Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Default thanks rotten theives

Thanks to the scum of the woods I will be buying more trail cams. guess it was to much work to take the stands to, you stupid little punks you can't even use the cams they are locked with a password so if any one has been east of red deer about 10 km west of delburne if I catch you in that property there will be hell to pay. but if your sorry assess have a conscience you can pm me and give my cams back
Old 01-07-2012, 06:19 PM

Don't think your gettin those back
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 PM

For those reasons I have enclosed cases that screw into the tree and Python locks. Nothing worse then to go check your cameras only to find the've been stolen. Sorry to hear that!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

I hope Alberta bans trail cams in our province as I am sick of herring ever two to three days about these things getting stolen. Also I do not give anybody my permission to take my picture on there cams. I hate every time I go out I get a picture taken or just see them. They are an eye sore and should be treated as littering. Sorry to th poster as I hate that a scumbag stole yours.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Are you ranting...or hoping they are members of this forum? And , locked with a password? Whats stopping them from pulling the SD cards? Were they secured to the tree with a locking cable?
Just asking...because i am curious by nature.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Default .

no there was no locking cables as no one else had permission except for me and there were no sd cards in them as i had already pulled them and didnt have a chance to put any back so all they got is some frozen batteries and a cam they cant use
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
I hope Alberta bans trail cams in our province as I am sick of herring ever two to three days about these things getting stolen. Also I do not give anybody my permission to take my picture on there cams. I hate every time I go out I get a picture taken or just see them. They are an eye sore and should be treated as littering. Sorry to th poster as I hate that a scumbag stole yours.
????? What???? Noone needs permission to record images of anyone in public. You have no expectation of privacy in a public area which includes the woods. And how is a little 5x8 camo box secured to a tree an eyesore?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 PM

Ok, so no locking cables...you expect people dont trespass? Sheesh. I spent $6 each on locking cables for my trail cams. A small price for a camera. Only lost one. And they worked for it by cutting the tree and sliding the camera off. Ok, lesson learned.
Why come on here posting that the person responsible should give it back? I think the people on this site have more respect and a higher degree of honor and values than cam thief thieves. And if some dont, they wont be coming forward to return your cams.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
????? What???? Noone needs permission to record images of anyone in public. You have no expectation of privacy in a public area which includes the woods. And how is a little 5x8 camo box secured to a tree an eyesore?
Cause they are period. Is it a tree???? No it is plastic that sticks out like a sore thumb. Also if you guys don't lock them up I don't feel bad at all. As we all know they are stolen all the time were no one has permission. Well armrest you think so. We had a place were all were told we were the only ones till we all went to sort things out with land owner and he gave 4 different guys permission.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 PM

I agree Justin. Its like bitching because someone stole something from your unlocked vehicle you left parked on the street overnight. My cameras are worth a lot to me, the pictures they take...priceless. A $6 cable lock against a trail cam...no contest. ****es me off that people rant in here like they expect someone from the message board stole them. I think the people who post here have more scruples than that.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Hmmm Are you trespassing on other peoples land that you are seeing these trail cams, My land is all posted i catch you in there you will be charged no question about it,,if you dont have permission then stay off of it. simple as that.

Sorry to hear about your cams being pilfered,,nothing is scared,,need to start making examples of some of these guys with some hidden cams of them stealing the others,
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Default thanks for the opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm08 View Post
I agree Justin. Its like bitching because someone stole something from your unlocked vehicle you left parked on the street overnight. My cameras are worth a lot to me, the pictures they take...priceless. A $6 cable lock against a trail cam...no contest. ****es me off that people rant in here like they expect someone from the message board stole them. I think the people who post here have more scruples than that.
actually i didnt blame anyone on the forum nor did i say it was someone from here i just suggested if it was and they had the balls to return it since they are unable to use it anyway but as everyone know opinions are like ***holes everybody has one
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetrider2011 View Post
Hmmm Are you trespassing on other peoples land that you are seeing these trail cams, My land is all posted i catch you in there you will be charged no question about it,,if you dont have permission then stay off of it. simple as that.

Sorry to hear about your cams being pilfered,,nothing is scared,,need to start making examples of some of these guys with some hidden cams of them stealing the others,
Nope no trespassing. I don't like them and don't think they should be aloud on public or lease land. Period. I like how a couple states ban them period for any purpose for hunting. Lock them up or quit complaining.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienelliott View Post
actually i didnt blame anyone on the forum nor did i say it was someone from here i just suggested if it was and they had the balls to return it since they are unable to use it anyway but as everyone know opinions are like ***holes everybody has one
Great reply. Buy a lock much easier. The scumbag will not return anything.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Default stop tresspassing

how about the people that tresspass on posted land stop tresspassing not only as well as tresspassing but stealing someones stuff that should be fine as no one should be in there besides me juat as you dont like you pic taken when you are on public land so quit complaining those cams have a place in the woods just as well you do none of my stuff is on public land so in my mind it should be fine right where it is
Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Funny you dont mind posting your picture on a public forum though,If thats your pic in your avitar.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
how about the people that tresspass on posted land stop tresspassing not only as well as tresspassing but stealing someones stuff that should be fine as no one should be in there besides me juat as you dont like you pic taken when you are on public land so quit complaining those cams have a place in the woods just as well you do none of my stuff is on public land so in my mind it should be fine right where it is
Sigh...if you think someone is not going to trespass...and that same person who is trespassing will not steal anything they see or stumble upon, then Have i got a deal for you...I have this bridge in Brooklyn, New York....

