Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-20-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
no but I will keep them off my land and hopefully others do the same
Sometimes you just can't succeed in doing that... Remembering this incident.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
no but I will keep them off my land and hopefully others do the same
For now maybe. In time, I can't see it. It's not really YOUR land you just paid for it and pay taxes on it...
Old 03-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Banned

Reilly...... 1100 metis harvesters.....

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Let me guess, you quit your job as a bridge salesman to be the face of legalized poaching?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:24 PM

It appears public land hunting and fishing opportunities for licenced hunters will end soon. Will have to be very rich too hunt or fish in the future on private lands. Was warned 40 years ago by a old timer from Europe. This reality just starting. Never thought it would happen this quick but it did quietly.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Your concern is that unregulated individual hunting rights might not have enough controls in place?

While supporting unregulated hunting rights....

You could have used this comment to prove your lineage.
Hah. This made me laugh but yes I support their right to hunt but want to avoid the bs that's going on out east. You arent going to get a ban on hunting. The courts have already decided this.

On an unrelated note if ones settlement is in 2 zones theyll have access to multiple zones. Was able to confirm this.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=R3illy;3949671]Hah. This made me laugh but yes I support their right to hunt but want to avoid the bs that's going on out east. You arent going to get a ban on hunting. The courts have already decided this.

On an unrelated note if ones settlement is in 2 zones theyll have access to multiple zones. Was able to confirm this.[/QUOTE

The only people who support this are the ones that benefit from it!

I’d love to see consultations Canada wide to remove ALL native hunting and fishing rights
If we are all equal, then we are all equal!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
It appears public land hunting and fishing opportunities for licenced hunters will end soon. Will have to be very rich too hunt or fish in the future on private lands. Was warned 40 years ago by a old timer from Europe. This reality just starting. Never thought it would happen this quick but it did quietly.
If anyone thinks this is a new thing, it's not. Like your European friend predicted, our public hunting opportunities began to erode many years ago..long before 1980. We are seeing an acceleration of that erosion in the last few years. The Good Old Days are now !
Old 03-20-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
For now maybe. In time, I can't see it. It's not really YOUR land you just paid for it and pay taxes on it...
the title is in my name so I will control who comes on and who stays out
Old 03-20-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Sometimes you just can't succeed in doing that... Remembering this incident.
yes I remember these poachers/trespassers
Old 03-20-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
That was one of the complaints they had. Seems private land access was a issue and they want the nation to do something about it.
the government can buy me out and give it back if they like
Old 03-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Banned

Where did the mad trapper go?

Lol

Anyone who contributes to the conservation of wildlife should be given an opportunity to harvest wildlife, they certainly should not be considered trash. If by chance the harvesting opportunity gets revoked to those who actually contribute to the conservation of wildlife, who will be responsible for the conservation efforts, the stewards of the land????

It won’t be long after that the contributing faction will be invited back to enter a draw at a potential hunt.

I know several metis harvesters, a couple have started excersising their “rights” a couple years ago now. Whacking muley does and cow moose on their land by Athabasca and in Peachland BC, lol. Actually just shot a mule doe off his deck about a month ago. This is what we have to look forward to now. It won’t be so funny for the treaties because now they’ll have way more competition for that crown land moose than ever before. If they were worried about a hand full of licensed hunters before, they got a rude awakening coming.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Where did the mad trapper go?

Lol

Anyone who contributes to the conservation of wildlife should be given an opportunity to harvest wildlife, they certainly should not be considered trash. If by chance the harvesting opportunity gets revoked to those who actually contribute to the conservation of wildlife, who will be responsible for the conservation efforts, the stewards of the land????

It won’t be long after that the contributing faction will be invited back to enter a draw at a potential hunt.

I know several metis harvesters, a couple have started excersising their “rights” a couple years ago now. Whacking muley does and cow moose on their land by Athabasca and in Peachland BC, lol. Actually just shot a mule doe off his deck about a month ago. This is what we have to look forward to now. It won’t be so funny for the treaties because now they’ll have way more competition for that crown land moose than ever before. If they were worried about a hand full of licensed hunters before, they got a rude awakening coming.
you hit the nail on the head this is so true
Old 03-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
the government can buy me out and give it back if they like
LOL
It was the Metis harvesters (Poachers?) complaining to the Metis Nation. The Alberta people (Courtesy of the NDP Gov) have already done all they can by prostituting ourselves out to this organization. The NDP obviously have turned *****-ish in trying to get votes.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
LOL
It was the Metis harvesters (Poachers?) complaining to the Metis Nation. The Alberta people (Courtesy of the NDP Gov) have already done all they can by prostituting ourselves out to this organization. The NDP obviously have turned *****-ish in trying to get votes.
they can buy me out as well
Old 03-20-2019, 05:15 PM

Years ago the FW in Ontario sprayed wolf scent to chase away the moose from road hunters,well there's and old song that comes to mind.Roll out the barrel,will have a barrel of fun and repeat.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Banned

Well back to the topic at hand... come Sept theres going to be a lot of new hunting options for metis. With all the attitude shown here it would be awesome to see all the harvests posted on the forum here.

