Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-13-2016, 10:47 PM

Default Obsession Bows ?

What's people's thoughts on these Bows , I shot a couple at the show few months ago they shot ok just little heavy I thought . Are they good ?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Banned

Heavy compared to what? The PSE Decree is light at 3.7lbs, but other than that I'd say they are average weight. The Hoyt defiant is 4-4.3lbs, the Bowtech BTX is 4.2lbs, the Mathews Halon is 4.6lbs, and the Elite Impulse is 4.2lbs. I'm assuming you're talking about the def con series which weighs 4.2lbs, so I'd say they are about average. The Mathews Halon is a heavy bow when compared to all other flagship bows.

I bought one and with it set up for hunting it weighs 6.19lbs which is the same weight as my Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo was when it was set up for hunting. They balance really well without any stabilizer on them, and they are so vibe free at the shot I find you don't need a stabilizer at all. I played around a lot with stabilizers from little weight to lots of weight and found I shot it best with no stabilizer.

They're fast, quiet, smooth drawing, solid back wall, excellent valley that's adjustable, dead at the shot, and come with the most color and camo patterns available to choose from on the market, with even the color of the cams and strings (they use America's Best Bowstrings) as an option, not to mention a fit and finish that is second to none. I'm not a brand loyal kind of guy, I've owned PSE, Mathews and Darton bows, and I've got Bear, Bowtech, and Hoyt bows in my locker right now, but this new Obsession Def Con is by far my favorite bow to date. It's like getting a custom built bow at factory prices.

I haven't shot a whole lot at long rang yet, but I shot this group at 80yds with no stabilizer.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Heavy compared to what? The PSE Decree is light at 3.7lbs, but other than that I'd say they are average weight. The Hoyt defiant is 4-4.3lbs, the Bowtech BTX is 4.2lbs, the Mathews Halon is 4.6lbs, and the Elite Impulse is 4.2lbs. I'm assuming you're talking about the def con series which weighs 4.2lbs, so I'd say they are about average. The Mathews Halon is a heavy bow when compared to all other flagship bows.

I bought one and with it set up for hunting it weighs 6.19lbs which is the same weight as my Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo was when it was set up for hunting. They balance really well without any stabilizer on them, and they are so vibe free at the shot I find you don't need a stabilizer at all. I played around a lot with stabilizers from little weight to lots of weight and found I shot it best with no stabilizer.

They're fast, quiet, smooth drawing, solid back wall, excellent valley that's adjustable, dead at the shot, and come with the most color and camo patterns available to choose from on the market, with even the color of the cams and strings (they use America's Best Bowstrings) as an option, not to mention a fit and finish that is second to none. I'm not a brand loyal kind of guy, I've owned PSE, Mathews and Darton bows, and I've got Bear, Bowtech, and Hoyt bows in my locker right now, but this new Obsession Def Con is by far my favorite bow to date. It's like getting a custom built bow at factory prices.

I haven't shot a whole lot at long rang yet, but I shot this group at 80yds with no stabilizer.

Any idea if there is an edmonton dealer for them yet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2016, 02:25 PM

I really need to avoid all threads regarding obsession bows. Kurt, if you say it's that much more enjoyable than all your other bows, it must be outstanding.
That's some typical 18 yard shooting. ...80? Nice going
Old 05-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
Any idea if there is an edmonton dealer for them yet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
None here yet, but I'm working on it
Old 05-14-2016, 06:52 PM

Default Bow

I as well am not stuck on certain brand I have owned several bows and I have had good ones and not so good ones . I will give these another shot I am mostly hunting so what's there big seller seems they have lots to choose from , thanks for the info
Old 05-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Banned

The flagship is the Def Con 6, or Def Con M7, the K series are the K 32 and K 34, these are the bows directed towards the hunting crowd with the Def Con 6 being the fastest with a 32" ATA and the Def Con 7 and K 34 being a little more forgiving.

I shot a BTX, Defiant, Decree, I31, and a Halon 6 this year and bought the Def Con 6.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:10 PM

Ox archery. In Airdrie sells Obsession bows. Look them up. I have 2. They are a dream to shoot.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:49 AM

look up balanced archery on facebook and message him I'm sure he said he can bring them in, he is in Edmonton
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-16-2016, 11:36 PM

Default in stock obsession bows at oc archery

Hey Guys! thanks for inquiring about Obsession bows, we are currently Canadas Largest Dealer for these bows.

We currently have over 25+ in stock and ready to go or be shipped out!

We are located in Airdrie and we are open 7 days a week. We can be reached at 587.775.7793

our facebook page is www.facebook.com/outdoorcomrades

Attachment 121636

Attachment 121637

Attachment 121638

Attachment 121639

Attachment 121640

Last edited by lilsundance; 05-22-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Default Bows

Nice bows for sure , I shot some last week Defcon 6 I think is what I would buy