Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Default Looking for a hunting partner for the 2011 rifle season.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a hunting partner for the 2011 rifle season. I currently live Calgary. I usually hunt in sections 304, 305, 308, 310. I hunt whitetail, mule deer, elk and moose, provided I get my draw. I like to get out about 4-5 times, more if work allows me to. If you would like to get together to hunt please feel free to send me a msg. Anyone is welcome!

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Default Hey there

I hunt some of those zones as well and it would be nice to see a change of scenery and possibly form some new landowner relations. What draws are you expecting to get?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Im down, I just moved here few years ago from the west coast live in chestermere. Don't know anyone. I work for an oil company and get all the diesel we can burn so im in for weekend trips aswell as longer ones.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply, I know hunting season isn't till October/November but I thought I might as well start looking for some people that would like to go hunting with me. This year I have my draws for a bull moose in 304, I'm priority 6 so I'm hoping I get it this year, been 7 years since my last draw. I also got draws for cow elk but had that one last year, as well as mule deer buck and doe in the same zone. I like 304 cause I have permission to hunt his land and if need be can get him to haul my kill out by horse for a price if need be. Whitetail and bull elk are general in all those zones. I hunt with my savage 300 win mag, and really can't wait to get out this season, and would love to try to go black bear hunting in the spring of 2012. I also like to go out to homestead rifle range to target shoot if your interested. We should all get together for a drink and talk, you guys feel free to drop me a line at kevin_allen_blane@gmail.com, or here is just fine too, looking forward to hearing from you guys, the more people we have the better chance we have I think.

Kevin
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 AM

sorry to burst your bubble but you will have to wait til next year or the year after for your bull moose. the draw stats for that zone show last year you had to be a priority 8 to be drawn. where is this homestead target range? My gf and I are 7mm RM ppl and are hard after the bull and cow elk this yr. If a whiteail happens to get in the way thats his problem
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Yeah I saw that as well but a guy could always dream can't he? Lol it'll be a year or two before I get my bull moose I think. The homestead rifle range is about 45min west of Calgary, right down highway 1 to hwy 68 turn off, it's in the sibbald creek area, if you google it you'll be able to find a map to it, everytimr I've gone it's packed full so you might have to wait to get a table but it's a nice range for sure, it's all free of charge too! They also have a shotgun range there if your in to skeet shooting.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 AM

I should have mentioned I go out there quite a bit and if you wanted to go out sometime to the rifle range you could tag along we could target shoot together, you can bring your gf, mine comes out with me all the time
Old 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM

I've been wanting to get to a range this summer. I have a 7mm my Dad gave me 2 years ago and a box of shells for it. I have yet to even put the bolt in it.
The scope was just thrown on, so I need to sight it in sometime.
I noticed the Sibbald range last weekend after visiting a friend at the campground.

Tags
2011, calgary, hunting, partner, rifle