Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-08-2015, 04:39 PM

In the Calgary area for a day or two. Been doing some scouting, but no luck getting access. I have a retriever trained by Maunty at Ringneck Kennels, and all of the gear (minus decoys). Would love to get out for a shoot in the next day or two, or even just run the dog for you as we don't have any fields up North. I can be reached with a PM here or preferably text/call me, Ken, @ 780-935-5361.

Cheers
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM

Good point Cal when you posted: "You guys gotta say where your from and where you wanna hunt if you want to be taken seriously".
It's too confusing to figure out what, where and when people want to hunt. Please all guys be more specific.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:16 AM

I am in Olds, looking for waterfowl buddy to hunt anywhere from Red Deer to Calgary, east or west. I have a truck as well as all the necessary gear.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Default One Spot available for Taber pheasant Festival

I have room for one more to join us for 3 days, October 19, 20 and 21, at the Taber Pheasant festival.
Their is 3 of us(rookies) going out and would love to have someone with some experience or a dog join us for a day or all three.
msg me if anyone would care to join.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:01 PM

hi everyone, still looking for a more experienced deer partner for day/weekend trips around calgary. i have my own gear, but would love someone with experience and a desire to teach to help me learn more of the nuanced hunting skills.

Last edited by Syndre; 09-09-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:35 PM

Default hey

We are based out of Calgary. I live in Mt Pleasant, Bill in Chaparral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndre View Post
hi everyone, still looking for a more experienced deer partner for day/weekend trips around calgary. i have my own gear, but would love someone with experience and a desire to teach to help me learn more of the nuanced hunting skills.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:01 PM

Howdy! My name is Gary. I have some great hunting territory on the Red Deer river north of Brooks. I have a beater motorhome that is warm and cozy and made for hunting. My partner has a 4x4 but a 2wd would do as well. beautiful country and some large deer.

If you are interested, text me at 403-462-6540
I live in Mt Pleasant and my buddy lives in Chaparral.

Regards,
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfricker View Post
I've never done any hunting before, but would love to get some experience. I'm an electrician, originally from Nova Scotia and love having a laugh and talking sports. I'm 30. I have a truck and live in Calgary. Anyone else who's new to the sport that would like a guy to go with, or someone with some experience that don't mind teaching a fella a thing or two are welcome. Young or old. Give me a shout! Thanks
Old 09-09-2015, 07:11 PM

I live in the edmonton area looking to go chicken hunting but I'm new to this and not sure where to go. I have all my own rifles and ammo.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 AM

Anyone in the Calgary area interested in filling a few deer/elk tags in September? Bowhunting only. I have all the gear, just need a partner or partners to split the heavy lifting and be able to watch each other's 6 in the backcountry. Too hard getting my buddies organized this year and I'm itching to get out there. I have access to a few farm leases but more interested in getting deeper into the woods so you'd have to potentially put in some work hiking and tracking. Don't need to be experienced, just need to have a good head on your shoulders. I have a few 3 day weekends coming up so looking to spend a couple overnight trips and see what we find. I like joking around and having fun out there but first things first I'm out to drop big game, so you have to be able to take things seriously. No smoking, no drugs. 30 years old, desk job throughout the week so weekends only. PM if you're interested!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Just here a newbie dont know anything about hunting have my license for over six years looking for a mentor to go hunting in thr weekends as im off work.
If anyone has the patenice to help out and guide me it will be much appreciate it. Please get back to me anytime if possible i live in calgary sw i have a shotgun and a .22 long. I gotta a truck i do drive. Im 33 years old. I dont smoke or drink. Please let me know thanks
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Default need partner

hi 60yr active hunter ie lots of walking going out to grand cache area tuesday
camper truck all the fixings just looking for company.Gets lonely all by yourself
heard 1/2 the stories i am going to tell.just same camp or actively hunting.
haven't been to the area so new to me.It's brown it's down.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 PM

i wish you were close by calgary i would have learnt a lot from you sir.
i like the quote tho lol
Old 09-12-2015, 06:35 AM

Default Ducks

New to waterfowl but am really into getting out and learning this year, I have decoys and camo, waders and a 12 guage, just looking for decent people to get out with, newer to Alberta and don't know any hunters. Based out of chestermere. Willing to drive, have an awd wagon, decent but not for gnarly stuff. Shoot me a text 587-990-7669 or pm me.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:31 PM

Default New to hunting

Hello. I am looking to hook up with an experienced hunter in Alberta to learn me the ropes of a proper harvest.

I am 41, I have my own rifle and no experience.

I have 3 white tail tags and a general bear tag

If anyone has the time and expertise and patients to teach, it would be appreciated more than words can say. REALY

Feel free to call David @ 780-203-6345
Old 09-13-2015, 04:31 PM

Default 406 area anterless elk

I live in Calgary and have an antlerless elk tag for 406. I don't have much experience with this area or with elk hunting.

If someone with more experience with this area wants to go for a few days trips I would appreciate that.

I had planned to rifle hunt but if someone has bow hunting equipment that would be fine.

PM or text ted at 403-463-5494

ted
Old 09-13-2015, 10:17 PM

Default Please take me goose and duck hunting !!

