Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

View Poll Results: Can banned hunters from USA become guides?
Yes 4 2.65%
Maybe if it has been a long time 3 1.99%
No 36 23.84%
Hell no, don't even let them in the country 108 71.52%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Doctor Zoo

Default Can banned hunters from USA become guides?

Just wondering how you guys feel about your policy of letting people who have been banned from fishing and hunting in the US coming to Alberta to guide for a living. Should a US resident who has been convicted of wildlife violations and banned from hunting or fishing in the US be able to run a guide service or work as a guide in Alberta?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Rackmastr

Depends on the violation......if its a federal violation, then they could have problems coming to Canada...

In either case, an American cant hold a guide's license in Alberta......gotta be a resident of Canada for that to happen...

It it was possible....then no.....
Old 12-14-2006, 08:54 PM
winchester70

US criminals should not be allowed into the country but that just my opinion..
Old 12-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Heybert

Doctor Zoo,
If you know anything, pm me the info. I may be able to do something about it.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Guide

Default Guide

Do you speak from knowledge hre Zoo? Or is this just one of those thought-provoking, hypothetical questions?
I can't beliee APOS would let it happen. But then again APOS has done a lot of weird things.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Carbonxpress

Default Re: Guide

No Way Jose...Kick The Creep out of the country.
Carb
Old 12-15-2006, 01:25 PM
lethalconnection

Default Re: Guide

Well Doctor since you are in deed from Montana and you are aware of someone doing something like this you should try and get a hold of the Alberta F&W so they can do something about it cause i know i would do something if i knew someone from alberta had commited a wildlife related crime and went down to the states i would definitely try to get their privelages revoked cause thats just not right.

But if your just hypothetically speaking then yah i dont think they should be allowed to be near a weapon or wildlife if they did come up here.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Are you refering to, or are u this guy??

Default Are you refering to, or are u this guy??

www.bowsite.com/bowsite/t...CATEGORY=9

Read shapeshifter's post about halfway down this thread, it gives the investigating officers response to speculation about the topic.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Grizzly Adams

Default Re: Are you refering to, or are u this guy??

You can do anything you want, till you get caught. Seems to me there was a report in Gamewarden a couple of years ago, about some German that was illegally outfiting in the Fort Vermillion area, screwing his fellow countrymen. After they busted him, they found out he was using an alias and I don't know if they ever did find out, who he really was.
Friend of mine was working illegally in Miami, many years ago. Everything was fine for a few months, until he got caught jay-walking. Back to Canada, real quick.:rollin
Grizz
Old 12-19-2006, 08:21 AM
newatthis

Default bad American is no good anywhere... bad is bad

I am an American and gotta say if we blacklist the sorry bastard down here we should copy all of our "friendly " neighbors and let them know so this type of people have to look for a different type of work. I guess that would be our way of re-educating a criminal ..... cause he would have to figure out how to rip someone off in a NEW manner and not be able to reap from his past STUPID knowledge.

I can promise you if I knew one ruining the outdoors business anywhere for anyone they don't want to know me.... I dont associate with immoral people and their butts would be turned in SO fast and there would not ba a board, website or phone line I would NOT use to tell others so they do not have to go through that with such a turd! It would not be the first time I gave a game official info on something out of line. In fact I usually make it a policy to meet them during the first season I hunt an area and let them know who I am and what I stand for and I have NOT had one yet not hand me his card and say thank you. I usually give them the key to the gate and tell them come on in anytime and come up to camp and walk aoround and grab a cup of coffee or a meal if he wants to. I have had several take me up on that even. They like seing a safe area that they can just enjoy good duys too. Two years ago I even invited one to bring his grandson over one weekend to hunt since he meed a place to go. He took me up on it and stayed in my RV and got fed and exerything all weekend.

I would not even sneak around about I would tell them I am gonna get them and make their life hell and after that they would always see me giving them a ration of crapany and everywhere I saw or heard of them.

Good people all over the world owe that to each other so we can all make others comform to being good people. Somewhere along the line someone decided to shut up and live with apathy. That is not right, Why should good poeple live their life looking over their shoulder wondering if the bad guy is still watching over them? There are way toooooo many good people and if 1/5 of us would stand up and just be vocal these turds would have no place to go hide.

Stand up People and be counted!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Bowhunter169

Default Re: bad American is no good anywhere... bad is bad

I assume they had a very good reason to ban this guy. He did the crime he should do the time.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Heybert

Default Re: bad American is no good anywhere... bad is bad

Zoo, sent you a pm
Old 12-30-2006, 10:59 PM
lilsundance

Now I wished Dr Zoo would make an appearance and tell us a bit more about this post of his.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 PM
packhuntr

Default re; GUIDES??????

I just have to ask, to the 4 fellas who said yes on that little poll, dont we already have enough guides and shady stuff happening in our province? This province has enough money that in my opinion, we dont need anymore idiots, buying rights to land, and raping and pillaging OUR resourses for a profit. Seems to me last time I was drawn for antelope, was a 6 year wait, and antlered mule was 3 years. I am tired of watching these guys come here and take 6 antelope in 6 years!!!! I know its a very cost effective hunt for these guys, but only 1 tag for any of our animals, in my opinion, is an opportunity my neighbors kid could be enjoying, for egsample. (not sure if I spelled that word right). And I know what goes on, I have a younger brother who is a poacher (guide) for one of the outfits in this area. You cant even imagine some of the things these ?.!!*#& are getting away with. And its us and our wildlife that are losing. I guess you can pick your friends, not your family. Now I dont want to get anyones hackles up, and appoligise if I do, but man, theres already too many of em.

keep a strain on er.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:29 PM
packhuntr

Default Re: re; GUIDES??????

Forgot to say, Im not against having outfitters in Alberta, heck, am planning to book a goat hunt in B.C. But as far as I know at this time, residents can buy those tags over-counter. Guess Im just tired of seeing the things that I do see, year after year, and have even been told, and I quote, "We all know what happens when you put a price on wildlife, but it costs too much money to obtain proof, then pursue convictions. $$$ vs ethics". ????

keep a strain on er.