Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Bullbarrel

Default ATA Kim Hrushenski

I talked to Kim at the boat and sportsman show booth for the Alberta Trappers Association and during our conversation he gave me a coyote skull. He said there was a person who worked for the provincial gov who did many skulls (boiled, bleached) and I would like to contact this person to buy some skulls. Can anyone help me find this guy?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
JIM MITCHELL

Default skulls

Chris Wilkie is the person who donated the cleaned skulls for the sportsman show. I do not want to post his phone number on the board, however , call me at the ATA ( 780-349-6626) and I can direct you.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
backman2

There is a guy in Athabasca who is cleaning skulls for sale. Guy Reader leave message at work 780-675-3855
Old 03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
jrs

How does the legality of selling skulls work? If i cleaned skulls from legally hunted coyote badger fox could you sell them or do you need a permit? Just curious, i really don't want to part with any but you know. Can't trappers sell green skulls (still meat coverd) If so i may be interested in doing business with one or two, sounds like it may be illegal from what i understand though.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
backman2

I have scads of dirty skulls of all kinds. There is no restriction on me giving or selling them to anyone.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Skulls

Default Skulls

The way the Trapping regs make it sound, teeth, claws and skulls may be sold and even exported without a permit, on most furbearing animals, however one might look into it further for the species that are more highly regulated such as wolverine, lynx, otter, bears.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:41 PM
jrs

Default Re: Skulls

Started new topic instead, left blank