Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
What's up with Wild

Default What's up with Wild TV

What's up with Wild TV??????????? None of the shows that are listed on their web site are ever on at the times they say they are. It's really frustrating.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Sitting Bull

I e-mailed wild t.v last night, explained that I wasn't happy with the reception as well as it seem that all that is on after work or as they call it "prime time" is fishing shows.Now I don't mind the odd one but not show after show.I exclaimed that is why there is WFN channel if I want to watch fishing shows.
Anyway to make a long story short, they e-mailed me within minutes of me sending the message.They told me they were aware of all these issues and that we should see positive changes in the first of the month.
After all that hope that answers your concerns.

Later.
Guy.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Blakeinator2

i'm not one for stupid laws...but they should make it illegal to make the commercials so much louder than the programs....for ALL things that come across the ole boob toob...not just wild t.v.(which especially terrible in this department)....terrible enough that i'm doing what many might tell me to do anyhow....and that is....turn it off

in fact the law should state that commercials shall be slightly less volume than the programs!

blasted boob toobs are evil anyhow....just steal life really

B
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Northern Hunting Mom

What Blake said;

I shouldn't have to spend an extra $100 for a TV that has automatic volume control.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
bulldog

Checked to see what was on Wild TV tonight and to my frustration it's fishing from 6:30 to 10:30. Like it was said earlier I don't mind the odd fishing show but if I want to watch fishing I will watch it on WFN. Love this Wild tv channel but getting sick of all the fishing shows.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Wild TV

Default Wild TV

You know Bulldog, Wild TV is a Hunting, FISHING, and Outdoors Channel.

Looks like it is split pretty well to me.

If you don't like it, turn it off.

Here is the programming list. Have a look for yourself.

www.wildtv.ca/pdf/2007_Q1_public.pdf
Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Wild TV

Default Wild TV

Is it still only Telus & Bell that carry the channel?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
kellyandbeth

Default Re: Wild TV

someone said shaw does it but as a pay per view kinda thing.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
grandslamer1

Default Re: Wild TV

i said it was pay per view ..
it is on shaws video on demand 2.99 per show
Old 04-04-2007, 07:43 PM
gunner 83

Default actually....

"but they should make it illegal to make the commercials so much louder than the programs."

FYI
technically the commercials aren't actually any louder, they and the program will read the same on the VU meters, its just that commericalls are heavily compressed which make them sound louder!!

***sorry...i'm in broadcasting and really into the technical aspects of things:\ :\ :\ ****
Old 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: actually....

well then FIX IT gunner!

geeesh....if your so dang smart and gotta rub it in....just a simple redneck here okay...don't be givin me this "well actually its not really louder its all about the compression of the giro flux capacitator" bullsh_t....just help us all out will ya!

You know what i'm talkin about...and i don't care what you say....when i'm downstairs workin out and gotta have the volume up to hear the show and then the commercials start and just about levitate the wife off the couch upstairs....its fricken louder man......compression my arse! You can compress 20db's more volume into those commercials can you?

Blake :lol
Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
gunner 83

Default Re: actually....

well 20db gain would probably ruin your speakers. Probably the best thing to do is write them and complain. It shouldn't be more than them adjusting some settings in the control room to ease things out a bit.