Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Yep I filled it out and everyone should.
Those who see a conspiracy in the harvest survey need to loosen the tin foil on their heads.
I prefer a voluntary survey over mandatory registering of kills.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Yup I did both..I think hunters should do their part and help collect data.

Quote:
Why do any of you fill out this???? If you do say you never filled your tags and you never saw anything. This is the biggest tool to judge tag numbers. When it comes to sheep say you decided not to shoot but seen lots of legals. Some people really do see lots. I am sick of this as a tool for them. As some places are great and you see lots and others not at all. But some people think great hunting is seeing 5-6 deer. I think that is a joke. Our provide us to be unreal till our gov started with the slaughter tactic to our herds
Your usual verbal diarrhea is getting old!

Last edited by shedcrazy; 01-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 PM

Default Yup

Yup filled out both mine already! Seems like another useful tool to get another perspective.

Morb
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM

Default Mine Too

Done mine awhile ago -- anything to help conservation

Cheers
Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM

Got it yesterday, all filled out, took a couple minutes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
No I did not. Read it. I am for conservation. Not all the bs that has gone on for the last 5-8 years. I have been told by numerous people that they close areas down that do produce good hunting do to registrations and surveys. You can all scowl me but I do know officers that provide off record info that make you really wonder what the he'll is going on in Srd.

Also I think tags should be lowered as there is nothing left after Margo and her theory's have made out herds minimal at best. As for sheep I seen quite a few legal rams this year and I was not even hunting them as I was sidelined as I got one last year.

Never even read it and you are complaining about it?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Yes. I completed it same day.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Talking

This survey is a great thing

It allows SRD to determine how many tags outfitters get first, then if there are a couple tags left over, residents can put in for the draw.......

Jk. Lol
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM

Yup, done.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Well I'm sorta with Justin on this one. As long as there is APOS and native hunting I refuse to answer/fillout these surveys. It seems to me that all they do is end up costing me opportunities to hunt. Used to enjoy the phone surveys but quit the year that moose went on draw pretty well provincewide. Told the guy that called that year "no thanks" and why. He said I wasn't the first one to tell him that.

I know huntinstuff was being a little 'tongue in cheek' but it does ring true to some extent. I know it's a bit of a pipe dream but I'd like seasons and draws and harvest numbers to be based on science and actual counts instead of stuff like these surveys.

That how I see it. Agree or don't agree - I really don't care. Flame away
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb8er View Post
Well I'm sorta with Justin on this one. As long as there is APOS and native hunting I refuse to answer/fillout these surveys. It seems to me that all they do is end up costing me opportunities to hunt. Used to enjoy the phone surveys but quit the year that moose went on draw pretty well provincewide. Told the guy that called that year "no thanks" and why. He said I wasn't the first one to tell him that.

I know huntinstuff was being a little 'tongue in cheek' but it does ring true to some extent. I know it's a bit of a pipe dream but I'd like seasons and draws and harvest numbers to be based on science and actual counts instead of stuff like these surveys.

That how I see it. Agree or don't agree - I really don't care. Flame away
You got it. I am trying to save animals and opportunity. I am not the only one. I know lots of guys that give all the answers to make it so tag numbers go down and keep other opportunity up. He'll if it was left to all of Alberta hunters I think all animals would be shot dead. I remember a post how some guy said I am going to go were they have all winterkilled and shot up for cwd and shoot 2 does just to donate to the food bank. Wow that is conservation. If you don't need it don't shoot it. hey shedcrazy. Why are you sick of hearing me??? Cause you and a bunch of others are responsible for the Alberta slaughter????? I atlases am fighting to save our animals before they are all gone. I draw Dow tags just to throw tags in the garbage aswell. Someone has to save them.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Outfitters can not renew there outfitter licence if they don't regestier there harvest report. Natives are also also are asked to report any harvest.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
sheephunter

Just did mine. Never received the first notice but they sent a second notice.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Dear Fellow Hunter:

Alberta Sustainable Resource Development continues to improve our methods of collecting game harvest survey information. Regardless of your hunting success, we are asking you to assist us by completing your 2011 hunting season game harvest information by using this short online web survey.

The harvest information collected in this survey is an important component for managing in Alberta. The survey consists of a few short questions and should take 2-3 minutes to complete.

Alberta Sustainable Resource Development has commissioned IBM Global Business Services to conduct this survey on our behalf. Please be assured that all responses will be treated in confidence and individual harvest results will not be disclosed.While participation is voluntary, your feedback would be extremely valuable. The survey can be accessed through this URL:
http://survey-na.researchnow.com/wix...667&s=PBTSOMOP

We ask that you complete this short survey by January 31, 2012.

