Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-30-2015, 04:15 PM

Question Big Game/Game Carts....best out there?

I'm curious to what guys are using and your opinions are On what you think is the best "Game carts"on the market?

My dad got a parkland bull moose tag this fall and we are going to be walking in miles deep into a foot access only area....we got frame packs,but I'm leaning towards bringing a cart aswell.

I'm looking for a quality cart that will last a long time for future hunts that I can lend out to family and friends and will carry a lot of weight!

Thanks,WJ
Old 07-30-2015, 04:18 PM

Obviously the use can vary between the kind of terrain and the time of year, but we've found that calving sleds (or sturdier ice fishing sleds, etc.) work well on both snow and dry ground. A sled might not be ideal for every circumstance, but they do work well for a lot of hunting recovery situations.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Obviously the use can vary between the kind of terrain and the time of year, but we've found that calving sleds (or sturdier ice fishing sleds, etc.) work well on both snow and dry ground. A sled might not be ideal for every circumstance, but they do work well for a lot of hunting recovery situations.
That's is an option I had my huge ice fishing sled last fall antelope hunting and it worked good.Ive just never used a game cart with wheels before. I wonder if it would be easier or not than my sled?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:27 PM

http://sasquatchfabrications.com/ The best ive seen and used. Ordering one for my prairie mulie buck hunt this fall.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:31 PM

Default Game cart

I have a big game/game cart. Used on lots of mule deer and antelope. Never used on anything bigger. It seems to me that a full mule deer is enough. I would quarter or half it on anything bigger
Old 07-30-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
http://sasquatchfabrications.com/ The best ive seen and used. Ordering one for my prairie mulie buck hunt this fall.
X2. Looked at lots of them too.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
X3

Best cart on the market!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-