Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Default New to Edm looking for hunting partners/advice

Hi, I just moved to Edmonton from Montreal and am looking for some advice on good places to go hunting or even better partner up for this coming season. I've been deer hunting for the last 5-6 years, the first few bow hunting and have switched to riffle over the last few years. I also really enjpy hunting for small game such as grouse, etc. I am far from being an expert, just enjoy going out in the bush to try my luck.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Default hunting partner wanted

Hi guys,

I live in Edmonton, in unit 248. I have hunted for a long time, but this will be my first season with the bow. I am an easy going guy with a great respect for nature and hunting and would like to find some like minded people to hunt with. If anyone is interested let me know. You can also contact me via email at john.dvm@gmail.com.

Cheers,

John
Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 AM

Hi everybody,
I'm looking for someone to hunt with this bow season for moose. I've been hunting for a few years now and decided to try my luck with the bow this year, never been moose hunting before and I'm looking for someone to help me learn more about it. I've done some scouting and know areas to find moose in 344.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 AM

i am looking for a partner in germany
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM

Default Central AB

Just moved here from nova scotia, Looking to see if someone wants to hunt around central AB looking to tag my first Elk, and hopefully a big ol white tail

Also Looking to go out with seasoned elk hunters gun free as I would like to learn some skills, ( calling and stalking, etc...) always willing to help pack an animal out.

I am an experienced hunter, tagged deer, bear, and moose. not looking to be baby sat, quite self sufficient, just trying to gain some knowledge and respect from the more experienced hunters.

Thanks
FL
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM

I have a 108 Mule deer tag this year. If you do to, let me know, maybe we could hunt together?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM

Default Birds

Hello everyone. My wife and I live in Airdrie and we are getting all geared up to shoot some ducks and geese. It's going to be our first time and was wondering if anyone would help us out with somewhere to shoot, impart of their knowledge or even better arrange a time when we could bag some birds together. Willing to answer any questions you may have and take the guidence you provide. Thanks all and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Default fly-in moose hunt

Hi. I have a fly-in moose hunt booked for this fall in northern alberta and my hunting buddy had to back out yesterday. Looking for someone to join me (hunting and/or fishing) up north for the last week of sept. Good deal at $1400.
please pm me for details
Thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270WSMAGNUM View Post
So I figure I'm fast approaching a record of time spent in the bush looking for a bear with no harvest. And I'm getting a little ticked frankly!! Can anyone help a guy out? Anywhere within a few hours of Calgary please... Thanks!!
I know lots of places bear
Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM

I have simialr issue with my son, he is busy with work and wife and young man's life. I'm retired and am looking for a hunter/fisherman in the same situation, interested in skilled, sedate, quality hunting and fishing, past the "kill everything you see" stage and into the "quality experience stage". My wife is opposed (i.e. read "adamantly" opposed) to me hunting and fishing alone for safety reasons. I fly fish in summer, hunt ducks, geese, whitetail in the fall. I live in Sherwood Park. Looking forward to hearing back if you are interested in teaming up.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM

I am relatively new to hunting... Lethbridge Area..

Also looking for someone to partner up with for waterfowl season.. even one trip would be a huge learning experience for me (I have the etiquette, don't worry.)

PM me if interested.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:27 AM

Hey everyone! Complete newbie here, both to the whole forum thing and first time hunter! I've got my PAL and hunter training certificate, so maybe not TOO green. Looking for someone to show me the ropes of hunting, I've got a reliable truck and trailer, my own guns (30-30, SKS & 12ga) and tons of ammo. Looking for someone/some people to go out with for whitetail. No idea where to go etc... Weekends free, as well as an entire week this fall, exact dates tbd. Ride for free with me as well! I'm in Edmonton and driving 3 or 4 hours isnt an issue. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 AM

I'm from Olds area looking for someone to go duck and geese hunting with coming this fall. I have gear for a field hunt decoys and lay down blind. I'm bit new to hunting been out 4 times last year with some luck. But I would like to find a older person with experience i could learn from. I also hunt pheasant and fly fish. If you live around me and have some questions maybe we can meet up and have coffee.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM

new to hunting. looking for a few new friends to teach me the art of hunting. would like to shoot some gophers and possibly white tail in the fall. willing to drive multiple hours from home(edmonton), and pay my share of costs. would also be interested in tagging along and helping with hunt(carrying equipment or game). im a very motivated learner and hoping to find a positive mentor/friend. i come from a non hunting family and hope to change that for my kids. if interested i am a 27 year old male. thank you for reading and considering. good luck this fall.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 PM

Hi guys,

I have lived in Calgary for over four years now and have yet to explore any of the local hunting/pond hopping. I have been hunting for almost ten years and usually fly back to Ontario for duck/pheasant season as well as drive down to SE Sask for geese/ducks.

I am not a hardcore hunter. Just a guy with a lot of patience and a large passion for being out in some foreign eco system.

If anyone has some advice, I would love to have it.

I am currently going through the list of public access land in the Calgary area and am planning on driving around those areas over the next few weekends. If I can find something suitable for even one day this fall I would be ecstatic.

Areas I am looking at are as follows:
Sheep Rive
Weed Lake
Namaka

Thanks in advance,
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 AM

hoping to find a huntin partner in high prairie area, beginer hunter 2nd year going, i hope to get a bear or anything with my bow this year if you want to tag along pm me
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 PM

Hey, looking for a hunting partner to do some white tail, elk, potentially mule deer hunting,and some waterfowl for sure too. I am working on some permission, so not necessarily looking to move in on your area, but if you have some lang we can hunt on, I'm not going to turn it down. I'm new in Alberta and would prefer not to go hunting alone, so hopefully there is someone else out there in the same boat.

