Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Time to set a few facts straight. I'm dear friends with the outfitter of Big Tine Adventures and let me tell right now this guy puts in more time in his outfitting areas then probably any other outfitter in the business. It takes "year round" efforts ad commitments to locate big whitetails consistently. Keep in mind, he does get to do this for a living which allows him the time to do so. Hence Why He's Soooo Successful! People will always hate on the "Big Bad Outfitter" especially one that is successful. I've also seen local hunters who are successful year after year that get bashed by others for killing big deer legally, annually, and most point the finger at them for doing something wrong, not abiding by the rules, because how can someone harvest a big buck consistently every year legally right??? I called putting in TIME! Not hard to do so people. Why Be Jealous? Why Hate on A Person For putting in time, having a little luck on their side, being good at what he or she does regardless of being a outfitter or local hunter? And for the big buck he guided on November 27th...Straight WILD FREE RANGE BUCK That they had been after for 4 years now. And the white antler comments suggesting it must have came from a fence? That's funny!! It all depends what the bucks rub on. In this are where the bucks lived, like most of the area around Spirit River Farmland region it consist of Poplar and willow trees. Not a lot of Spruce and Pine to be found. And this buck was an ancient old buck and when they get 8-9 years old the tend not to rut and rub as hard as they once did. A local farmer found that bucks sheds in which were 250" the previous year fresh and were really light in color as well.
Now to set some fact straight on The So Called Poaching Ring or whatever the F*** you people are calling it these days. The media blew that way out proportion years ago. Yes he was originally charged with the sale of 150-170 old racks that he had collected for a 15+ year period, most of which would have been older then him! Consisted of small moose, elk, and deer racks that he pack-ratted home as a young boy from every dump, old farmyard, ditch and any other hand out he could get from old hunters in the area. Where and who ever came up with the 20+ B&C Racks must a wild imagination when he fabbed up that remark.He was approached by an undercover office to sell, and did so. His mistake for doing some thing illegal! He went to court, and at the end of it all "He Got Charged On TWO Counts Of Trafficing Wildlife" Meaning He got charged for selling "2" racks on a skull. Not 150-170 like you all say! Get your story straight people. He got a $5000 fine for each count and had to repay the crown $10,000 on money received on the sale of the antlers. And That's A Fact! I Was there in court that day when it all went down! He also lost his hunting license for a 6 year total period.
Never once has he been charge for a poaching offence! So where do you hatters out there get off by calling him a poacher? Is it again because he's successful at finding and killing big bucks, and bears that deems him to be one because he can successfully do this every year? Common people. Give your head a shake, why all the jealousy and hate towards a nice guy and a great outfitter guide? Blake asked me to write this for him as he is sick of the bashing and B.S that most of you insist on doing, he also want to thank the people who supported him, who actually Know him, and know what really all went on and what goes on, no just being some outside tuff guy speculator who writes up bogus accusations with zero proof on what they write and honestly don't have a clue what their even talking about. At the end of the day, he has a lot of supporters in what he does and will continue to plug away at being one of Alberta's top Outfitters today.
Keep rolling Blake!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
Time to set a few facts straight. I'm dear friends with the outfitter of Big Tine Adventures and let me tell right now this guy puts in more time in his outfitting areas then probably any other outfitter in the business. It takes "year round" efforts ad commitments to locate big whitetails consistently. Keep in mind, he does get to do this for a living which allows him the time to do so. Hence Why He's Soooo Successful! People will always hate on the "Big Bad Outfitter" especially one that is successful. I've also seen local hunters who are successful year after year that get bashed by others for killing big deer legally, annually, and most point the finger at them for doing something wrong, not abiding by the rules, because how can someone harvest a big buck consistently every year legally right??? I called putting in TIME! Not hard to do so people. Why Be Jealous? Why Hate on A Person For putting in time, having a little luck on their side, being good at what he or she does regardless of being a outfitter or local hunter? And for the big buck he guided on November 27th...Straight WILD FREE RANGE BUCK That they had been after for 4 years now. And the white antler comments suggesting it must have came from a fence? That's funny!! It all depends what the bucks rub on. In this are where the bucks lived, like most of the area around Spirit River Farmland region it consist of Poplar and willow trees. Not a lot of Spruce and Pine to be found. And this buck was an ancient old buck and when they get 8-9 years old the tend not to rut and rub as hard as they once did. A local farmer found that bucks sheds in which were 250" the previous year fresh and were really light in color as well.
Now to set some fact straight on The So Called Poaching Ring or whatever the F*** you people are calling it these days. The media blew that way out proportion years ago. Yes he was originally charged with the sale of 150-170 old racks that he had collected for a 15+ year period, most of which would have been older then him! Consisted of small moose, elk, and deer racks that he pack-ratted home as a young boy from every dump, old farmyard, ditch and any other hand out he could get from old hunters in the area. Where and who ever came up with the 20+ B&C Racks must a wild imagination when he fabbed up that remark.He was approached by an undercover office to sell, and did so. His mistake for doing some thing illegal! He went to court, and at the end of it all "He Got Charged On TWO Counts Of Trafficing Wildlife" Meaning He got charged for selling "2" racks on a skull. Not 150-170 like you all say! Get your story straight people. He got a $5000 fine for each count and had to repay the crown $10,000 on money received on the sale of the antlers. And That's A Fact! I Was there in court that day when it all went down! He also lost his hunting license for a 6 year total period.
Never once has he been charge for a poaching offence! So where do you hatters out there get off by calling him a poacher? Is it again because he's successful at finding and killing big bucks, and bears that deems him to be one because he can successfully do this every year? Common people. Give your head a shake, why all the jealousy and hate towards a nice guy and a great outfitter guide? Blake asked me to write this for him as he is sick of the bashing and B.S that most of you insist on doing, he also want to thank the people who supported him, who actually Know him, and know what really all went on and what goes on, no just being some outside tuff guy speculator who writes up bogus accusations with zero proof on what they write and honestly don't have a clue what their even talking about. At the end of the day, he has a lot of supporters in what he does and will continue to plug away at being one of Alberta's top Outfitters today.
Keep rolling Blake!
Are you denying that he made the statements below, to the undercover officer?