If you have purchased multiple licences you will be asked to complete a survey for each licence purchased. Please note that you may not be surveyed for all licenses that you’ve purchased. The questions relate to all licences associated with your email address provided when you registered with the Alberta RELM website. The list may include licences for other hunters if your email address was used on their behalf. We understand that you personally may not have hunted under each of these licences but ask that you answer each survey you have knowledge to do so.

If you have any questions about the survey, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section. If your questions are not addressed, please contact us by email at ahsurvey@ca.ibm.com or you can contact the Wildlife Management Branch at (780) 427-5185.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Ron Bjorge
Executive Director, Wildlife Management
Fish and Wildlife Division
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development

Done mine a couple of weeks back
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUCWhatIC View Post
This makes me puke!
X2. and then he says he didn't even read it. what a JOKE!!!!!

get real Justin
Old 01-11-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
hey shedcrazy. Why are you sick of hearing me??? Cause you and a bunch of others are responsible for the Alberta slaughter????? I atlases am fighting to save our animals before they are all gone. I draw Dow tags just to throw tags in the garbage aswell. Someone has to save them.
Lol...no I am sick of your rants because they seem to ruin many threads, same meaningless dribble, you don't read what you comment on and they show your lack of knowledge and comprehension of basic wildlife management issues. Plus sometimes you need to read them 10x to even understand what your typing since they are so poorly written.
I know you have been told this numerous times but due to your lack of simple comprehension you can't seem to grasp that I have nothing to do with the allotment of tags in Alberta. If by hunting with my family I am part of the "Alberta slaughter" then fine...your right I hunt. I though this was a hunting discussion forum.
Since you want to slag me at what I do for a living, what does someone who knows everything and thinks everyone is doing an awful job do for a living? Well, in-between fighting to save all the animals of Alberta that is....

I apologize to the OP for the side track but enough is enough.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM

I agree Shedcrazy...I havent seen many threads where Justinc C hasn't had some negative or out there comments

One of those guys with lots to say and you can take about 1% with any real susbstance
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch10 View Post
I agree Shedcrazy...I havent seen many threads where Justinc C hasn't had some negative or out there comments

One of those guys with lots to say and you can take about 1% with any real susbstance
I havent seen a thread where he hasnt said something negative.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcrazy View Post
what does someone who knows everything and thinks everyone is doing an awful job do for a living? Well, in-between fighting to save all the animals of Alberta that is....
Well Said ShedCrazy!
JustinC there are lots of other factors to consider when talking about deer populations in Alberta. Its not about having the most deer possible, my family farms and when you have herds of elk and deer that destroy your feed stacks, thats our livelyhood. In fact I'd guess there are a good number of forum members on here that have had a vehicle collision with wildlife, money we can use elsewhere. I hunt and live near the cull areas. I can still go out and find deer. Yah not as many as in other years, but I think they were overpopulated to begin with. Mother nature is the most powerful tool that controls deer numbers, not culls, and not hunting seasons. You mentioned talking to officers about what was really going on, I'd like to know what they said to you, and who it was.....I'm guess thats one you are making a mountain of when it is really a mole hill.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 PM

I did both the upland and the big game survey. The way I look at it, it is one more tool for the wildlife managers to use to make the best informed scientific decision possible. Who can argue with that???
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM

Yep, gave the government the news that I got skunked again. I gotta learn to hunt better.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Did mine to!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
You got it. I am trying to save animals and opportunity. I am not the only one. I know lots of guys that give all the answers to make it so tag numbers go down and keep other opportunity up. He'll if it was left to all of Alberta hunters I think all animals would be shot dead. I remember a post how some guy said I am going to go were they have all winterkilled and shot up for cwd and shoot 2 does just to donate to the food bank. Wow that is conservation. If you don't need it don't shoot it. hey shedcrazy. Why are you sick of hearing me??? Cause you and a bunch of others are responsible for the Alberta slaughter????? I atlases am fighting to save our animals before they are all gone. I draw Dow tags just to throw tags in the garbage aswell. Someone has to save them.
"if it was left up to all alberta hunters I think all animals would be shot dead"

You truly in a class of your own. Keep on keeping on Justin
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 PM

I did mine, but I did wonder who is getting the money that the local F&G clubs got for doing the phoning on the surveys.