Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 PM

At the rate its going either people will stop having them stolen because the theives will have so many they wont know what to do with them, or there will be some sweet deals on trail cams on kijiji. I would like to get a few but hearing about how often they get stolen I have decided not to. Yeah it sucks, but a couple hundered dollar cam or a couple hundred cash stolen is still money lost. Ill just keep my cash.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
Funny you dont mind posting your picture on a public forum though,If thats your pic in your avitar.
my choice.... not mine when your camera takes my picture and then what you have a picture that if i have permission you should not have period.....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
Ban trail cams?....... Eye sore?.....Littering?.....
That's some funny jit

Nikon
lol... I hate them.... i had nothing else to say as I am beond sick of people whining about them.....just ban them.... Also to another poster... we dont live in the same province it was 15-20 years ago..... It would be like putting a thousand dollar on the dash of your truck if you dont protect you and your self......
Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRageRor View Post
I had 3 cams in the area I lost mine and got a picture of the camera thief.i put it on Facebook but haven't gotten a positive ID yet. Just a matter of time tho.
Good for you. Thievery is wrong. We need to stop blaming the victims of crime.

As for the banners, it's simple: if you want privacy, stay off public land.

(If anybody is annoyed because they might lose the freedom to rip up muskeg or burn donuts on an alpine meadow on their quad - too bad.)
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Good for you. Thievery is wrong. We need to stop blaming the victims of crime.

As for the banners, it's simple: if you want privacy, stay off public land.

(If anybody is annoyed because they might lose the freedom to rip up muskeg or burn donuts on an alpine meadow on their quad - too bad.)
wow.... Pull your head out and breath...... How s a trail cam catching all of this???? I hate them period.... I aint out tresspassing or breaking the law.... I should have a choice is you or anybody else takes my picture without permission.... How about I break everyone that does take my picture????? Does that make it rite??? No it sure does not... Yes it is public land... my privacy is not public..... so how do you get off coming and sayng us Banner????? I dont agree in them for hunting either... get off your but and find them and hunt them..... that is hunting....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
wow.... Pull your head out and breath...... How s a trail cam catching all of this???? I hate them period.... I aint out tresspassing or breaking the law.... I should have a choice is you or anybody else takes my picture without permission.... How about I break everyone that does take my picture????? Does that make it rite??? No it sure does not... Yes it is public land... my privacy is not public..... so how do you get off coming and sayng us Banner????? I dont agree in them for hunting either... get off your but and find them and hunt them..... that is hunting....
Which shoulder is the chip on? Save the trolling for the lake.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM

Justin, If you have been in any banks, or convienience stores, or cities for that matter, i have some bad news....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Which shoulder is the chip on? Save the trolling for the lake.
lol.... are you the forum police??? i dont troll i am sick of the crap about trail cams
Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Justin, If you have been in any banks, or convienience stores, or cities for that matter, i have some bad news....
i know... i dont agree with that either..... I am done on this thread.... lock up your crap....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol.... are you the forum police??? i dont troll i am sick of the crap about trail cams
Then don't let threads about trail cams enter into your time spent on the site.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Then don't let threads about trail cams enter into your time spent on the site.
well if people would put a lock on them we would not hear all the whining about them being stollen.... that is what i am sick of....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Actually as soon as you leave your house you don't have a choice who takes your picture. If I was walking down the street and saw you and thought it would make a nice picture I could take it, without asking or anything. The reason is once you are in a public space you have no expectation of privacy. And your privacy is not public but once you are in a public space you don't have any privacy. If you want privacy stay on your own land.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atka View Post
Actually as soon as you leave your house you don't have a choice who takes your picture. If I was walking down the street and saw you and thought it would make a nice picture I could take it, without asking or anything. The reason is once you are in a public space you have no expectation of privacy. And your privacy is not public but once you are in a public space you don't have any privacy. If you want privacy stay on your own land.
thanks. I sill disagree with them on public land...
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
You have to be smarter Damien, no locks and not even working ? and ya, very little chance the thief is a member here on AO. Stolen trail can rants Just leads people to have odd ball opinions on trail cams.
I'm taking a trip Monday to pull my cams on our land and into the adjoining green zone. 12 of them, and I run as many as 24 in the summer and fall, and I have never lost one in our area. Only the odd pic of a hunter too.

Strange opinion on trail cams Justin but your opinion is yours.
I also get a kick out of people who have permission on private land and they think it is soly theirs to hunt on. maybe ask the question, for safety reasons, if anybody else will be on the property on that day.
If the land owner gave you reason to believe you have free reign, and someone else shows' up, well, just the way it goes I guess, he is either trespassing, or the land owner is too nice of a guy.