Quote:

"Mr. Shmyr states 'the wildlife laws are being broken all the time and the chances of getting caught are so remote' ... Mr. Shmyr then states 'there are only two officers in the Spirit River area - the area's so big, good luck catching anybody,'" said Golden.

"'They have to see you do it. If I get charged, prove it man. See me in court.'"
Whether it was 100 racks, 20 racks, or two racks, he knew that what he was doing was illegal, yet he glady accepted a substantial amount of money, and pretty much issued a dare to F&W to catch him, and for the legal system to convict him.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-08-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:20 AM

That was funny!!

IBTL
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

welcome to the forum blake. there seems to be a couple of "new" members with pretty close knowledge of you.......nothing odd about that at all.....
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadeer View Post
Deers not fenced, pure old majestic alberta whitetail. They have his last years sheds and they scored around 250... He lost a lot of bone this past winter. The light antlers are caused by the old boy being a fan of poplar and aspen to rub.... Willow and alder is red and spruce, fir and pine are black or brown...

Yes Blake as had trouble in the past. And once you have that on you it can be hard to shake. Though I know for a fact Blake doesn't f##k around like that anymore, he has good reputation with dozens of land owners and knows how to kill big deer like no other.

Hate all you want, ever year I can't wait to see what he puts on the ground.
Boy you need to read the previous posts. sure sounds like a crook to me . trying to turn a lease into his private area. interfering in others hunts. bait piles. yearly record critters. previous court action. hello can you be less of a HUNTER.He may resue kitty`s from trees but he sure has a lot of bad air in his bubble.He`s busted and has no further rights to peddle himself as a respectable man of the woods.HE`s BUSTED FOR WILDLIFE CRIMINAL ACTS.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Because every time one of my buds does something foolish I feel the need to join a pertinent forum and defend him while singing praises. Lol
Old 12-08-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
welcome to the forum blake. there seems to be a couple of "new" members with pretty close knowledge of you.......nothing odd about that at all.....
Aha too funny..at first I was in sense more on the siding on the outfitter with the simple fact that yes this deer was taken by a client of Big Tine Adventures, but then to see a post by a "close friend" of the outfitter who is brand new to the forum..gotta be a little more creative than that!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Keep rolling Blake!
Why the hell didn't Blake himself start an account and write something??
Old 12-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors forever View Post
ummmm.....he did......
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Keep rolling Blake!
So what your saying is he only sold the two racks on skulls for $5000 each that he "found" to a F&W officer that approached him out of the blue. Not because he had set up a website to sell all those other little deer and moose sheds he had found as a kid. Makes sense, lots of people pay $5000 for deer to make knife handles and coat holders. Those wouldn't be B&C racks for that small amount of money.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors forever View Post
. Edit

