Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Banned

Is it just me or is EVERY outfitter/guide a criminal of some sort? Every time these topics arise on here the outfitter either has a bunch of charges pending or was convicted at some point.

Amazes me that we allow these crooks to operate as it makes us all look bad as hunters. Disgraceful!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM

The light color antlers tells me it was someones pet. Farmed elk do the same thing

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
The light color antlers tells me it was someones pet. Farmed elk do the same thing

hmmm...interesting. I guess I have shot alot of "pets" in my day because they have had really light coloured antlers.

LS
Old 12-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Really? I have shot a 1/2 dozen bucks in my life just like this one. One i shot at and missed was nearly white horned in the end of Oct.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Read my post. I guarantee this buck rubbed poplar and aspen a lot. And might not have even done much rubbing cause the fact he was 8yrs+
Old 12-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Really? I have shot a 1/2 dozen bucks in my life just like this one. One i shot at and missed was nearly white horned in the end of Oct.
Apparently animals don't lay in the sun and sun themselves....buddy missed a mulie white horned Friday, and every moose this year had blonde backs and white horns...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 AM

I met him this year hell of a nice guy. He does put lots and lots of time in scouting and it show every year his clients are shooting some huge deer. I hope to guide him this up coming season in the NWT for Dall sheep Caribou and moose. That's his life outfitting and that's all he does I'm happy for him no matter what others may think. He grew up there knows every framer and has access to tons of land.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:35 PM

No idea on fenced or not, but I saw two bucks taken this year with white horns. Neither in a fence.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
I met him this year hell of a nice guy. He does put lots and lots of time in scouting and it show every year his clients are shooting some huge deer. I hope to guide him this up coming season in the NWT for Dall sheep Caribou and moose. That's his life outfitting and that's all he does I'm happy for him no matter what others may think. He grew up there knows every framer and has access to tons of land.
I'm sure lots of criminals are really nice guys but the fact remains he bought his allocations with money obtained from crime. That's not right. Yes he kills big deer but I don't agree with how he got to this stage.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
Is it just me or is EVERY outfitter/guide a criminal of some sort? Every time these topics arise on here the outfitter either has a bunch of charges pending or was convicted at some point.
Amazes me that we allow these crooks to operate as it makes us all look bad as hunters. Disgraceful!
Are you implying you are a criminal outfitter/guide of some sort?just being funny
Old 12-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Sounds like someone is pretty jealous.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Mods had better lock this one up and start swinging the hammer....
Old 12-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Banned

Wonder how much he charges for a monster like that?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Obviously the honest, upstanding outfitters don't want to be associated with this kind of individual,so why is it, that these honest outfitters don't act as a group, to force APOS to deal with these lawbreakers? Is it that there aren't enough honest and upstanding outfitters to do this, or is it that most of the members of APOS simply don't care?
Great post elk, I see a lot of whinning and finger pointing about this outfitter on here. Trouble is being long on rumors and short on evidence means this guy just keeps on doing what he is doing. Sounds like this guy works his ass off to get his clients big deer and the competition responses sound like sour grapes. That said I do not know him and can't comment on his tactics, however like anything else you either put up or shut up, get the hard evidence on the table and have him shut down, if you can't produce the evidence then everything said is just BS, rumors, and hear say.

Some pretty tall stories been told on here yet no one seems to be able to actually prove anything. Now that's a pretty slippery slope when it comes to slander, watch what you are accusing this guy of on a public forum.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 PM

I don't know to much about this but these guides that are up to shady stuff why don't people go under cover and prove that they are up to this
Old 12-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Great post elk, I see a lot of whinning and finger pointing about this outfitter on here. Trouble is being long on rumors and short on evidence means this guy just keeps on doing what he is doing. Sounds like this guy works his ass off to get his clients big deer and the competition responses sound like sour grapes. That said I do not know him and can't comment on his tactics, however like anything else you either put up or shut up, get the hard evidence on the table and have him shut down, if you can't produce the evidence then everything said is just BS, rumors, and hear say.

Some pretty tall stories been told on here yet no one seems to be able to actually prove anything. Now that's a pretty slippery slope when it comes to slander, watch what you are accusing this guy of on a public forum.
They did prove it. F&W went undercover and charged him with 170 counts of various wildlife infractions. He was only convicted of a handful because they couldn't prove who had actually shot all those B&C whitetail and mule deer he was selling. I'm not commenting on rumours, the charges and convictions are public knowledge. As well as his arrogance towards wildlife officers.

