Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
bearbait

Default polaris ranger

just bought a ranger with cab incloser snow blade and track kit...this thig is going to rock...i get to pick it up in 6 days...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
bearbait

Default pic

Old 02-20-2007, 07:59 PM
huntercam

Default Re: pic

How much? it looks like it might just go places:b
Old 02-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Funtimetim

Default Re: pic

Nice ride Bearbait,

I am the Corporate Sales Rep. for Polaris A.T.V.'s and U.T.V.'s and can tell you that that thing will go anywere. By the picture I can't tell if your unit is a 500 e.f..i or a 700 e.f.i.
I'm assuming it's a 700. If you have any questions on your machine don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy,
Tim

P.S. What dealer did you buy your unit at?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
bearbait

Default p

got it at athabasca outdoor...best price i could find...
how long will the tracks last??i got the xp 700 efi lots of power is always good!!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
bearbait

Default price

it cost alot 23,000 riged up with all the bells and whistles!!tracks are 5,000 alone!!but look fun in the polaris vid!!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 PM
HIBACKPACKER

Default Re: price

Hey
Way to go hope you have as much fun as I do with my Rhino.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Funtimetim

The o.e.m tracks are designed for snow use mainly. They can be run when there is no snow present, but I would advise it be in wet conditions like Spring riding or muskeg areas. I have used them in powder up to my chest and had no troubles, the floatation is unreal.

Tim
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
prairieboy

I hope that your Ranger proves to be reliable.We have several Rangers at work and they always seem to be in the shop for repairs.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Funtimetim

What year?
What type of company is it, what are you using them for?

Tim
Old 02-21-2007, 12:31 AM
prairieboy

I work for Syncrude.We have a small fleet of Rangers that are used extensively on our site roadways as smaller cheaper alternatives to trucks.They primarily haul people and smaller tool boxes and materials.They have proven to be very unreliable and require a great deal of maintenance,despite not being used offroad or to haul heavy loads.These Rangers are 500cc units that we purchased two years ago.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Funtimetim

Default Rangers

Hey Prairieboy,

Sorry to hear you are not having good luck with your Rangers. If you have a contact that I can call to discuss these units with maybe we can get these issue resolved or I can try to help in the trade for new ones. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Tim
Old 02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Anglinfool

Default Re: Rangers

Thats sweet! Love the tracks!
My good buddy has a 700 as well. He got everything you did but the tracks. It goes pretty good in the bush, but he keeps blowing the bead with the factory tires. We've had some interesting times getting tires back on. Another thing is the windshield. It's scratched up big time. He doesn't even use it anymore unless he's plowing around his yard.

Those tracks must be fun!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM
prairieboy

Quote:
If you have a contact that I can call to discuss these units with maybe we can get these issue resolved or I can try to help in the trade for new ones.
With all of the problems that we have with the current Rangers,I highly doubt that the company would even consider buying new ones.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
fallairfever

That is one kickazz ride,
There was one at the sportsman show looked pretty cool! Like the front bench seat, just enough room for me and my 2 boys. Next year when I start looking maybe I can get lucky enough to find a good used one.
Have fun looks awesome!
FallAirFever
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Funtimetim

Anglinfool,

If your buddy is running 14'' rims that is most likely the reason. They do not have enough wall on the rim to hold the tire on when hard cornering with that kind of weight. Poor design, talk to the dealer that sold him the unit and they may be able to get an exchange or credit for the 14'' for 12's.

Tim
Old 02-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Anglinfool

Thanks for the info. I'm not too sure what size they are. Off the top of my head, I'd say they are 12..... Every time we've had to put them back on in the bush, it's been dark. You can see them in the background on this pic.

I'll be over there tonight, so we'll see.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
sportsman

Default Polaris Razor

If you search Polaris Razor you will get a link to some videos of the new Ranger Razor that is coming out this summer/fall. (its not even on the Polaris site yet) It looks pretty cool. It is still a side by side but is narrower and lighter than the other side bys on the market and from looking at how it moves its got plenty of power.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Anglinfool

Default Razor

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hliIZ9aAJUo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V...r%2D800%2F

Looks sweet!!! Anyone want to buy the slightly used Kodiak 450 pictured above when the Razor come out?

:rollin
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Funtimetim

Default Re: Razor

The new RZR is an 800 efi and is 54'' wide (only 4'' wider than a quad) They will be a limited release with only 2 allocated per dealer in Canada. We are hopeing to see them in late June or July. They are listed at $13,999. Can't wait!

Tim
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
bearbait

Default tracks

still waiting on track kit...TIM are they on back order or something???dealer has everything else in but tracks are held up....
Old 02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Funtimetim

Default Re: tracks

Just read your post, I'll check in the morning and get back to you. Nothing that I can think of or heard.

Tim
Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Funtimetim

Default Re: tracks

I have a set of Polaris Prospector tracks in Edmonton, let me know if you want them or the dealer is going to send them back to Polaris Monday.

Tim
Old 03-04-2007, 03:01 PM
bearbait

Default tracks

i have already paid for them through athabasca outdoors so ill have to wait for them i guess...they should have been there on friday so hes going to ship them to me when they come in...thanks for looking into it for me though!!i have the ranger and its a great machine!!rides very smooth and has lots of power...took it out to carson lake on sat and was able to get all my gear into the box with no problem and still had room...thats the auger,tackle for two heater tent rods chairs my size 13 baffins plus some....man i love this thing!!!