ISB beat me to it.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
So what your saying is he only sold the two racks on skulls for $5000 each that he "found" to a F&W officer that approached him out of the blue. Not because he had set up a website to sell all those other little deer and moose sheds he had found as a kid. Makes sense, lots of people pay $5000 for deer to make knife handles and coat holders. Those wouldn't be B&C racks for that small amount of money.
The next thing that someone will post, is that he was an innocent victim, that had no plans to sell antlers, until he was coerced into doing so, by the undercover officer.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:38 PM

"Now to set some fact straight on The So Called Poaching Ring or whatever the F*** you people are calling it these days. The media blew that way out proportion years ago. Yes he was originally charged with the sale of 150-170 old racks that he had collected for a 15+ year period, most of which would have been older then him! Consisted of small moose, elk, and deer racks that he pack-ratted home as a young boy from every dump, old farmyard, ditch and any other hand out he could get from old hunters in the area. Where and who ever came up with the 20+ B&C Racks must a wild imagination when he fabbed up that remark.He was approached by an undercover office to sell, and did so. His mistake for doing some thing illegal! He went to court, and at the end of it all "He Got Charged On TWO Counts Of Trafficing Wildlife" Meaning He got charged for selling "2" racks on a skull. Not 150-170 like you all say! Get your story straight people. He got a $5000 fine for each count and had to repay the crown $10,000 on money received on the sale of the antlers. And That's A Fact! I Was there in court that day when it all went down! He also lost his hunting license for a 6 year total period. "

First of all he was CHARGED with 150-170 counts but was only CONVICTED of 2. Be careful of your wording when refering to legal issues

Second
If you went to a bank and the bank manager had been convicted of money laundering would you keep your money in that bank.?????(oh wait he wouldnt be allowed to be a bank manager anymore would he??)

By allowing these types of people to keep an outfitters licence APOS is doing the same thing. The wildlife that these outfitters are dealing in belong to the people of Alberta/Canada. I am a firm believer that the guide/outfitter system in all provinces needs a major over haul. I'm not saying i know what the answer is but the system as it is, is broken and needs to be cleaned up.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:45 PM

And the haters continue. You people are hilarious. Yes he knew at the time it was illegal, admitted that in court, got charged for selling "2" racks and got a hefty fine. Pretty much end of story. He Then had a APOS hearing and went over the facts and given a fine and put on a few year probationary period and was told to keep his noes clean, and he more then for sure has done so. This charge that he obtained had nothing to do with the Outfitting industry, hunting, or harming wildlife. This was and is no different then them old grannies having a yard sale and selling a rack that her husband shot years ago. How many times have you seen that happen. "She" if were caught or reported would have been charged with trafficking wildlife. But you haters out continue to get off on the fact that this happened. You must all have pretty boring lives that you have to pray upon this outfitter and his mistakes "In the Past". Pretty sad boys. Get over it already.

