on to crown. Just doing my homework before I make the good/bad decision.

This forum is littered with stupid/pointless posts
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnHunter View Post
we have hunted this area for years, on the bad side, hard to get permission in a lot of areas if you do not know anyone, we have been refused permission to hunt on a lot of the lease land which is quite frustrating farmers who do this are promoting poaching this land belongs to all of us and should all be posted foot access only in my opinion then it would be fair for all. also many of the farmers have cultivated access (road allowances) to crown land and will not allow passage to the crown land which makes for difficult or impossible to get into some areas even had a couple farmers tell me that "those are my elk" wrong! those are everyone's elk! quite a few road hunters that do not ask for permission and try to sneak in on privately owned land when they see game from their trucks even bow hunters!
on the good side once you can gain permission or access crown there are descent numbers of moose, elk and deer and lots of good bears. We walk into a lot of areas and pack out what we shoot trying not to invite more activity into the honey holes we have found. seems if you make one trail into an area it gets flooded with others so be careful not to give away your spots. Last year we harvested a bull moose, bull elk and a cow elk. the year before a bull elk and 2 cow elk. (we are 5 in our group) could have shot many deer or bears but we are a bit picky.

good luck and shoot straight
Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like you have your spots ZONED!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Has nothing to do with your brother. Can't be to serious about buying land if you haven't done any leg work. Just stating that you posting wmu #'s and wanting an x on the spot from forum users isn't how things work. Just like any other northwestern zone there are bears, elk , moose, and deer. They are where you find them.

But then again sorry for being such a smart ass. This forum is full on online scouters looking for the easy street to success.....
Old 07-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Has nothing to do with your brother. Can't be to serious about buying land if you haven't done any leg work. Just stating that you posting wmu #'s and wanting an x on the spot from forum users isn't how things work. Just like any other northwestern zone there are bears, elk , moose, and deer. They are where you find them.

But then again sorry for being such a smart ass. This forum is full on online scouters looking for the easy street to success.....
The best part is because you shot a bison, your the next bill Jordan. How do you know I haven't done my leg work and been out there?
I definitely don't want the X of someone's spot, that zone is huge just asking like is all.

Is it wrong to ask a question that's what this forum is all about. I've been out there & did my leg work. HOWEVER, it's different to scout now come hunting season when pressure is high so that's why I like to ask.

Bazinga!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 PM

Lol yes I shot a bison and I think I'm Bill Jordon.

I was an average guy who enjoyed the outdoors but after my bison I couldn't handle the fame.

Your such a tool
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM

We will take this battle to PM's
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Lol yes I shot a bison and I think I'm Bill Jordon.

I was an average guy who enjoyed the outdoors but after my bison I couldn't handle the fame. Your such a tool

That is friggin hilarious!....a got a great laugh out of that comment!! Have a good one!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM

Maybe NbFK just think the way you do your scouting is lazy,
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=135353

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=73626

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=43836
Old 07-25-2013, 03:02 PM

LOL look who comes out of the woodworks.

Its buckbrush everybody.