I so desperately want to go duck and goose hunting !!! I live in Morinville just north of St. Albert. I have land access by egg lake .. Looking for someone to show me the ropes thanks guys
Old 09-14-2015, 10:16 AM

Default Upland Birds. Grande prairie

Steady hunters. Looking for an accomplice to go hunting for some upland birds in the grande prairie area. don't care how much experience as I don't have much but I'm ambitious to learn. So if you wanna learn as well and or teach. Im well game and fairly quite while In the bush. I'm new to hunting and specially birds! Let me know!
I'm drinker, smoker, might even be a midnight smoker.
Cody

Last edited by Cody B; 09-14-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:01 PM

Currently living in Airdrie, and looking for a sheep hunting partner. Spent a few years in the Yukon, so I have a fair amount of sheep hunting experience. Just looking for someone to go out hunting with and watch each other's backs, as I've only solo hunted since moving to Alberta. It can get alittle hairy at night out in grizzly country when you're by yourself. Message or text me, 519-384-8251
Old 09-15-2015, 03:31 PM

Bouncing my name back up so people see it - I'm PM'ing those I see with Edmonton as their location but figured some people might not have posted and would see this instead.

27 yr old hunter - previous experience in Coastal and Northern BC. Primarily rifle and shotgun but have been practicing bow for the last 5 months. Pretty low maintenance; I'm happy to walk, push bush, sit and wait etc, just unfamiliar with the AB hunting system - read the regs but want to give it a shot with other people at first. Since meeting people from the internet is always a bit of an unknown, I'm safe with firearms, no criminal record, no drugs, no drinking, so no worries about any of that.

I'm looking to hunt just about anything: From hares to upland birds; Geese and ducks; deer as well. Happy to help with larger game, but can't store much meat so would probably just go after deer.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Default Grande Cache area Elk

Hello fellow AO members,

I went bowhunting for elk the last two weekends but was skunked! Very little sign and no callbacks/interest where I went. I'd like to try further west with rifle. Anyone familiar with the Grande Cache area wmus who would be interesred to go out with me the weekend of Sept 26-27? Twenty-seven year old avid hunter and biologist here; currently lliving in Edmonton. I have an accurate rifle, a good truck, and am willing to put in some heavy footwork if necessary.

Thanks,

matt
Old 09-16-2015, 08:31 PM

Default looking to tag along on a waterfowl hunt

hey guys

been hunting all my life on and off but gotright into it about 10 years ago with hunting big game.

anyways about 2 years ago I started getting into duck hunting with a friend of mine, then due to health problems I was not able to renew my pal(im not a criminal, I can explain further in pm)

anyways I had to sell my shotgun which now in hind sight I should have just given to my friend to keep so I could still go with him. here lies the problem, my friend decided for whatever reason that hunting isn't that important to him and its no longer a priority so he's out for the season

what im looking for is for someone to take me out and show me a few things about waterfowl hunting and if you have an extra shotgun lend me it for the hunt (under your direct supervision as is the law), im getting the bug to get out for some birds.

Im ex military and know how to handle a firearm, I don't do drugs nor do I drink. im a hard worker and not afraid to get dirty. I also wont complain when its raining and cold. id more than happily throw in money for gas/buy coffee/help scout.

good luck this season everyone
Old 09-17-2015, 05:32 AM

Looking to see if there are any die hard hunters in the Hinton area. I never take others out but I have a prime Elk area with alot of Grizz around. Would like to explore more of the area with another hunter.

Must like hiking

Must know when to be quiet

If your new to hunting thank thats fine

Pm me
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 AM

I heard labs are awesome guard dogs
Old 09-17-2015, 03:39 PM

Exclamation Hunting Partner

Looking for a hunting partner to head out with me this weekend for Deer. I'm located in Edmonton but will be driving a few hours away to hunt this weekend. Looking for someone who will actually show up. Also walking / being outside for long periods of time must not be an issue.

Send me a message and we can talk from there and figure something out.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHunter1 View Post
Hello fellow AO members,

I went bowhunting for elk the last two weekends but was skunked! Very little sign and no callbacks/interest where I went. I'd like to try further west with rifle. Anyone familiar with the Grande Cache area wmus who would be interesred to go out with me the weekend of Sept 26-27? Twenty-seven year old avid hunter and biologist here; currently lliving in Edmonton. I have an accurate rifle, a good truck, and am willing to put in some heavy footwork if necessary.

Thanks,

matt

...or any general elk area within 5-and-a-halfish hours of Edmonton. Did I mention I'm fit, normal and enjoy hiking?
Old 09-18-2015, 08:08 PM

Default new to alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter1964 View Post
I so desperately want to go duck and goose hunting !!! I live in Morinville just north of St. Albert. I have land access by egg lake .. Looking for someone to show me the ropes thanks guys
hey im just north of gibbons luv to duck and goose hunt been doing it for 20 years looking to meet new people and get out to shoot some geese shoot me an email and we can chat and maybe hook up

packersfn2000@yahoo.ca
Old 09-18-2015, 08:23 PM

Hey all.

Looking for a grouse / waterfowl partner. 34 years old, have a truck, willing to travel 2 - 3 hours outside of the Calgary area. I'm in my second season (First season was all grouse, now I'm looking to get into waterfowl as well). If you're looking for a partner, I have no issues driving. I have a truck, my own shotgun, and am looking to hit the bush to fill the freezer. This weekend I'm looking to head out, either on my own or with someone else so if anyone wants to team up let me know.

Cheers,

Sapper6fd
Old 09-19-2015, 02:03 AM

Will be heading out super early on Monday chasing elk for the day. The weather where I hunt is cooler and it was snowing the other day so the Elk will be getting vocal anytime. Lots and lots of very fresh elk sign. Its an area I dont share often at all but wouldnt mind a partner as there is some seriously big Grizz around and you have to hike most of the time to find these. Its a no quad area aswell.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:42 PM

Hey yall. I live in edm and never been duck hunting. Wondering if any one is intrested. Im 29 been hunting white tails n moose and such but never water fowl. I got a truck and willing to go
Old 09-20-2015, 11:36 AM

Default Goose

I'm all set up for waterfowl just help with some scouting late start this year had a little girl kinda delayed me this year. I'm in St paul area but I hunt all 10 counties from Lloyd to veg and anything east