Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM

This thread is golden.

I have so many comments, but I would be typing for the next month to get them all in one post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
Time to set a few facts straight. I'm dear friends with the outfitter of Big Tine Adventures and let me tell right now this guy puts in more time in his outfitting areas then probably any other outfitter in the business. It takes "year round" efforts ad commitments to locate big whitetails consistently. Keep in mind, he does get to do this for a living which allows him the time to do so. Hence Why He's Soooo Successful! People will always hate on the "Big Bad Outfitter" especially one that is successful. I've also seen local hunters who are successful year after year that get bashed by others for killing big deer legally, annually, and most point the finger at them for doing something wrong, not abiding by the rules, because how can someone harvest a big buck consistently every year legally right??? I called putting in TIME! Not hard to do so people. Why Be Jealous? Why Hate on A Person For putting in time, having a little luck on their side, being good at what he or she does regardless of being a outfitter or local hunter? And for the big buck he guided on November 27th...Straight WILD FREE RANGE BUCK That they had been after for 4 years now. And the white antler comments suggesting it must have came from a fence? That's funny!! It all depends what the bucks rub on. In this are where the bucks lived, like most of the area around Spirit River Farmland region it consist of Poplar and willow trees. Not a lot of Spruce and Pine to be found. And this buck was an ancient old buck and when they get 8-9 years old the tend not to rut and rub as hard as they once did. A local farmer found that bucks sheds in which were 250" the previous year fresh and were really light in color as well.
Now to set some fact straight on The So Called Poaching Ring or whatever the F*** you people are calling it these days. The media blew that way out proportion years ago. Yes he was originally charged with the sale of 150-170 old racks that he had collected for a 15+ year period, most of which would have been older then him! Consisted of small moose, elk, and deer racks that he pack-ratted home as a young boy from every dump, old farmyard, ditch and any other hand out he could get from old hunters in the area. Where and who ever came up with the 20+ B&C Racks must a wild imagination when he fabbed up that remark.He was approached by an undercover office to sell, and did so. His mistake for doing some thing illegal! He went to court, and at the end of it all "He Got Charged On TWO Counts Of Trafficing Wildlife" Meaning He got charged for selling "2" racks on a skull. Not 150-170 like you all say! Get your story straight people. He got a $5000 fine for each count and had to repay the crown $10,000 on money received on the sale of the antlers. And That's A Fact! I Was there in court that day when it all went down! He also lost his hunting license for a 6 year total period.
Never once has he been charge for a poaching offence! So where do you hatters out there get off by calling him a poacher? Is it again because he's successful at finding and killing big bucks, and bears that deems him to be one because he can successfully do this every year? Common people. Give your head a shake, why all the jealousy and hate towards a nice guy and a great outfitter guide? Blake asked me to write this for him as he is sick of the bashing and B.S that most of you insist on doing, he also want to thank the people who supported him, who actually Know him, and know what really all went on and what goes on, no just being some outside tuff guy speculator who writes up bogus accusations with zero proof on what they write and honestly don't have a clue what their even talking about. At the end of the day, he has a lot of supporters in what he does and will continue to plug away at being one of Alberta's top Outfitters today.
Keep rolling Blake!
Yes sir, keep rolling Blake

Man this is great!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:56 PM

I wonder if Chris G has sent in his résumé ....I hear he makes a mean tree stand! Sounds like they would get along well...

LC
Old 12-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Just keeps getting better and better!

Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM

I still think theres alot of Jealous people
Old 12-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I wonder if Chris G has sent in his résumé ....I hear he makes a mean tree stand! Sounds like they would get along well...

LC
You've seen the movie "twins"?
No not that movie, the other movie....

I think you might be onto something here.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi View Post
I still think theres alot of Jealous people
Ya cause most law abiding people are jealous of criminals
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
Some of these post are great sooo funny. I like the way black ram aka blakes friend in the first post writes at the end " keep it rolling blake" so funny blake telling blake to keep it rolling
That is awesome.
This to a T. The highlight of this golden thread

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Proud to say yes after expenses my pockets are quite full. Around $250k profit this year in 4 months of work. Not bad I'd say. This will be my final post on this subject and like all the people who monitor this forum to take notice of this.
To who this may and will concern:
This isn't the 1st time my name and outfit has been a negative topic on this on this site. This is very degrading to myself and my very credible outfitting business. If all this chatter about myself Blake Shmyr and Big Tine Adventures is not deleted off this forum from the past and present immediately, come Monday I will be getting a hold of a lawyer to draw up a lawsuit against A/O for allowing this degrading matter to go on and on. I'd strongly advise A/O to take immediate action and delete anything ever mentioned on this forum from the past, present and anything they may be posted on here in the future! I'll only tell you once and I just did.
I'm sure your lawyer will laugh at you just as much as we all did. Too bad your nothing more than an attention wh*re, hope you like the attention your getting now. Maybe if you would've played straight from the start you would be getting the attention you so desire in life. Instead you chose to be a lying, cheating, no good poacher, and this is the reward for your effort. You will never be known as a great hunter, and thats all of your own doing you schmuck...
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Maybe a letter to Gary, or an email to Bill can bring attention to his character and this thread? Maybe Big Buck magazine would reconsider publishing the story because of the controversy it will bring to a respectable magazine?
Very good idea, the guy introduces himself to the board with a lie, perpetuates the lie, and then starts dropping f-bombs trying to defend the lies. Pretty well defines the character of another one of A-POS poster boys.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 PM