And why do all these comments keep coming up about him baiting deer and shooting deer over bait piles? Where's all your hard evidence on this one guys?
Has he had a previous hunting over bait charge? Has he been given a warning for hunting over bait? Has he ever been charged in poaching wildlife?
No! No! And No!
Has he been charged for 2 counts of trafficing wildlife? Yes he has.
Has he been charged or questioned in illegal activities in the last 4years since his trafficking conviction in regards with hunting, outfitting? Nope!
Has been to court, paid his fines, been legal and ligit running a 1.5 Million dollar Outfitting business that generates him and his family a very good living? Yes Yes And Yes.
Is he the 1st to call the local landowners every year in regards to hunting permission and probably, singal handedly has the most permission in WMU 358,359 and 522 then anyone else? Yes and Yes.
If he has a question or concern about hunting is he the 1st person to go to the local F/W office to get his questions answered directly from the local officer? YUP!
Has he regretted his mistakes in the past? YES!!
Cut the guy some slack and cut this **** out that happened in the past. But obviously you who knock what he does and who he is are angels in society and have never done anything wrong in life, correct? If this was a resident hunter you wouldn't be making half as big of deal about it. He's so moved on from the past, has a passion for the wildlife, the outdoors and what he does for a living. Again we'll let you haters be jealous. Don't hate the guy because he does his home work, logs 1000's of hours in the field year round,gets on to and guides more big deer in a season then some of you will ever see in a lifetime.
Betting the half you would jump at the chance to go hunt with him if he called you and said he had a big whitey lined up and gave you the invitation to got sit in one of his blinds. Just saying.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Sounds like a guy pretty full of himself! I know 1 guy that wouldn't hunt with him...just saying!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
And the haters continue. You people are hilarious. Yes he knew at the time it was illegal, admitted that in court, got charged for selling "2" racks and got a hefty fine. Pretty much end of story. He Then had a APOS hearing and went over the facts and given a fine and put on a few year probationary period and was told to keep his noes clean, and he more then for sure has done so. This charge that he obtained had nothing to do with the Outfitting industry, hunting, or harming wildlife. This was and is no different then them old grannies having a yard sale and selling a rack that her husband shot years ago. How many times have you seen that happen. "She" if were caught or reported would have been charged with trafficking wildlife. But you haters out continue to get off on the fact that this happened. You must all have pretty boring lives that you have to pray upon this outfitter and his mistakes "In the Past". Pretty sad boys. Get over it already.

And why do all these comments keep coming up about him baiting deer and shooting deer over bait piles? Where's all your hard evidence on this one guys?
Has he had a previous hunting over bait charge? Has he been given a warning for hunting over bait? Has he ever been charged in poaching wildlife?
No! No! And No!
Has he been charged for 2 counts of trafficing wildlife? Yes he has.
Has he been charged or questioned in illegal activities in the last 4years since his trafficking conviction in regards with hunting, outfitting? Nope!
Has been to court, paid his fines, been legal and ligit running a 1.5 Million dollar Outfitting business that generates him and his family a very good living? Yes Yes And Yes.
Is he the 1st to call the local landowners every year in regards to hunting permission and probably, singal handedly has the most permission in WMU 358,359 and 522 then anyone else? Yes and Yes.
If he has a question or concern about hunting is he the 1st person to go to the local F/W office to get his questions answered directly from the local officer? YUP!
Has he regretted his mistakes in the past? YES!!
Cut the guy some slack and cut this **** out that happened in the past. But obviously you who knock what he does and who he is are angels in society and have never done anything wrong in life, correct? If this was a resident hunter you wouldn't be making half as big of deal about it. He's so moved on from the past, has a passion for the wildlife, the outdoors and what he does for a living. Again we'll let you haters be jealous. Don't hate the guy because he does his home work, logs 1000's of hours in the field year round,gets on to and guides more big deer in a season then some of you will ever see in a lifetime.
Betting the half you would jump at the chance to go hunt with him if he called you and said he had a big whitey lined up and gave you the invitation to got sit in one of his blinds. Just saying.
Just imagine how many sets of antlers he had to sell illegally to pay for that outfitting business ? Or did he make all that money guiding for Byron
Old 12-08-2013, 02:14 PM

I don't think old grannies would be asking 5k for the old rack in the garage since the old boy passed away either.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
This was and is no different then them old grannies having a yard sale and selling a rack that her husband shot years ago.
Really? How many old grannies know that it is illegal to sell those racks?

How many old grannies arrange to meet with a buyer, and tell them "there are only two officers in the Spirit River area - the area's so big, good luck catching anybody"

How many grannies say "They have to see you do it. If I get charged, prove it man. See me in court?"

How many old grannies sell two racks for $10,000?

Quote:
He Then had a APOS hearing and went over the facts and given a fine and put on a few year probationary period and was told to keep his noes clean,
And we are all aware of just how APOS disciplines their members. The fact that Lloyd McMahon is still a member after so many convictions, proves that they could care less how their members behave.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Probably out of your price range anyway pikeslayer22.

