Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 07:41 AM

Default Backup Camera / Camera Setup

I'm looking for some sort of a cheaper option of a camera system. The function is gonna be used on the back end of a round baler, for couple things to see people approaching and obstacles but mostly to see that the bale has tied properly before I take off in case there is a problem to be fixed.

Been doing some looking on Amazon at some kits for under $100 which is ideal but question the lifespan of those products. I have installed dozens of the Voyager camera kits for air-speeding equipment in 4wd tractors but don't want to spend that kind of money
Does anyone have any experience with some of these sort of kits.?
A wireless system would be ideal
Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM

With the price of China supplied cameras and transmitter/receivers, you could assembly a dependable wireless system for under $100.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:46 AM

I would be mindful on the range of a wireless system. I bought one from Costco for my 5'ver. Wired it so it was on and I could keep an eye on my old boat behind the trailer. It cut in and out constantly, only about 30' away. A friend of mine has one hardwired for the same purpose as me, that works really well, but its a tiny security camera, not a 'backup camera' proper.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:57 PM

I bought 2 off ebay from chine $34 each wireless with back up sensors have one on my skid steer works great and one on my snow plow truck works great. Both are on continually while vehicles running forward or back. No problems so far