Oh, springer, Can Tire, hunting section, camo Master Python cable locks, usually sets of 4 Keyes alike.
TBark
Thanks T-bark....Look forward to getting the camera in place..I will pick me up a couple cable locks.
I am sure after 1 camera a guy needs to get another and another...
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Really? Your words seem about as narrow minded as the antis. Maybe put away your gun and your P/U Truck too while your at it!
You talk about everyone else ranting...look in the mirror bud!!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 AM

I like the old ways and I do not like trail cams for hunting purposes. Too me it seems like you are using night lights to find game. It's like using an airplane to scout for game the day before the season opens. Some guys get those binos you can see at night with but I wonder how they make their kills. Are you not supposed to wait until sunup. But I guess the question is how did we get to this position. With all the roads and quad trails game had to start feeding at night and sleeping during the day to survive. Now we are using technology to find game at night. I think trail cams should be left for scientists doing research. just my opinion and you can have yours.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Springer, sent you an PM on the locking cables.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
At the rate its going either people will stop having them stolen because the theives will have so many they wont know what to do with them, or there will be some sweet deals on trail cams on kijiji. I would like to get a few but hearing about how often they get stolen I have decided not to. Yeah it sucks, but a couple hundered dollar cam or a couple hundred cash stolen is still money lost. Ill just keep my cash.
Why buy one? They grow on trees in the woods. Free for the taking.

Grizz
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM

Default When they work

Quote:
lol... I hate them.... i had nothing else to say as I am beond sick of people whining about them.....just ban them.... Also to another poster... we dont live in the same province it was 15-20 years ago..... It would be like putting a thousand dollar on the dash of your truck if you dont protect you and your self......
I actually really like using them when they work........lol..... Just went out to grab my Sask camera and looks like the deer pulled the 12v cord out of my camera and I missed the last week of nov and first week of dec....... I was tagged out but wanted to see what the peek rut would bring by...... Very disappointed in my stealth cam and the way they plug the 12v inot the bottom of the cameras.... Seem to pull out very easy........ Next year I set up 2 i guess

Nikon
Old 01-08-2012, 04:56 PM

Default trail cams

Don't know if you lockem to trees on Crown Land,if so that's not too smart on your behalf.sorry about your loose.I see lots of stuff on crown land and leave it alone but there are a lot that don't...
Old 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM

My 2 cents, i used bear claw ( trap ) once around my cams to protect em, the thief got hes foot broken and never returned.

I still use hidden trap on ground around my cams. I dear you to try step close to 1.

also the nail carpet work well if they use Atv or truck to reach your hunting spot. Specially on private land .

I have 0 pity for thiefs. If i could use em to bait black bear i would..
Old 01-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Need rest

Please describe the nail carpet method, as i could use a bunch of them. And to you Justin, put the bottle down, sober up, only then reply to threads.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Isn't there a virus you can load on the cam that will transfer over to an sd card once it's loaded into the cam. Once the sd card is loaded into a computer it transfers over. Mind you the thieves that steal the cam are probably aware of how to get around it. I just can't figure out why people want to steal someone elses property.... It's brutal!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM

I had some nice person steal my trail cam on our quarter section this hunting season. The great person also left garbage behind while he trespassed on our land. I am frequently reminded why I don't let random people hunt on our property. The dumb few ruin it for everyone.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSako View Post
My 2 cents, i used bear claw ( trap ) once around my cams to protect em, the thief got hes foot broken and never returned.

I still use hidden trap on ground around my cams. I dear you to try step close to 1.

also the nail carpet work well if they use Atv or truck to reach your hunting spot. Specially on private land .

I have 0 pity for thiefs. If i could use em to bait black bear i would..
please please tell me this is on your own private land. i have a dog that walks with me and children too......... im assuming its your land. if so, not a bad idea.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Sickening

It is sickening that punks steal those things! Karma to the thieves is a b****.

As for the comment about being tired of hearing people whining so ban then already...if that was the attitude of everyone no one would have anything! You don't like seeing them fair enough but many people do so everyone is entitled to their opinions and activities.

Morb
Old 01-10-2012, 01:19 AM

Default This may sound dumb but it works!!

Use two cameras. One camera is set up for geting you idea shots of animals the second camera is better hidden and set up only to catch the people stealing your camera. When you get a picture of them stealing your camera go to thr RCMP report it and them, print the picture in the local paper and ill bet you will find out who stole your camera or they will never take one again. Workrd in my area.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 AM

I don't post very often but just read all the grown men argue about stupid chit. As for justinC, I feel your are always bitching and having negative feedback because you are trying to make up for something. Does the wife wear the pants? just sayin' Not hard to just read and not comment.

Biggmac
Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggmac View Post
I don't post very often but just read all the grown men argue about stupid chit. As for justinC, I feel your are always bitching and having negative feedback because you are trying to make up for something. Does the wife wear the pants? just sayin' Not hard to just read and not comment.
Why would I comment positive when there ain't to much positive with our province. I was born hear and seen it go from nothing to something. Then our gov turned almost all back to nothing. Like packhuntr says take while you still can. I don't like cameras. So drop it. As for not contributing. I have helped out lots of people with there first fish to there first biggame animal. I have went out and helped with many different projects to make our wildlife numbers and our ecosystem better. What have you an all of the people knocking me done???????? Ya that is rite. Sit on your couch and get yelled at by your wife to do something other than make a dent in the couch or the seat at the computer.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

I knew you couldn't stay away from this thread. Give yourself a pat on the back for me for being such a wonderful conservationist and helping Alberta wildlife. There should be more people like you, just not enough hero cookies to go around. Happy hunting/bitching. Whatever you desire.

Biggmac
Closed Thread