It's gonna be funny when people google his name and his company and the first thing up is this.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Whats going to come up that he sold 2 sets of deer horns and was in a fight
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Guides

I've never met Blake S., but he sure produces big bucks. A good friend of mine had relatives from Ohio hunt there with Big Tine. They killed a 170 for the kid first day and the dad never saw anything over 140. They said Blake is sure cocky but they never saw any sign of anything illegal. Just a very hard working guy with a chip on his shoulder against giant bucks.

Looks like he got railroaded on some shed antlers he sold, paid his fine, got into a hockey fight at a relatively young age, and paid his dues there too.

Other than that, I don't see anything else amiss other than some vague anecdotal stories and some old news clippings. I can't pass judgement on him until I see something a little more concrete on him other than he is an Outfitter and he kills big deer.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi View Post
Shows character avi.
And his antics on this thread show more.

Now for sure ppl can change, ppl can pay for their crimes and come out the other end as good ppl.
But from what we've just seen on this thread, I would say that
Blake shmyr of Big Tine Adventures has not changed a whole lot.

Good luck fella

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
What will come up, is that he has been convicted for violations of both the Wildlife Act, and the Criminal Act.

Quote:
Shows character avi.
And his antics on this thread show more.
Had he introduced himself, showed remorse for his past convictions, and taken it from there, he might have earned some respect. However, he chose to lie about being a friend of this person, and then play down the convictions, and tell us what a great guy his friend was. By starting out with a lie, and pursuing that angle, he lost any credibility and respect that he might have had, let alone the chance to earn any more.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the support Avi. Again here we go with the poaching remarks. Again for the record you retards. I have never been charged with poaching or anything even close to! Where the hell do you people get this from? And lets rip APOS some more eh. Ya I'm a proud member of the society and although the conviction of selling 2 racks was frowned upon, it was mentioned that this this had absolutely nothing to do with Outfitting, poaching and in all reality didn't even have anything to do with hunting. Keep yappin about the poaching. On that topic you haters don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to accusing me on being a poacher. Get some evidence on that 1 you A/O groupies. I cant believe I let the comments of such "No Bodies" slightly get under my skin. I was warned by many what a bunch of losers roamed around on this forum. Wow were they right! Although I am glad I did come on here and state the facts of What I actually got convicted of 4years ago. "2" counts of trafficking wild meaning selling 2 sets of antlers on a skull plate. And when it does get goggled ,at least the facts will be here on this forum stated by me on what actually went down. Not all the bogus stories you people continue to dream up. Again, get over it. Although this has been a regret of mine that I have to deal with, and have delt with is hasn't broke my stride on becoming one the best outfitters in the province. And let me tell you we are sure on our. So hate that I got dirt in my past, get to hunt and kill big deer for a living, be jealous, envious, act a little men like grown men instead of a bunch school girls. And hunter Trav, Who are you? You claim to know me and stated that I haven't changed my ways? Pffffttt !!! How would you know buddy? You must get you info on me on this site by all the know it all's out there. All the haters bashing me when the most of them probably have wildlife act tickets and or convictions against themselves. So whens its our turn to smash on you? I wouldn't waste my time in doing so.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default Best thread ever.

Jerry!jerry!jerry!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Did anyone else catch the fact on the YouTube video, they shot the deer the day prior and it had not been skinned yet or prepped for consumption. As if there is no intent to consume. Am I the only one that thinks this is bad publicity?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
Did anyone else catch the fact on the YouTube video, they shot the deer the day prior and it had not been skinned yet or prepped for consumption. As if there is no intent to consume. Am I the only one that thinks this is bad publicity?
I am surprised rigor hadn't set in....he hadn't stiffened up much.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:32 PM

I will probably get some flack over posting this but here it goes anyways. The deer that was shot in the first post was a deer that I was hunting. Spent many hours up in a stand trying to get a glimpse of him. I found out that Blake was also hunting this deer and also had permission on the land. I spent a lot of hours out there waiting for that deer to show himself but he never did. I was working my last day of shift when I herd the deer was killed by one of his hunters. I was heartbroken for an hour or 2 that's for sure. Jealous? Yup for sure. Blake has done some stuff in the past that's for sure. And it is frustrating hunting the same zones that he does because he does no where there is a lot of big deer. You think you find something that nobody else knows about then Blake shows up. Frustrating that's for sure. But I do think he has changed a lot. I'm from the same area and I do not here the same kind so things about him like a person use to. Maybe he has to much to lose now I'm not sure. I do no the big deer they got this year from what I seen was legit.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:

LC
If you kept it warm would it prevent rigor?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
If you kept it warm would it prevent rigor?
Not sure but....Anything I plan on eating I like to cool down not keep warm, I am sue you are the same!