Get used to it. People do things they are not supposed to...take things that dont belong to them...sorry if age and experience have jaded me, but I dont leave anything to chance. I know people. I have seen the, patterned them..and I still am not amazed or shocked habits of the ruthless or lawless. Welcome to the real world. Glad it only cost you a trail cam. Next time, err on the side of caution and lock them up. Permission, like a lock, will only deter an honest person
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Guys the bottom line is people are taking stuff that does not belong to them,
So thats what our society has come too i guess by what some of you are saying," If its not locked up and if its not on prviate property and someone steals everything out of your vehicle dont bitch about it cause it was exspected to happen anyways"

I run lots of trail cameras and look forward to it each year, Theres only about 2 months a year i dont have them out, I have seen numberous cameras in the field when hunting, I just continue on my way past them whats so hard about that!! Why do you some thing they have to steal them

I have lost cameras ,stands ect as well it sucks and i feel for you dude but some people just have no morals. You can chain them ,lock bocks ect if they want them they will take them, All your doing is spending more money on more equipment that they will take anyways. It may deter them at the moment but if he or she cant get it, dont think for one minute they are not coming back for the tools to take them. I have heard people say they cut the tree down they shoot the lock off or they shoot the cable, Cut the cable off, them bastards have there ways, they are thieves thats the bottom line!!!:
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm08 View Post
Sigh...if you think someone is not going to trespass...and that same person who is trespassing will not steal anything they see or stumble upon, then Have i got a deal for you...I have this bridge in Brooklyn, New York....

Get used to it. People do things they are not supposed to...take things that dont belong to them...sorry if age and experience have jaded me, but I dont leave anything to chance. I know people. I have seen the, patterned them..and I still am not amazed or shocked habits of the ruthless or lawless. Welcome to the real world. Glad it only cost you a trail cam. Next time, err on the side of caution and lock them up. Permission, like a lock, will only deter an honest person
thanks for the great opinions of yours they are really appreciated i will invest in a 6 dollar lock and be just like your self and lock everything up instead of being an honest guy and expect the same from other hunters since all the hunting community is suppose to be a family/community unit and should respect one another and dont tell me they werent hunting because i can garantee they were and it was some young new "hunter" but really is a poacher and theif that has no guidance and no respect for anything and these people need to be addressed and something needs to be done about these idiots
Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Ban trail cams?....... Eye sore?.....Littering?.....
That's some funny jit

Nikon
Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 PM

Where do you pick up the cable locks 7MM ? I am looking very forward to putting up my first trail Cam. I will also build a Security box because the store bought ones i have seen appear a little flimsy..
Old 01-07-2012, 08:37 PM

You have to be smarter Damien, no locks and not even working ? and ya, very little chance the thief is a member here on AO. Stolen trail can rants Just leads people to have odd ball opinions on trail cams.
I'm taking a trip Monday to pull my cams on our land and into the adjoining green zone. 12 of them, and I run as many as 24 in the summer and fall, and I have never lost one in our area. Only the odd pic of a hunter too.

Strange opinion on trail cams Justin but your opinion is yours.
I also get a kick out of people who have permission on private land and they think it is soly theirs to hunt on. maybe ask the question, for safety reasons, if anybody else will be on the property on that day.
If the land owner gave you reason to believe you have free reign, and someone else shows' up, well, just the way it goes I guess, he is either trespassing, or the land owner is too nice of a guy.

Oh, springer, Can Tire, hunting section, camo Master Python cable locks, usually sets of 4 Keyes alike.
TBark
Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM

"trail cam hunting" is the new "shed hunting".....love it
Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 PM

Just lost my first camera Dec 21. Sucks was my best spot too.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 PM

Maybe next time you need a trail cam to protect your trail cam...

But as they say locks only keep the honest , honest

You might thing of a better spot next time for your cam
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Default next time

next time i want to be in my stand when they come by
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Like Harry Dude says a good method is to hide a second camera in a hidden spot....set to take pictures of a very conspicuous camera...."a picture is worth a thousand words when u catch the worm!!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
Ban trail cams?....... Eye sore?.....Littering?.....
That's some funny jit

Nikon

IMO, we need more trail cams, not less. There's some goofs out there who need to be caught; esp. on crown land.

If you think you're going to be photographed doing something wrong, wear a balaclava.

OP - Have you considered putting up a trail cam watching a trail cam? Just sayin'.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
next time i want to be in my stand when they come by
Bow kill thief=respect+jail+rape
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 PM

I had 3 cams in the area I lost mine and got a picture of the camera thief.i put it on Facebook but haven't gotten a positive ID yet. Just a matter of time tho.
Closed Thread