Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 PM

Smile Spray cans

I need a little help please. The crop is off and the snow hasn't arrived yet, this is my only chance to repaint my long range targets. I have a number of cans that are full but the sprayer is plugged.

I have watched the online videos of how to clean them, and that will be a last resort.

Is there a place where I can just buy new ones that I can put on the cans? The wind blew the 500 M one over too.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:42 PM

Take the nozzles off and soak them in WD40 or similar fir a bit
Personally I clear mine by finding a can of cleaner ( Amzoil,WD40,etc) with the same spray nozzle and switch it out with the clogged one andv run it until it clears out. It's a bit messy at times but works!
Cat
Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM

Soaking in lacquer thinner works. Last week i blew one out with brake cleaner as soon as it plugged and it was good.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 PM

Is it the spray button or the spray tube as it exits the can? If it is just the button take one off of a new or unplugged can, unless you already tried that. Other than drilling out the tube with a small bit; with your fingers not a drill. I never thought of youtube, gonna look how wrong I might be. Good luck.....
Old 10-18-2017, 07:13 PM

Default I'll try that

I have a few to paint so I should be able to keep the one that works going until I'm done.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:16 PM

And remember in the future when your done using the can, turn it upside down and spray until nothing comes out. Will help keep the nozzle unplugged. Or at least it does for me cheers
Old 10-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Banned

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Spray+paint+caps
Old 10-18-2017, 11:56 PM

Tape the can to the target and shoot it. Will paint it for you
Old 10-19-2017, 06:39 AM

Default Thanks for the help

BTW I haven't been able to tape anything to the gongs, they get too cold and the tape won't hold. Magnets may work but I'm usually sighting in new loads so it would be very hard to hit a can at long range.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
BTW I haven't been able to tape anything to the gongs, they get too cold and the tape won't hold. Magnets may work but I'm usually sighting in new loads so it would be very hard to hit a can at long range.
Shoot it at short range then.