Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM

Default 338 (719) Elk Draw looking for access

Hi i have drawn a Carrot Creek 338 (719) Anterless Elk Dec 21 to Jan 20 north of the power line, if anyone knows of a land owner that will allow access or any good crown land in this area please PM me

Thanks

Alex
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtaxe View Post
Hi i have drawn a Carrot Creek 338 (719) Anterless Elk Dec 21 to Jan 20 north of the power line, if anyone knows of a land owner that will allow access or any good crown land in this area please PM me

Thanks

Alex
Good luck, i had the same draw years ago and didnt have any luck with landowners.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm not trying to be an azz, but would you not try to secure permission before you applied for the draw? Or over the summer? Good luck finding somewhere to hunt! Fingers are crossed for ya!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtaxe View Post

Thanks

Alex
If you go to Range road 113 and head south, you will come to the power lines, you can travel down the power lines for miles by quad or truck. I have shot Elk off of those power lines. trick is to get out there and do some walking. regards, Ken
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I'm not trying to be an azz, but would you not try to secure permission before you applied for the draw? Or over the summer? Good luck finding somewhere to hunt! Fingers are crossed for ya!
Thought came to me also
Old 10-21-2011, 01:59 PM

Give me a shout via PM and I will help as best I can with some maps and names etc. Rather help a fellow hunter out than make comments about Geesh thought you would have done that before putting in for the draw etc. Those comments provide no value at all.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:55 PM

I think if you went out there during the season and knocked on a few doors you would have better luck than on here… the late season is good and farmers that have bails in their fields will want them outa there… The elk **** all over the bails and the cattle won’t touch them after that… leave your number with the land owners… and they may just give you a call if they see them…
Old 10-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Most guys i know that have farms will allow it but not during the holidays i know some reaaly good spots in 338 its my main area i hunt i live 5 mins from it pm me and il help out
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Default 338 Elk

Thanks for the advice and the PM,s its great to have a Forum like this were new hunters (i started at the tender age of 43 ) can ask noob questions and get some usefully feedback and advice. Only a couple of weeks to go and i will be out trying to fill my draw/tag, beats Christmas shopping any day.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM

It's not the easiest place to get permission, unless you know someone. Get yourself a landowner map, and start making phone calls, and knocking on doors. If you don't find access, the power line can be productive. We have taken a couple of nice bulls off the line ourselves.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM

the late season is for cow elk or at least thats what my draw says so hope you don't drop a bull and the farmers in this are are not to hard to deal with just be polite and honest I live in the area and it works
Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
the late season is for cow elk or at least thats what my draw says so hope you don't drop a bull and the farmers in this are are not to hard to deal with just be polite and honest I live in the area and it works
He did say in the OP that it was an "antlerless draw".....

Originally Posted by sgtaxe
Hi i have drawn a Carrot Creek 338 (719) Anterless Elk Dec 21 to Jan 20 ........

LC
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 AM

JohninAB, good on you for stepping up and helping a fellow hunter!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deersniper View Post
johninab, good on you for stepping up and helping a fellow hunter!
x2

lc
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM

I have a draw out there as well, any contacts would be appreciated...I do have some permission already...I have made calls to landowners as well but never received a return call