Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow
Default Anyone else get this email?

Dear Fellow Hunter:

Alberta Sustainable Resource Development continues to improve our methods of collecting game harvest survey information. Regardless of your hunting success, we are asking you to assist us by completing your 2011 hunting season game harvest information by using this short online web survey.

The harvest information collected in this survey is an important component for managing in Alberta. The survey consists of a few short questions and should take 2-3 minutes to complete.

Alberta Sustainable Resource Development has commissioned IBM Global Business Services to conduct this survey on our behalf. Please be assured that all responses will be treated in confidence and individual harvest results will not be disclosed.

While participation is voluntary, your feedback would be extremely valuable. The survey can be accessed through this URL:
http://survey-na.researchnow.com/wix...667&s=PBTSOMOP

We ask that you complete this short survey by January 31, 2012.

If you have purchased multiple licences you will be asked to complete a survey for each licence purchased. Please note that you may not be surveyed for all licenses that you’ve purchased. The questions relate to all licences associated with your email address provided when you registered with the Alberta RELM website. The list may include licences for other hunters if your email address was used on their behalf. We understand that you personally may not have hunted under each of these licences but ask that you answer each survey you have knowledge to do so.

If you have any questions about the survey, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section. If your questions are not addressed, please contact us by email at ahsurvey@ca.ibm.com or you can contact the Wildlife Management Branch at (780) 427-5185.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Ron Bjorge
Executive Director, Wildlife Management
Fish and Wildlife Division
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Default email

Yup, did mine already. They used to do phone surveys and now have this online version. Worked pretty good.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Did mine this am.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Got one for my bird hunting a couple weeks ago and for my big game hunting a few days ago. It's painless, takes two minutes.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Yep did mine as well. Great tool for them to access true information from the people out there getting it done about harvest numbers in specific wmu's..
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow

Just did mine as well. pretty effective system they got going now.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:36 AM

Yes, got it yesterday and filled it out already. My son also got his yesterday. Will fill it out tonight.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Why do any of you fill out this???? If you do say you never filled your tags and you never saw anything. This is the biggest tool to judge tag numbers. When it comes to sheep say you decided not to shoot but seen lots of legals. Some people really do see lots. I am sick of this as a tool for them. As some places are great and you see lots and others not at all. But some people think great hunting is seeing 5-6 deer. I think that is a joke. Our provide us to be unreal till our gov started with the slaughter tactic to our herds
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Yep, all done
Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
Why do any of you fill out this???? If you do say you never filled your tags and you never saw anything. This is the biggest tool to judge tag numbers. When it comes to sheep say you decided not to shoot but seen lots of legals. Some people really do see lots. I am sick of this as a tool for them. As some places are great and you see lots and others not at all. But some people think great hunting is seeing 5-6 deer. I think that is a joke. Our provide us to be unreal till our gov started with the slaughter tactic to our herds
This makes me puke!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Default ??

Quote:
I dont mean to be rude but I think you should just quite hunting and everything outdoors. I havent seen you post one positive thing about anything that another member has said. All you do is whine and complain about how things are done, sorry for putting this in the thread but yes I did my survey aswell.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
X2.. you should be ashamed to look at yourself in the mirror.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
1. You appear not to have even read the survey. It doesn't ask how many "legals" you have seen.

2. It SEEMS to me you are advocating trying to subvert proper game management so you can get a few more tags. I disagree strongly and think your views are pretty out-of-line on this board. Why not just forget about management and tags altogether? You probably won't get caught.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM

done and submitted
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Mine came about 3 weeks ago, quick and easy took about 2 minutes.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
1. You appear not to have even read the survey. It doesn't ask how many "legals" you have seen.

2. It SEEMS to me you are advocating trying to subvert proper game management so you can get a few more tags. I disagree strongly and think your views are pretty out-of-line on this board. Why not just forget about management and tags altogether? You probably won't get caught.
No I did not. Read it. I am for conservation. Not all the bs that has gone on for the last 5-8 years. I have been told by numerous people that they close areas down that do produce good hunting do to registrations and surveys. You can all scowl me but I do know officers that provide off record info that make you really wonder what the he'll is going on in Srd.

Also I think tags should be lowered as there is nothing left after Margo and her theory's have made out herds minimal at best. As for sheep I seen quite a few legal rams this year and I was not even hunting them as I was sidelined as I got one last year.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM

Did and Done
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM

Sure did. Got the bird hunting one a month ago, and the big game one a few weeks back.
This is something I would encourge everyone to do and take the 2 minutes to complete.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Got it done.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Did both of mine as well when I received them last month.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:01 PM

I did the survey.....usually do but I think the survey could be more indepth to give more accurate findings.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Yup, did mine 3 weeks ago !
Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM

Did mine as soon as they came, a few weeks ago.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Got both of them, replied to both.

Good to see F&W is beginning to use the internet for public input.

In discussions with the head Bio's, I've been told they would like to be able to produce more surveys ( harvest and management proposals) for public input. There simply is no staff to get the job done. Staff is too busy with other work to get everything done. It is a money issue, or more accurately, a priority issue with the government.

Justin....
Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM

It has been a few years since the last bird survey- I'm interested to see the results. I have entered all my info- done. Great program for game management and an interesting snapshot of overall animal harvest.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Default Survey

Done it last week.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Hunter/angler outcomes is a key performance measure for SRD fish and game managers.
While it isn't "officially" reported to the Auditor General each spring in the ministry's annual report one directly related to it is.
That's the number of hunting and angling licenses sold as a direct measure of how well the department bureaucrats and minister are performing.
When success ratios fall off significantly - as I've got an inkling they did this year with big game and the last two with upland - this should be a serious heads-up for the managers that a dip in license sales could be on the way. So they better get their rears in gear.
These are important numbers and rather than seeing them as a conspiracy to reduce the number of tags it is actually an integral tool for holding their feet to the fire.
Especially since don't have the stones to conduct an annual client satisfaction survey. Which would surely be a blow-out.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No I did not. Read it. I am for conservation. Not all the bs that has gone on for the last 5-8 years. I have been told by numerous people that they close areas down that do produce good hunting do to registrations and surveys. You can all scowl me but I do know officers that provide off record info that make you really wonder what the he'll is going on in Srd.

Also I think tags should be lowered as there is nothing left after Margo and her theory's have made out herds minimal at best. As for sheep I seen quite a few legal rams this year and I was not even hunting them as I was sidelined as I got one last year.

Go get a box of Kleenex already....all you do is complain about what SRD is doing and had done! Margo and her theory's! What about a hard winter that killed upto 50% of the herd. I think your pointing your fingers the wrong direction.

I filled in my survey a few weeks back.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Yes i did mine, my only problem with the online survey is i use to be one of the guys doing the phoning with the odd system and really enjoyed talking to 99 precent of the guys that i called, their was always that 1 precent that had to be a jerk, looks like i now know how that 1 precent was now..
Thank goodness i found AO to fill that void and still get to talk to the 99 precent of the great guys and gals..

Jim..
Old 01-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Default IBM making the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Yes i did mine, my only problem with the online survey is i use to be one of the guys doing the phoning with the odd system and really enjoyed talking to 99 precent of the guys that i called, their was always that 1 precent that had to be a jerk, looks like i now know how that 1 precent was now..
Thank goodness i found AO to fill that void and still get to talk to the 99 precent of the great guys and gals..

Jim..
Yes, us as well doing the phone arounds. It was informative plus it made a few bucks for the Grass Roots groups that got things done. Now I think all the money goes to IBM, just like just like the phone calls to put in for your Draw Applications. Where does that $3.00 a minute go to anyhow?