I've been hunting for.. more than a decade, and have successfully hunted deer, moose, geese, ducks and some small game. I'm in my mid 20s and work in a professional field (desk jockey) but am not really picky about who I go hunting with so long as safety is #1.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 AM

will build camp and not
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM

Default Second week of September

20 yr old bow hunter looking for a partner for hunting the second week of September. I have it booked off from work to get out for the week before my 6 week ironworker school starts.
I would love to get out and explore the mountains for some elk or deer. I've spent some time in 410 and 316 down by Canmore and also the Cadomin area. I also know my way around 504/502 areas pretty well.

Pm me if interested.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Default looking for hunting partner/coach in southern alberta

I moved to YYC in 2006 from Europe. I have completed my hunters ed last year and i am looking for a buddy to go out and see some wildlife.
I am interested in Waterfowl, White Tail, maybe upland Birds, phesants and Coyotes.
I am 43 and easy going. Being from Switzerland I have a background in Military and I have been handling Firearms all my life but not hunting.

I am looking for somebody reliable and ethnical who can learn me the ropes. No Cowboy whos not playing by the rules. Ive seen that before.

I dont have a lot of money but I have time and I am not afraid of work.

Drop me a line if we can hook up would be great.

Tom
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Hey folks, I have a few prospects for this fall, and I had some property lined up for myself but it fell through (friend's family sold the land).
So if anyone wants a new hunter (second season) along, I'd be more than willing.
I'll pitch for gas, or drive, have pretty much all my own gear and am in decent shape.
23 years old, electrician, born and raised in alberta, love the outdoors and recently married.
Shoot me a pm if you wanna get together for a brew or 2, or even just a coffee.
Located in Edmonton, north side.
Schian
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Default Waterfowl Hunting - New to it

Hi there,

Me and a buddy (30-32 yrs) have both be thinking about getting out and trying our hands at some ducks and geese this year. Both of us are from the Calgary area.

I am an experienced trap shooter, often shooting down at the Calgary Firearms Center in Dewinton. I also shoot sporting clays and have gone big game hunting, and pheasant hunting in the past.

Anywho, if anyone is looking for a couple of "good dudes" to shoot with PM me. We have the gear, we have the drive, we just need someone with the experience.

Thanks,
Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Hi,
I just moved to Edmonton and I am looking for a hunting partner for deer, coyotes and/or waterfowl.
I am an experienced trap and rifle shooter but never got into duck or geese hunting yet. So I would like to learn all about it.

I have hunted deer before but I need someone to share his "hunting wisdom" with me and also a helping hand . Also I have no idea where to start out in the Edmonton area.

Hey @swisscheese, I am from Germany so maybe we should get together and share our experience

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Default WMU 408 Elk

I was drawn for 6 pt bull elk in WMU 408 this year. Looking for a partner who was also drawn for elk in WMU 408. I plan on archery hunting the zone first, then switching to rifle later, if necessary.

I'm a late 30's experienced archery and rife hunter living in Calgary. I'm a serious hunter and generally spend each weekend out in the bush. Prefer hunting with my boots and backpack in remote areas. I know WMU 408 fairly well. Looking for someone who shares my passion for K-country and for getting away from the crowds on foot.

PM me if interested.

Kevin
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Need a sheep hunting partner!

I have a short (4 day) sheep hunt planned for the Sept long weekend.I will be heading into Willmore through rock lake. All three of my normal hunting partners have backed out at the last minute for various reasons.

Anyone who is in decent shape and doesn't mind putting a few miles on, is more than welcome to come.
And of course if your willing to help on the hunt you get to help eat the spoils!!

If you're interested PM for more info.

I have been hunting moose and deer for a little over 10 years. I'm fairly easy going and love to be in the great outdoors.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Waterfowl Partner In GP Area

Hey guys im not new to the area But new to Waterfowl Hunting up in the GP Area, I am looking for someone to tag along with for a trip or two this year, I have a 3 year old Black lab that I also want to have a go with this year and would Like to be able to Bring him out for a trip ? Let me Know VIA PM
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 AM

Default Goose hunting tutor?

Hello all. Looking to try my hand at goose hunting this fall. Was all set up to go with an AO member last fall and ended up in hospital. Lost his contact info so maybe he will see this again. I have nothing other than a gun and huge determination.
I am an ethical hunter who believes the rules are here for a reason. Spent lots of time as a small kid as my grandpas retriever and loved being out in the field. Have hunted big game for over 20 years now but just have not had the opportunity to try out the waterfowl side of things.
Willing to help with scouting,driving,fuel or whatever else is required. I live in Winfield(about 80 kms west of wetaskiwin) and am willing to drive up to 4 hours. PM or email me if interested.
Thanks Rod Heeney
Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Hey there! I'm a 27 year old student/restaurant worker living in Calgary. I've been hunting hare (so far unsuccessfully), but apart from that have no hunting experience. I have a great deal of experience in the outdoors, and frequently camp and hike alone in the backcountry of Alberta. I'd love to get some deer meat for the freezer this season, but would also like to learn from a seasoned hunter. If you're interested in teaching, I'm interested in learning. I can bring my .308 or leave it at home and just help. I'm a quiet learner dedicated to ethical hunting.

EDIT: I should mention that I have a car and will pitch on gas and any other expenses.

Last edited by wasteland.soldier; 08-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM

Default white tail

I have most of what i need. Want to try upland birds (have in the past), WT deer, maybe bear, duck and goose.

Would like help and knowledge. I would like an old mentor (no age limit) but I will settle for closer to my age (31)
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Default 1st nations hunter

I like to hunt, anything. as long as I can eat it. the trophy is secondary to me. as a result of being first nation i have no season and no tag limits so whatever your into hunting so am I. I live in Calgary area. hunting with a savage 99 in 308 lever action.

msg me