As much as I'd like to see some middle ground on rules/tracking I get reminded of all the hate that's out there and think forget about it. Keep it the way it is.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Well back to the topic at hand... come Sept theres going to be a lot of new hunting options for metis. With all the attitude shown here it would be awesome to see all the harvests posted on the forum here.

As much as I'd like to see some middle ground on rules/tracking I get reminded of all the hate that's out there and think forget about it. Keep it the way it is.
Makes sense. Wishing decimation of all our game animals due to spite because of a forum. I honestly feel sorry for you. Sad.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:43 PM

As a Métis hunter my hunting area as defined by the CONSERVATIVE government [that we never agreed with] in 2010 was a 160 km radius of Lac st Anne.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
As a Métis hunter my hunting area as defined by the CONSERVATIVE government [that we never agreed with] in 2010 was a 160 km radius of Lac st Anne.
I’m just wondering if you buy a tag, contribute to any conservation groups or participate in any land reclamation or remediation?
Old 03-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

Nothing makes you happier than to stir the pot on this forum. Rubbing it in the faces of licensed hunters turns you on. I can’t wait to see the smoke on your face from the backfire. Lol.

Like I said, I’ve got lots of metis friends, I hunt with them all the time.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM

http://albertametis.com/wp-content/u...Letterhead.pdf
Old 03-20-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I’m just wondering if you buy a tag, contribute to any conservation groups or participate in any land reclamation or remediation?
Really,lol, that’s what you wonder about,
Old 03-20-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I am a Métis harvester I might shoot an elk and a deer most of my friends buy every tag they can get and shoot way more than they need, I make sure to buy a couple licenses a year to contribute my couple bucks, there are definitely some bad apples who abuse their right but the vast majority does not, despite what everyone thinks it is not a free for all just because you have a Métis card don’t mean you can automatically hunt you have to prove you meet the powley requirements, fish cop in peace river told me there are currently 1100 recognized Métis harvesters in Alberta who completed their paperwork and can hunt this deal has the same requirements, I can definitely understand people being angry but don’t lump every Métis person into the same category because of a few bad apples
Old 03-20-2019, 07:42 PM

They sure won’t drop the southern Alberta thing. They may as well shoot all the antelope and what’s left of any decent size mule deer as well.
When you boys are down there getting signed up see if they have any extra stickers kicking around.
Give you 50 bucks for one.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
I am a Métis harvester I might shoot an elk and a deer most of my friends buy every tag they can get and shoot way more than they need, I make sure to buy a couple licenses a year to contribute my couple bucks, there are definitely some bad apples who abuse their right but the vast majority does not, despite what everyone thinks it is not a free for all just because you have a Métis card don’t mean you can automatically hunt you have to prove you meet the powley requirements, fish cop in peace river told me there are currently 1100 recognized Métis harvesters in Alberta who completed their paperwork and can hunt this deal has the same requirements, I can definitely understand people being angry but don’t lump every Métis person into the same category because of a few bad apples
I don’t think it’ll be so much the piles of moose or elk stacked up that will be as prolific, it will be the trophy animals shot in August or January and February. A guy shoots a 150” buck in August, sees a 160 in October so he shoots it, a 180 in February and shoots that one too.

Once there is no hope it will turn into a free for all. Who cares if they take away your hunting priveledges if there’s nothing left to hunt? Albertans will be flying to Iowa for a trophy hunt, haha.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

The “hatred” is the blatant disregard for sustainable harvesting of wildlife

I’ve hunted many many reserves in the us

The difference is staggering

In the us, on most reserves the tribal members need a license, they have to pay for it, they have season, they have a limit, they reintroduce species that been extirpated, if there’s a limited number of animals they have a draw for the right to hunt them, if they want to shoot let’s say a trophy buffalo, they have to pay the same amount as you or I, they are respectful of the land, they manage the wildlife for future generations, and they put the animals ahead of the people’s needs. Even if residents need food, they have to exhaust every option including food stamps before they are given 1 tag for sustinance

Here, there is free reign to do whatever you want. There is no planning for the future. There is no sustainable harvest. There is just greed!

So as you can see It’s not being racist
It’s that some are actually stewards of the land
And you guys are glorified poachers
Old 03-20-2019, 08:12 PM
Banned

At least the interest in hunting is waning among the younger Natives/Metis. I don't foresee a sudden influx of hunters twenty years down the road.

Lots of concise and valid points have been made!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
Dont feel bad.. the forum has lumped all Treaty Status First Nation hunters into glorified poachers since the birth of the original forum. You get used to it. Keep on truckin' and dont take it personal.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:29 PM

I hate racism. Wish everyone was treated equally.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
I hate racism. Wish everyone was treated equally.
Well you’re partially right, this isn’t about race but it is about equal rights and sustainable resources.