Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-09-2016, 04:30 PM

Default APA bows for sale

It seems like a lot of used APA bows for sale lately. Is it because don't like them once they have shot them for a bit or just a matter that they sell a bunch in this market so naturally more used bows would be for sale.

I have shot a couple and seemed like fine bows to me but not as nice as the Prime I shoot now. ( at least to me)
Old 06-09-2016, 04:36 PM

I would say shops are using social media to sell as well people are wanting something newer.. cant say if there going to another brand or just up grading what they had... I love mine
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 06-09-2016, 04:58 PM

Default APA bows

Lots for sale like where ? I would buy a used viper air if you new anyone wanting to get rid of one . There has only been two on this site in the last 3 months , not sure if you have heard of archery talk they have a buy and sell and there is none on there for sale either . I am in no means a APA die hard I don't own one but I buy and sale at least two bows a year of any brand I find shoot the best for me . This year I have it narrowed down to the new elite impulse or the APA viper air .
Old 06-10-2016, 03:54 PM

Old 06-10-2016, 07:57 PM

Well dimond k I have to shoot my apa cause I need to blame somthing for my misses but come to think of it my apa dropped evthing I aimed at in the field last year . Guess it still works and I don't need to blame it yet . Lol hounestly the best bow i have ever owned and love the idea it's Canadian just like me !
Old 06-10-2016, 09:14 PM

Shot and worked on every top end brand bow out there..yup way before even Hoyt..Mathews...and way before bowtech...every brand contributed to what we shoot now. .
Was a dealer for Mathews...Hoyt..and yup even bt...of all the bows I have shot...taken a book animal in all Alberta Praire desires . .. with most bows out there...however owning 3 mathews. ...helium being my last most favorite bow ever...I had a APA AIR..a low cost ..short ata bow on my hands...fit incredibly. ..felt so good...shot 8 robin hoods with first 80 arrows out of box. ...

Was so impressed that I sold all my Mathews. ..
Will be an APA shooter by preferance. .not because I am
Hyped by propaganda...
Old 06-10-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews z7 View Post
Lots for sale like where ? I would buy a used viper air if you new anyone wanting to get rid of one . There has only been two on this site in the last 3 months , not sure if you have heard of archery talk they have a buy and sell and there is none on there for sale either . I am in no means a APA die hard I don't own one but I buy and sale at least two bows a year of any brand I find shoot the best for me . This year I have it narrowed down to the new elite impulse or the APA viper air .
You won't see many on AT because APA has almost no market share outside of Canada and more specifically western Canada. Nabil told me a few years ago that he still sells only 10% internationally and I think he might be being generous at 10%

Was not looking to start a brand war just a curious observation I had. Two archery shops I have been in lately had a APA bow traded in and on consignment. I had two friends sell thereAPA bows last fall and move to a Hoyt and Bowtech. All the guys who were TV host shooters have moved away from them as well but this may just be the sponsorship game and not the bows.

Yes Neil we are all aware that you have a love affair with APA currently but I am sure another lady will sweep you off your feet at some point in the future. Maybe when Mathews quits being so trashy. You can only put lipstick on a pig for so long

FYI I don't mind the APAs although I do think there were a little zealous on copying some of the technology they use.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
You won't see many on AT because APA has almost no market share outside of Canada and more specifically western Canada. Nabil told me a few years ago that he still sells only 10% internationally and I think he might be being generous at 10%

Was not looking to start a brand war just a curious observation I had. Two archery shops I have been in lately had a APA bow traded in and on consignment. I had two friends sell there APA bows last fall and move to a Hoyt and Bowtech. All the guys who were TV host shooters have moved away from them as well but this may just be the sponsorship game and not the bows.

Yes Neil we are all aware that you have a love affair with APA currently but I am sure another lady will sweep you off your feet at some point in the future. Maybe when Mathews quits being so trashy. You can only put lipstick on a pig for so long

FYI I don't mind the APAs although I do think there were a little zealous on copying some of the technology they use.
remember...*not* trying to start a brand war

Couldn't care less about tv. How many of those handitards shoot rage "broadheads" ?! "THROW AN AXE THROUGH AN ANIMAL!!!"

I think guys buy and sell bows all the time, especially the guys who care about numbers. Those of us who shoot bows to kill stuff will just keep using our APAs
Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post

Was not looking to start a brand war just a curious observation I had. Two archery shops I have been in lately had a APA bow traded in and on consignment. I had two friends sell thereAPA bows last fall and move to a Hoyt and Bowtech. All the guys who were TV host shooters have moved away from them as well but this may just be the sponsorship game and not the bows.

Wow ...bad weekend for drownings. ..must have rained Kool aid