Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 AM

Wife and I have been watching it. We are sort of enjoying it, but I sure didn't like how the ending of the last episode went with the Dr. and the scientist getting friendly. TV has to push the boundaries to stay 'relevant' I guess...
Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Will have to add this to the PVR.

The wife and I are kinda enjoying the Orville.
I'm liking The Orville as well. Well written and funny.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I'm liking The Orville as well. Well written and funny.
Yeah, I'd say the Orville gets my vote more than Discovery. Noticed in the credits that Johnathon Frakes (Commander Riker from Next Generation) directed one of the episodes.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Wife and I have been watching it. We are sort of enjoying it, but I sure didn't like how the ending of the last episode went with the Dr. and the scientist getting friendly. TV has to push the boundaries to stay 'relevant' I guess...
I have sat through them begrudgingly with the wife who is more of a Trekkie than me, which is super cool by the way

They aren't as bad as previous spinoffs, might keep watching for a while.

She watched the Orville and said she just couldn't watch it, just too stupid. I haven't even seen an episode, would have to stream somehow from the beginning to get caught up to see if I like it or not. I am a Seth McF fan, where she most definately is not.

I am waiting anxiously for Westworld to start up again. It is also stupid but it is edgy and not horribly washed out like the rest of the crap on tv.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I have sat through them begrudgingly with the wife who is more of a Trekkie than me, which is super cool by the way

They aren't as bad as previous spinoffs, might keep watching for a while.

She watched the Orville and said she just couldn't watch it, just too stupid. I haven't even seen an episode, would have to stream somehow from the beginning to get caught up to see if I like it or not. I am a Seth McF fan, where she most definately is not.

I am waiting anxiously for Westworld to start up again. It is also stupid but it is edgy and not horribly washed out like the rest of the crap on tv.
Orville is growing on me. Subtle humor and normal chat on a state of the art starship that feels like Voyager. There are serious and funny bits. Not a comedy...not a drama... but a scifi dramedy?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-19-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Orville is growing on me. Subtle humor and normal chat on a state of the art starship that feels like Voyager. There are serious and funny bits. Not a comedy...not a drama... but a scifi dramedy?
How can McF be cast in anything not serious at all? If he opens his mouth I expect Quagmire or Stewie to show themselves. Just a funny guy all round.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....