There is no jealousy on his ability to kill big deer, he does every year. My comment was on his ethics. That's all.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM

It's funny old Lloyd M is hated by all for Poaching...And this guys a Saint because he kill's/poaches big deer year after year! Am I missing something here? How many convictions does one need before he is Deemed a LOWLIFE POACHER????????????
Old 12-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
They did prove it. F&W went undercover and charged him with 170 counts of various wildlife infractions. He was only convicted of a handful because they couldn't prove who had actually shot all those B&C whitetail and mule deer he was selling. I'm not commenting on rumours, the charges and convictions are public knowledge. As well as his arrogance towards wildlife officers.

There is no jealousy on his ability to kill big deer, he does every year. My comment was on his ethics. That's all.
Which ones was he convicted of, 170 charges does not mean a lot if the charges don't stick. For this guy to still be in business they must not of been too serious. I guess it doesn't really matter sounds like this guy works the edges of the laws to his advantage. Its too bad because all outfitters end up painted with the same brush.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Which ones was he convicted of, 170 charges does not mean a lot if the charges don't stick. For this guy to still be in business they must not of been too serious. I guess it doesn't really matter sounds like this guy works the edges of the laws to his advantage. Its too bad because all outfitters end up painted with the same brush.
That would only happen in the world of candy canes and unicorns, still in business lol... That's the issue here, there is no accountability with APOS, Lloyd M is still in business after breaking pretty well every rule in the book, srd will just fine and charge them and they will continue doing what they're doing because APOS is condoning this by inaction... I don't know anything about this particular fellow but often times where there is smoke there's a fire and when it actually does get proven there ought to be stiff and harsh penalties.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM

Default Bta

I've guided for BTA. There is nothing illegal about his operation. They kill big deer year after year because they do there homework, they have 45-50 trail cameras out running year round. Blake goes out scouting every day. It's his full time job.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantage Taxidermy View Post
Blake great deer keep it up
X2
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Lots of maybe this and maybe that. The fellow was convicted of selling wildlife - this and that. He is an outfitter. he must be a poaching lowlife. Wasn't there a thread on here about a year ago regarding a fellow from ,I believe the Killiam area that had a business that he hung antlers all over the walls and roof. Sold a bunch to an undercover co and got charged. Most on here were upset at the co for the charges. I don't see much difference. I guess this guy is an outfitter so lets grab the torches and pitchforks.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:41 PM

No matter where it was shot it is a cranker!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 AM

Great job Blake! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:37 AM

I don't pay much attention to unproven accusations, but he was well aware that what he was doing was illegal, and he plead guilty to charges.

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/20...ing-in-antlers

From the article.

Quote:
He quoted statements between Shmyr and the undercover officer as the offences were taking place, then saying the man standing before him yesterday knew full well what he was doing.

"Mr. Shmyr states 'the wildlife laws are being broken all the time and the chances of getting caught are so remote' ... Mr. Shmyr then states 'there are only two officers in the Spirit River area - the area's so big, good luck catching anybody,'" said Golden.

"'They have to see you do it. If I get charged, prove it man. See me in court.'"

I can't respect someone with that attitude.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-04-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:03 AM

I'm going on memory here but I believe he was fined $10,000 by the judge, $10,000 by APOS and lost his hunting privileges for five years. He did not lose guiding or outfitting privileges. He made more money than that selling the antlers and obviously doesn't care if he has a hunting license, I think the problem isn't jealousy, it's why is this person allowed to continue to profit off of hunting and why aren't there stiffer penalties? People can change, I know for a fact this was a wild deer and he had permission and it was harvested legally, I hope he's on the right path.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCL View Post
I'm going on memory here but I believe he was fined $10,000 by the judge, $10,000 by APOS and lost his hunting privileges for five years. He did not lose guiding or outfitting privileges. He made more money than that selling the antlers and obviously doesn't care if he has a hunting license, I think the problem isn't jealousy, it's why is this person allowed to continue to profit off of hunting and why aren't there stiffer penalties? People can change, I know for a fact this was a wild deer and he had permission and it was harvested legally, I hope he's on the right path.
If you check the link that I posted, you will see that he was fined $20,000 by the judge, nothing by APOS. The suspension was for 3 years.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM

I can honestly say I'm surprised at some of the members of AO for supporting a convicted poacher and somebody who has so little regard for F&W. I didn't expect this at all. Seems strange.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I can honestly say I'm surprised at some of the members of AO for supporting a convicted poacher and somebody who has so little regard for F&W. I didn't expect this at all. Seems strange.
Says a lot doesn't it, and these are people who take the time to post on a forum. Think about the ones who don't even own computer or take the time to post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Look them up? Big Tine Adventures..not too sure as to why you would imply this is a hoax? Monster's like this are taken regularly by Blake Shymre's clients.
Closed Thread