Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1414 View Post
Yes sir I would!!!!! You should read up on our treaty’s before you start making accusations. As for cutting antlers up no big deal either for me and I’m sure almost any other First Nation hunter. But again that’s not what was written into the treaty’s and as long as the sun shines the grass grows and the river flows our treaty’s are in effect.
So you would be okay with receiving only the benefits specifically mentioned in the treaty? I have read a few treaties, there is no mention of medical or dental treatment, or university education, or homes with running water, electricity and central heat in them, so if we honor the treaties exactly as written, why should the taxpayers pay for those things for individuals effected by the treaties? And if you read the treaties, several even have a clause that stipulates that the government reserves the right to regulate hunting and fishing as they seem necessary.

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/11.../1100100028803

Quote:
And Her Majesty the Queen hereby agrees with her said Indians, that they shall have right to pursue their vocations of hunting throughout the Tract surrendered as heretofore described, subject to such regulations as may, from time to time, be made by the Government of the country, acting under the authority of Her Majesty and saving and excepting such Tracts as may be required or taken up from time to time for settlement, mining, trading or other purposes by Her Government of Canada; or by any of Her Majesty's subjects duly authorized therefor by the said Government.
So you see, I have taken the time to actually read the texts of a few treaties.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-09-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;4071160]So you would be okay with receiving only the benefits specifically mentioned in the treaty? I have read a few treaties, there is no mention of medical or dental treatment, or university education, or homes with running water, electricity and central heat in them, so if we honor the treaties exactly as written, why should the taxpayers pay for those things for individuals effected by the treaties? And if you read the treaties, several even have a clause that stipulates that the government reserves the right to regulate hunting and fishing as they seem necessary.

I bought and payed for my home and land and do pay taxes. Your privilege to hunt will be long gone before the First Nations right to hunt then waiting 5 years for a draw will be short. So sick of this crap if you don’t like it then move it’s not going to change. I’m glad you have read the treaties top to bottom and I’m happy you understand them. But reamber we hunt by right not privilege like you sir.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Sam1414;4071172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So you would be okay with receiving only the benefits specifically mentioned in the treaty? I have read a few treaties, there is no mention of medical or dental treatment, or university education, or homes with running water, electricity and central heat in them, so if we honor the treaties exactly as written, why should the taxpayers pay for those things for individuals effected by the treaties? And if you read the treaties, several even have a clause that stipulates that the government reserves the right to regulate hunting and fishing as they seem necessary.

I bought and payed for my home and land and do pay taxes. Your privilege to hunt will be long gone before the First Nations right to hunt then waiting 5 years for a draw will be short. So sick of this crap if you don’t like it then move it’s not going to change. I’m glad you have read the treaties top to bottom and I’m happy you understand them. But reamber we hunt by right not privilege like you sir.
Fortunately, I hunt primarily on private land, and if sport hunting ends there, I can guarantee that the owners will not be granting access to non regulated hunters. As one land owner told me, nobody will have more hunting rights on his land than he does.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:11 PM

So.... how were the numbers this year?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Forfeiture of all skull plates. Cutting in half like alaska does nothing aside from not being eligible for B&C. Register animal for harvest counts and forfeit skulls from all untagged kills. Easy peasy. After all, it is all about the meat so shouldn't be any arguments?
Want to keep the trophy, buy the tag
Yes, ALL supplemental tags
WDF
Old 12-09-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Yes, ALL supplemental tags
WDF
are you referring to land owners tags when you refer to supplemental tags?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;4071179]
Quote:
Fortunately, I hunt primarily on private land, and if sport hunting ends there, I can guarantee that the owners will not be granting access to non regulated hunters. As one land owner told me, nobody will have more hunting rights on his land than he does.
That’s great I own 8 quarters of good moose land and have a few quarters of leased land. 👍 won’t hurt me at all.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Yes, treat them the same way so everyone is equal is all.
WDF
Old 12-09-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
WDF
I was just looking for clarification. Actually that’s a fair trade. I will forfeit my landowners tag if fn rights are no more. That’s fair. I actually agree with you
Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I was just looking for clarification. Actually that’s a fair trade. I will forfeit my landowners tag if fn rights are no more. That’s fair. I actually agree with you
*crikckets* now

And I will anti up and do the same
Old 12-09-2019, 08:07 PM

I personally know many landowners on here that would do the same fair trade. I’m sure some more will chime in now
Old 12-09-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing he doesn't understand the purpose of a landowner tag if he doesn't know the actual terminology of said tag
Old 12-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