And torkdiesel. There was at 1 time a rack posted on ebay with the intent to sell,but was never sold. Was pulled off the ebay listing all them years ago shortly after it was put on. So ya, there was never a designated website that he created to sell illegal antlers on! That's a good 1. Oh the rumours continue. And that's how they broke it down in court the that the 2 convicted counts were the racks sold for $5000 each + a $5000 fine per count which equaled a $20,000 pay out to the crown. He paid what was owed, delt with the consequence and life went on.
And yes he guided many hunters for Byron and brought immense success to his outfit. And ya when your a good outfitter and when your hunts are highly in demand,one can make a beyond very nice living and only have to work 4 months or so a year! Pretty great yup. Your hater Alberta resident negative comments are pretty irrelevant here as they are pretty much meaning less in his opinion. And again, to the people who know him and support him and his outfitting operation. Its greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:33 PM

You people are hopeless. Don't know even half the story but continue to pry,make **** up, hate, and be envious and jealous. Again nothing better to do then hate on successful hunters, and outfitters. All you can do is precisely read my comments and pick apart the bad and overlook all the good posted in each comment. Hopeless. This is a joke a pretty much a HUGE Waste of my valuable time.....
Old 12-08-2013, 02:39 PM

black ram

I have to say you are full of sh@t on the "1.5 million dollar" outfitting business part of your post.

If you were told that, you were lied to.
If you made that up, you are a liar.

It would take four dozen Blake Shmyr's AND their grandpa's to come close to 1.5 million, and a lot more trophy deer that six WMU's have to offer.

As far as APOS goes, it is a joke. Do some research on its beginnings.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:44 PM

This is a joke, most people who are sorry for something show actual contrition. Why use this as a soap box to tell us all how successful you are?
Old 12-08-2013, 02:52 PM

And yes his outfit has $1.5 million pumped into it with its 80+ allocations, lodge, equipment ect. so you get fact straight before you call someone out on the matter.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
ummmm.....he did......
I posted before I thought too much about it.................
Old 12-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Sick em boys sick em!!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Probably out of your price range anyway pikeslayer22.

And torkdiesel. There was at 1 time a rack posted on ebay with the intent to sell,but was never sold. Was pulled off the ebay listing all them years ago shortly after it was put on. So ya, there was never a designated website that he created to sell illegal antlers on! That's a good 1. Oh the rumours continue. And that's how they broke it down in court the that the 2 convicted counts were the racks sold for $5000 each + a $5000 fine per count which equaled a $20,000 pay out to the crown. He paid what was owed, delt with the consequence and life went on.
And yes he guided many hunters for Byron and brought immense success to his outfit. And ya when your a good outfitter and when your hunts are highly in demand,one can make a beyond very nice living and only have to work 4 months or so a year! Pretty great yup. Your hater Alberta resident negative comments are pretty irrelevant here as they are pretty much meaning less in his opinion. And again, to the people who know him and support him and his outfitting operation. Its greatly appreciated.
You left out the little E-bay mishap from your first post. No big deal, we understand. Just looking out for a close friend.
And for the record I don't think anybody on this site gives a flying F$%# what Blake thinks ! Do you think people are sharing this information to try and hurt his feelings ? It's an information sharing site, People shared information they had. Some they heard, some they read in newspapers and some were opinions based on peoples first hand experience.
Do his clients kill big deer ? no doubt about that, never said he didn't. Do I have to agree with his ethics and his past criminal activity ? Nope
Old 12-08-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Do his clients kill big deer ? no doubt about that, never said he didn't. Do I have to agree with his ethics and his past criminal activity ? Nope
Great White Holdings has repeat customers, because of the deer that they kill. That still doesn't make them, or their clients, in any way respectable.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:13 PM

Ya and the past is the past. So get the f*** over it everyone. Its like over 4 years old,pretty old news boys. I guess we can look forward to this coming up every time Big Tine Adventures is successful and when they kill some more giants next year. Sure all this Bull S*** will resurface for years to come. Again, at the end of the day The Hater AB residents thoughts and comments are pretty irrelevant here as they have zero meaning and you Haters are not the one's who thickly lining his wallet every spring and fall. Bet we'll will get a rise when you see his face on The cover of Big Buck Mag with one of his clients and a 220" whitey on this spring edition. Debating weather to do the article or not.....?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:19 PM

Normally I would have killed this thread and bounced you already but enjoy watching you dig a hole right now. Would have been more smart to use a different email addy but hey what do I know. Your user name is quite fitting.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Normally I would have killed this thread and bounced you already but enjoy watching you dig a hole right now. Would have been more smart to use a different email addy but hey what do I know. Your user name is quite fitting.
Oh come on!
Did you fill your quota yesterday while in the fishing thread?

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Closed Thread