Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 PM
bigbore

Default Anyone else save money?

huge sale at wholesale sports in edmonton today, they must have been clearing out old stock to bring all the new 2007 rifles in:eek . if you bought a remington, tikka, or savage today, you got 40% off, and if you bought Bushnell elite 4200 scopes you got an additional 5% off the price of the rifle. felt like x-mas in April
Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 AM
grandslamer1

dude it was a hell of a sale got me a rem sendero 25-06 heavy barrel $321.00 plus gst there usally over 1300
Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 AM
209x50cal

Wholesale isn't open on Sundays or in this case April 1st....
Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 AM
MadMikee

I knew it was a joke when you said Wholesale Sports and huge sale all in the same sentance.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
packhuntr

8o ya gotta watch these guys!!!8o
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
bigbore

yeah it was a pretty lame last minute April fools joke
Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
RockyMtnx

You had me going for a minute!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:21 PM
shorthair

You had me right up to the part when you said "sale at Wholesale Sports":rollin
Old 04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
grandslamer1

well i did get my 25-06 real cheap eh bigbore lol
Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM
chef

sorry dude but april fools runs till noon on the day ..
Anyone trying a joke past the deadline is the only fool.:b
Good try though . im sure some hearts were racing .
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
cmfic1

Wouldnt matter what sale they had...................Not interested in that store or anything in it!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Baulde

What is the deal with wholesale ? I have yet to have problems in there. At least compared to Russel Sports, at russel service is the worst I have ever had.

Granted I've only been into wholesale in Calgary about 3 times. But there was actually someone willing to help.

If not those two places where do people here in Calgary go to buy guns ?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:05 PM
fallairfever

Baulde,
Thats funny I usually have the opposite experiance good at russels, usually not so good at wholesale.

Have you ever checked out the gun counter at the Canadian Tire at Mcleod and Southland? I was in there for the first time last week and it is pretty impressive, dont know about service I was just buying some 22 shells. It was not nearly the gong show that the other 2 are around lunch time, so you might want to check that out?
Good Luck FallAirFever
Old 04-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Baulde

Are you a young guy like me ? (26)
Ive talked to other guys around my age and I have heard many with the same experience at Russell's. The guys there seem to want to chat it up with old guys for hours and are really impatient with us.

Ive been to the Canadian tire, the fellow there was helpful but they only put one guy behind the counter and it is swamped down there.
I hope this Bass Pro shakes things up a little.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
fallairfever

well not quite as young as you, 33, today in fact. But I have to agree 100% about the old boys club around both russells and wholesales counters hard to get them to pay attention to you and if you catch a bit of the conversation they are just shoot the shyte, which is fine if you are on a coffee break but sheesh it can be pretty frusterating. I was sure happy with the attention I got up in Red Deer at back country sports and would have gone there to buy my 22 but I was in a bit of rush.
FallAirFever
Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 AM
whitetrail

i bought a rifle from wholesale in edmonton 2 years ago and had excellent service by a person by the name of doug.i spent roughly 2 hours with him on several different rifles and thats what made me buy one there.P.S;this was my first time purchasing a rifle.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
grandzillaa

Default Re: Not my favorite store

I Went in there once with a crossbow to see how much lbs it drew and I was told 110. Then the girl said to bad you can only use it for target practise as it is illegal to hunt with a crossbow under 150lbs. The fellow in the archery area said that is not true, you can hunt with a 100lb draw. The girl said when did that change?

Duh, what plant did she come from? She works there and yet....oh well what can you say?