Keep dreaming will never happen. We will not see the demise of fn treaty rights in our lifetimes. FN subsistence hunters are not looking for deer I can guarantee you that.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Sam1414;4071172]
Quote:

I don’t Know where you get off thinking you can spout crap like you did here with impunity , but you sir give every decent Status native a bad name .
You make it sound like you are the type of guy who goes out and shoots animals any time you want to because of “ privilege” yet by your own admission you do not to actually need to hunt for subsistence .
I personally have lots of status friends but I don’t give a dam for the treaties when people like you start spouting crap
like this .
You are the kind of person who just loves politicians like. Trudeau simply because he keeps apologizing for crap that happened long before our time .
Cat
Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Keep dreaming will never happen. We will not see the demise of fn treaty rights in our lifetimes. FN subsistence hunters are not looking for deer I can guarantee you that.
It wasn’t my suggestion. I was just agreeing with the other party that it would be a fair tradsies
Old 12-09-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
WDF
In case you didn’t read that one
Old 12-09-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
You are full of it I know of several who have targeted and killed at least two big racked bucks each this fall as well as big racked bull elk .
Nothing to do with subsistence and everything to do with killing big racks .
Cat
Old 12-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Banned

we have users telling people not to share photos from metis hunters, we have others accusing non aboriginal people of being metis/treaty, we have others demanding first nations rights be abolished all while some pretend theres no bashing going on.

All of which has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

You are full of it I know of several who have targeted and killed at least two big racked bucks each this fall as well as big racked bull elk .
Nothing to do with subsistence and everything to do with killing big racks .
Cat
i too am aware of a few tagless horn hunters from the cold lake south to frog lake area. Hell, I know status fn that hunt for horn on Métis settlements which, from what I understand is against the rules so they say
Old 12-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
we have users telling people not to share photos from metis hunters, we have others accusing non aboriginal people of being metis/treaty, we have others demanding first nations rights be abolished all while some pretend theres no bashing going on.

All of which has nothing to do with this thread.
I won’t sit back and take crap like that when someone decides to rub my nose in it because they are status and I am white .
Cay
Old 12-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I won’t sit back and take crap like that when someone decides to rub my nose in it because they are status and I am white .
Cay
what do you expect when theres 4 pages of anti first nations posts happening? Someones going to stand up for their treaty rights and their people.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
what do you expect when theres 4 pages of anti first nations posts happening? Someones going to stand up for their treaty rights and their people.
I am not of that ilk and do not start trying to throw me in there either .
Cat
Old 12-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default Skwf23

Quote:
Cay
Ok partner nobody is rubbing your nose in anything. All I’m getting at is if a fn hunter wants to shoot a mature animal that’s there business not yours or anyone else’s for that matter who really cares. And who are you to tell me that I don’t need to hunt just because I own my home and ranch and pay taxes. Maybe my wife and myself enjoy eating healthy traditional food did you ever think of that.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yep thanks for that seems like a lot of racist people on this joke of a forum.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Sam1414;4071194]
Quote:

That’s great I own 8 quarters of good moose land and have a few quarters of leased land. 👍 won’t hurt me at all.
Question? Do you let all your cousins come and hunt on your land?
Pretty sure it wouldn’t be good moose land if you did
Old 12-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Yep thanks for that seems like a lot of racist people on this joke of a forum.
Easy fix Then bloody well leave it if you think this forum is a joke.
That is your rite and privilege .
Cat
Old 12-09-2019, 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=marky_mark;4071297]
Quote:

Question? Do you let all your cousins come and hunt on your land?
Pretty sure it wouldn’t be good moose land if you did
You sure messed up that quote, you made it appear like I posted it.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Ok partner nobody is rubbing your nose in anything. All I’m getting at is if a fn hunter wants to shoot a mature animal that’s there business not yours or anyone else’s for that matter who really cares. And who are you to tell me that I don’t need to hunt just because I own my home and ranch and pay taxes. Maybe my wife and myself enjoy eating healthy traditional food did you ever think of that.
nobody was singling you or your wife out. Simply just saying that lots of fn people take advantage of there right to hunt without obtaining a tag or applying in the draw. Taking advantage of that is fine as I take advantage of my right to obtain a landowners tag. I guess what isn’t right in my mind is taking advantage of said rights and going out and shooting many bucks in hope that one might be a wall hanger once the hunter gets up and inspects it. If not, let’s go get a bigger one. Some do this. Know one said you do.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:33 PM

This is a Wainwright hunting thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Banned

Hes only got 10 posts chances are he’s just someone else from the forum. Saying what they truly feel
Closed Thread