Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2022, 03:17 PM

Default Krabi Thailand

Anyone been there? Not my first (or even third) rodeo in Thailand but usually go by myself so i already know what to do and where to go. This time may be going with somebody else, so have got to tone it down a bit. Chose Krabi as destination, looking for first hand experiences/recommendations... Places to go, things to see... Touristy stuff
Old 11-03-2022, 03:43 PM

We were there in 2015, We went to Ko Phi Phi , which was amazing, lots of people tho, Railay Beach which was nice , climbed the Tiger Temple, night market is pretty cool and we rented a moped and toured around.
Thailand is pretty cool.
in 2017 we went to Vietnam which I liked much better.
This coming February we booked for Malaisia, pretty excited about that.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
Anyone been there? Not my first (or even third) rodeo in Thailand but usually go by myself so i already know what to do and where to go. This time may be going with somebody else, so have got to tone it down a bit. Chose Krabi as destination, looking for first hand experiences/recommendations... Places to go, things to see... Touristy stuff
I've been there several times, most recently right before Covid.

The town of Krabi is ok as far as towns in Thailand go. It's usually best used as a transit hub for people catching a boat, bus, train, or plane - although there are some great hotels right in town and near the water.

Where you probably really want to stay (very close to Krabi) is Railay. It's a short longtail ride from Krabi and is an incredibly beautiful place - much more "Thailand" than Krabi is. Much quieter and much more scenic.

From there you can book all of the same day trips and activities that you would from Krabi, but you're staying in a much nicer place.

Hope that helps,

J
Old 11-03-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
We were there in 2015, We went to Ko Phi Phi , which was amazing, lots of people tho, Railay Beach which was nice , climbed the Tiger Temple, night market is pretty cool and we rented a moped and toured around.
Thailand is pretty cool.
in 2017 we went to Vietnam which I liked much better.
This coming February we booked for Malaisia, pretty excited about that.
Spend as much time as possible in Penang. By far my favourite place in Malaysia. KL was cool the rest was blah.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:58 PM

Haven't been to Krabi for 22 years. A cool thing to do is check out the Tiger Cave Temple and take the steps up to the temple at the top (construction was just starting when I was there). It's 1260 steps to the top, so eat your Wheaties and take some water along. It is a pretty darn nice viewpoint when you get up. There was also a "jungle tour" that took you for a stroll through the bush and brought you to some hot springs and a mineral water pool.

I just took a look online at the above attractions that I partook in 22 years ago. Definitely more developed (and expensive) than it was.