LC
Old 12-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the support Avi. Again here we go with the poaching remarks. Again for the record you retards. I have never been charged with poaching or anything even close to! Where the hell do you people get this from? And lets rip APOS some more eh. Ya I'm a proud member of the society and although the conviction of selling 2 racks was frowned upon, it was mentioned that this this had absolutely nothing to do with Outfitting, poaching and in all reality didn't even have anything to do with hunting. Keep yappin about the poaching. On that topic you haters don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to accusing me on being a poacher. Get some evidence on that 1 you A/O groupies. I cant believe I let the comments of such "No Bodies" slightly get under my skin. I was warned by many what a bunch of losers roamed around on this forum. Wow were they right! Although I am glad I did come on here and state the facts of What I actually got convicted of 4years ago. "2" counts of trafficking wild meaning selling 2 sets of antlers on a skull plate. And when it does get goggled ,at least the facts will be here on this forum stated by me on what actually went down. Not all the bogus stories you people continue to dream up. Again, get over it. Although this has been a regret of mine that I have to deal with, and have delt with is hasn't broke my stride on becoming one the best outfitters in the province. And let me tell you we are sure on our. So hate that I got dirt in my past, get to hunt and kill big deer for a living, be jealous, envious, act a little men like grown men instead of a bunch school girls. And hunter Trav, Who are you? You claim to know me and stated that I haven't changed my ways? Pffffttt !!! How would you know buddy? You must get you info on me on this site by all the know it all's out there. All the haters bashing me when the most of them probably have wildlife act tickets and or convictions against themselves. So whens its our turn to smash on you? I wouldn't waste my time in doing so.
This should have been your first post, you could have left out the name calling, infact I don't think you would of felt compelled to call names because you would have gotten more support. The fake name and story was a mistake. I don't doubt you work hard and play it straight for the most part, but comments like "you have to see me do it to prove it" leads me to believe it's not 100% by the book.

Coming clean and admitting you messed up helps with your creadibility.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:42 PM

I see your a man of your word

Quote:
Proud to say yes after expenses my pockets are quite full. Around $250k profit this year in 4 months of work. Not bad I'd say. This will be my final post on this subject and like all the people who monitor this forum to take notice of this.
To who this may and will concern:
This isn't the 1st time my name and outfit has been a negative topic on this on this site. This is very degrading to myself and my very credible outfitting business. If all this chatter about myself Blake Shmyr and Big Tine Adventures is not deleted off this forum from the past and present immediately, come Monday I will be getting a hold of a lawyer to draw up a lawsuit against A/O for allowing this degrading matter to go on and on. I'd strongly advise A/O to take immediate action and delete anything ever mentioned on this forum from the past, present and anything they may be posted on here in the future! I'll only tell you once and I just did.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:44 PM

No flack, good to hear..........appreciate the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule99 View Post
I will probably get some flack over posting this but here it goes anyways. The deer that was shot in the first post was a deer that I was hunting. Spent many hours up in a stand trying to get a glimpse of him. I found out that Blake was also hunting this deer and also had permission on the land. I spent a lot of hours out there waiting for that deer to show himself but he never did. I was working my last day of shift when I herd the deer was killed by one of his hunters. I was heartbroken for an hour or 2 that's for sure. Jealous? Yup for sure. Blake has done some stuff in the past that's for sure. And it is frustrating hunting the same zones that he does because he does no where there is a lot of big deer. You think you find something that nobody else knows about then Blake shows up. Frustrating that's for sure. But I do think he has changed a lot. I'm from the same area and I do not here the same kind so things about him like a person use to. Maybe he has to much to lose now I'm not sure. I do no the big deer they got this year from what I seen was legit.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:49 PM

I would like to thank the moderators for keeping this topic open. It has been comedy gold.

Stay classy everyone and keep on rolling.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil1010 View Post
I would like to thank the moderators for keeping this topic open. It has been comedy gold.

Stay classy everyone and keep on rolling.
X2

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc...autoplay%253D1

LC
Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 PM

Default Question

Just a question about this video…if they harvested "yesterday afternoon" should the deer still be able to manipulated as well as it is? I would think it would be stiff 12 - 24 hours later. Something isn't right there or am I missing something?

Quote:
I wonder if this thread pops up on my google machine when I use some key words?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X7H4ImE...autoplay%253D1

LC
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
Just a question about this video…if they harvested "yesterday afternoon" should the deer still be able to manipulated as well as it is? I would think it would be stiff 12 - 24 hours later. Something isn't right there or am I missing something?
Quote:

LC
Bingo!

LC
Closed Thread