Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM

Default Left hand 870s

Hey guys need help getting info. So what models of the Remington 870s come in left hand. I looked on the internet and the articles (2) lol said that they only come in the express yet I have a wingmaster in LH. So I thought you guys could help me get the skinny on them. I was originally looking to see if they made the marine in a LH and then got wondering what was all out there and if they ever run any special production runs or anything like that. Anyhow just trying to learn a lil bit, thanks
Old 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM

I have an LH Express that I bought 13 years ago.

I cant even remember the last time I saw a Lefty shotgun on the rack, but I haven't been looking that hard either.

some days I kick myself for buying it. its nice to have, but when I lived in Ontario and hunted with slugs a lot, I looked at getting the cantilever barrel for it, but it only was made for the right handers.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:25 PM

For what its worth I'm left handed and never really had problems using my 870 if you don't mind the cross bolt safety.

I've never noticed anything with ejected shells. I don't know if the slide release moves to the other side but having it on the left side and using my left hand feels better than if it was on the other side of the trigger guard.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:36 PM

The best reason to shoot a left hand firearm if you shoot left handed is YOUR safety. Although it’s rare, an action failure or shell failure could really make a mess of your face... I had a 22 shell blow up while shooting a RH autoloader left handed- luckily no vision damage but I got to pick bits of metal out of my cheek. Multiply that many fold with a shotgun or centrefire cartridge- you get the drift.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
The best reason to shoot a left hand firearm if you shoot left handed is YOUR safety. Although it’s rare, an action failure or shell failure could really make a mess of your face... I had a 22 shell blow up while shooting a RH autoloader left handed- luckily no vision damage but I got to pick bits of metal out of my cheek. Multiply that many fold with a shotgun or centrefire cartridge- you get the drift.
Exactly. I’m not sure why left handed shooters would ever consider buying a rt handed gun.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
Or just buy a left hand safety.

https://gunworx.ca/remington-870-tactical-jumbo-safety/

Or better yet use the slide as your safety, I call it running at half mast. Which I did for years. Till the kid took over the 870, he’s right handed and prefers the half mast safety, btw.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-01-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Exactly. I’m not sure why left handed shooters would ever consider buying a rt handed gun.
Because of no other options... try finding a left hand eject AR

LC
Old 07-01-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Because of no other options... try finding a left hand eject AR

LC
Just happen to have one. Stag makes a few different models.